Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the welcomes..........:seeya:

Three hours of deliberating Monday, is my guess!

That`s around what I think........hopefully it`s not wishful thinking........but it shouldn`t take them long really.

I half expected to get up Saturday morning and hear there had been a verdict after I went to bed midnight on Friday!!!! 50 minutes would have been long enough for me to deliver my verdict.

264545_10200633812680695_303330222_n.jpg

Travis's grave has been decorated.

From the candelight vigil page
http://www.facebook.com/events/637640336249930/

We will be traveling to Jackson, MS tomorrow :please: don't let that verdict come down when I am in the car! I want to see it LIVE.

O/T Shaved his hair...but I know he will be bald in a few days.

LOL his oncologist told him to give the tumor a name. Someone you want to fight. "He said can I call it Jodi?" The Dr. looked bewildered.
Hair today:

http://6g6.eu/sih0-hair.jpg

You're both in my thoughts and prayers daily. Love the name your obviously bright and handsome boy has for his tumor. :seeya:

Usually do a lemon water fast for 2-3 days every 3 months so I know I can do this. I should be okay til end of Tuesday so I`m hoping (and optimistic) we have a verdict by then. If it goes into Wednesday, I will have to start juicing.

Hope all the jurors are relaxing this weekend and getting ready to go at it hard tomorrow morning.

I hope the jury also completely disregards the nonsensical testimony from ALV as well. I'll be interested to see what they did with her testimony.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but how does it work now with the jury deliberating? Do they do this after the weekend, during normal court hours? TIA

Beach, the horoscope and the copy (my letter and analysis) are all my own handwork. No other entity or person is involved, no copyright is being infringed.

Tuba, I don't even understand what you did or what it means, but I certainly want one for me and my stupid and recently ex-fiance.

Can someone help me understand the whole idea of Flores and Horn perguring (sp?) themselves (they should be arrested blah blah blah)? They didn't commit perjury. Period. People DO misunderstand each other sometimes. I understand about the typo in the end but what about what happened in the beginning? There was a misunderstanding between Flores and Dr. Horn, nothing more. It was corrected at trial. At the beginning of any investigation, just like anything else, information is not entirely accurate, especially when you are trying to catch a murderer/violent, slaughtering murderer. That's why they call it an INVESTIGATION. And was Flores brought up on perjury charges? NO! Also, can you believe some people believe that Jodi dragged his body back to the shower to possibly wash off his wounds and apply first aid? First Aid? BAHAHA! She slaughtered him and only showered him off to hide evidence, her DNA. If someone believes she was there to apply first aid, why not just call 911? Why not run out the door to get help? Why slaughter him in the first place? ONE wound would have rendered him off-guard, 29 wounds, and a gun shot to the head, first aid?? NOT. Are you kidding me? Not directed at you, but those "other sites" aren't very reliable and sometimes, they are just ridiculous.

My answers in red. :drumroll:

This is something that has nagged at me since the beginning. Even if Jodi really didn't remember anything, wouldn't that be even more reason for her to be hysterical and inconsolable? The fact that she took a life and didn't remember it?

And it's one of the major reasons I had no respect for Dr. Samuels or ALV. Jodi's only concern was that she couldn't sleep in the jail because it was noisy? Or that she was bored?

Wouldn't any competent psychologist be even remotely concerned why Jodi found it annoying that her "noisy" environment was the only reason she could not sleep?

Wouldn't either of them wonder why she wasn't shaken to her core about what happened? That she didn't say, "I can't sleep because Travis' death HAUNTS me, I see his face, I hear his voice, please do something, help me!"

Juan was right: ALV is an apologist and I would add that Dr. Samuels is a minimizer.

Amen.

Any normal person would be totally freaked out if they couldn't remember killing someone.

I will start stressing after an hour. I figure they need to come in, get a drink, ask about their weekend, etc. but it really should not take that long after that. The longer the day goes the more concerned i will be they are considering the other options, and reading the manslaughter or self defense portions

give them longer than that before you worry. i keep thinking if they aren't back by the end of the week, i'll be worried.

the one reason i look for a fast verdict of GUILTY in the first degree is because this case was OVERTRIED by the defense. can there be one fact of this case the jury isn't intimately familiar with?

they must know every text, every email, every word of the sex call, every detail on the gas cans, the trip, the phone, the cleanup-----EVERYthing.

they've heard it all multiple times.

the DT experts were a washout, IMO. alyce was completely discredited, RS was a joke, and geffner never even met her and relied on test results and what the DT told him----and they LIED to him about dr. demarte.

so what do they have to talk about, really? they either all agree and it's quick, or someone DOESN'T agree and it will take longer. but a verdict tomorrow, IMO, is a definite possibility.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but how does it work now with the jury deliberating? Do they do this after the weekend, during normal court hours? TIA

The jury has chosen to deliberate from 9 til 4:30 daily. When the verdict has been decided, all interested parties will have some limited amount of time to get to the courthouse and the verdict will be read.

The courthouse is not open on the weekend as there are budget considerations such as the cost of security etc.

My biggest worry is that it was Juror number 5 (tri-color) and number 8 (ceo) that were asking the questions that showed they were not buying JA's story. Jodi was sure happy to get rid of number 5 :sad:

They decided to deliberate during the week from 9:00 to 4:30 Arizona time. The weekend isn't an option because of money.

This is something that has nagged at me since the beginning. Even if Jodi really didn't remember anything, wouldn't that be even more reason for her to be hysterical and inconsolable? The fact that she took a life and didn't remember it?

And it's one of the major reasons I had no respect for Dr. Samuels or ALV. Jodi's only concern was that she couldn't sleep in the jail because it was noisy? Or that she was bored?

Wouldn't any competent psychologist be even remotely concerned why Jodi found it annoying that her "noisy" environment was the only reason she could not sleep?

Wouldn't either of them wonder why she wasn't shaken to her core about what happened? That she didn't say, "I can't sleep because Travis' death HAUNTS me, I see his face, I hear his voice, please do something, help me!"

Juan was right: ALV is an apologist and I would add that Dr. Samuels is a minimizer.

I believe when Dr. sam and ALV saw Jodi, wasn't it years after the murder? I don't recall specifically whether she'd told them she couldn't sleep in jail immediately after being arrested. I recall her father talking about how inconsolable she was in the days after the discovery.

That means little to me because like Travis said, she only cried for herself. If she'd been truly crying for him, she would have been doing it with Ryan Burns and on and on, whether or not the body had been discovered.

My biggest worry is that it was Juror number 5 (tri-color) and number 8 (ceo) that were asking the questions that showed they were not buying JA's story. Jodi was sure happy to get rid of number 5 :sad:

Don't worry! She'll still be convicted...murder one.

One of the things that makes me thinks JA will kill again, is the statement she made about why she purchased that 9mm gun. She say's she bought it because she was thinking about going on a camping trip with "guys she barely knew" She wanted the gun to protect herself "in case something happened" Who thinks like that? who says to themselves" Yeah, I need to buy a gun to defend myself, just in case. Isn't she really saying willing and able to kill again if the need be?

So nice to see mo many people have changed their avi to support Travis. I have had the same avi since joining WS and never changed it. But i feel this was the least I could do to show my support.

Praying for swift and full justice.

Thanks so much for posting that Gauntlet. Would you happen to know what the color blue symbolizes for Travis?

I`m curious about that too.....also I missed the significance of elephants with Travis?

I have a huge elephant collection, have had some since I was a child....I love them but if anyone can tell me I would be so grateful.

I don't understand why JM wasn't allowed to finish his sentence when he said something about Travis sitting in the shower and 'anything else can be so much colder...'??

In that Nancy Grace video there were clips of her in trial and she was allowed to talk in that style. I loved the way she presented the evidence to the jury.

Why has JM been so censored? Makes me mad.

This is pure speculation on my part, but it is not without basis.

I think that the sides have dealt/stipulated certain elements of the case in addition to the point that JA was holding camera with both hands when she took the full-on face pic of TA in the shower.

I offer up the otherwise inexplicable observation that Juan was allowed to repeatedly refer to JA as having burgled Gramps's gun even though that crime remains officially unsolved.

Also unexplained is why JM never referred to the way that JA posed TA uncovered in that shower stall. She spread his legs wide open with genitals displayed so that his nude body would be discovered just as it was; i.e. exposed to the world.

On the other hand, if she's convicted, we may learn more about the latter point when we move to the penalty/sentencing portion of this trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal