Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well - I can't read people's minds and I'm not a psychiatrist - so it's just my observations.

I see a woman who killed her lover - in a very brutal fashion. It wasn't a good relationship - toxic in fact - and they both should have ended it long before 2008. But they didn't.

I see a tragically broken, grieving family looking for closure and justice.

And I see a prosecutor who could have taken the 2nd degree plea, had her sentenced to life, allowed the family to read their impact statements and walked away from it all ages ago.

If that had occured - I think Travis's family would be much farther on the road to healing.

I have 2 sons - can't imagine losing either of them. I would likewise be devastated beyond belief.

Nor can I imagine trying to go through the circus this trial became.

But I won't read my own personal anger onto a complete stranger and call it truth.

I respect everyone's right to their own opinion. So I am not trying to change your mind but wanted to ask you...you mentioned you have two sons...would you feel differently if one of them became involved with a woman like JA unknowingly. For example JA goes to jail for a time for murdering someone, but then eventually got released due to not getting a life sentence. She will move somewhere far away ..change her look, her name etc. She becomes involved with a man. Then she can only keep the charade up for so long before snapping Then the man once he does see her true colours calls her a sociopath - then she murders again. To me once Travis called JA a sociopath she knew right then and there she was going to kill him...Sociopath's can not tolerate anyone calling them out.

Justice for Travis.

Even JW is looking around for help, lol.

8710966193_82536f6735.jpg

Haha! Great pic.

We will be traveling to Jackson, MS tomorrow :please: don't let that verdict come down when I am in the car! I want to see it LIVE.

O/T Shaved his hair...but I know he will be bald in a few days.

LOL his oncologist told him to give the tumor a name. Someone you want to fight. "He said can I call it Jodi?" The Dr. looked bewildered.
Hair today:

http://6g6.eu/sih0-hair.jpg

Wishing him all the best....love his spunk!

The prosecutor takes the case to a grand jury, which issues an indictment. The decision to go for the DP is usually made by a committee at the DA's office, not an individual prosecutor, and especially not a prosecutor who is not the head DA (or County Attorney, as they are called in AZ). The prosecutor's office is not going to waste time or resources "routinely" going for the DP unless it believes it has a good chance of prevailing. I don't know where you are getting your beliefs about Mr. Martinez from, but they are not correct.

THANK YOU outofstatelawyer!

The thanks button wasn't near enough :)

In sharing my analysis of the chart for submission to the jury at 3:30 p.m., Friday I did not intend to portray the jury as a problem. There is indeed a problem in the final outcome but not owing to the jury. The chart shows the jury to be extremely conscientious and even distressed over the seriousness of the task before them. After some initial adjustments in attitudes and sober reflection and discussion, they will take a step by step approach to their verdict. Each Taurus planet the Moon aspects is achieved without undue conflict or rancor, all coming aspects being sextiles. The Moon in mutable )( operates "pretty soon" or "after a while". The complications in the offing involve a group, some using social media, plus opponents of the death penalty and even of harsh sentences. Since their representative, Pluto, is in tight square with Uranus at an angle, this mob of critics is disruptive and their effect is all too public.

I love this reading and it is encouraging. There is no doubt that the crazies will come out as they are already starting. The comments directed at TA, the Alexander Family, KCL even are ridiculous.

After reading Kattrca's post, I have to have me a good cry.

I wonder how it feels to sit and listen to a prosecutor tell everyone what you did and what you were thinking about be at least 90% right? I don't want to feel it, but wondering how it feels.

When JA stretches her body out on that death chamber gurney in the Arizona state prison, I really hope she hears Travis saying "that's hot"! Straps this time, not rope!!!:stormingmad:

Given the fact that JA already had Ryan lined up, I truly believe another reason she killed Travis was that he intended to "out" Jodi to his fellow Mormon/PPL folks as a lying, manipulative, immoral woman. In other words, he was threatening her access to her intended husband-hunting ground. I'm guessing JA would have perceived that as an intolerable threat to her happiness.

I have often wondered what it was that incited TA to be so angry at JA based on the 5/26 text message = “You are the worst thing that happened to me” “You scammed me”

It seems to me TA did not have that much leverage over JA at that time. By April 2008, JA was living in Yreka. There was no presence of a PPL in that area at that time. Telling a Yreka Mormon Bishop about JA sins would not have been that earth shattering. Exposing JA as a sort of stalking monster to TA friends would have elicited a sort of “Duh!!” on their part. Besides the social circle in question was in Mesa AZ and JA was to have started a new life in Northern California.

I have always thought that JA had the “goods” on TA with the surreptitiously recorded May 10 sex call.
With that “sex tape” JA could have blackmailed TA with respect to ALL of TA future girlfriend prospects. She could have forwarded the recording to TA ‘s Bishop. She could have sent the tape to all of TA’s PPL colleagues which in turn would have caused serious consequences regarding “reputation”

IF JA seriously threatened to blackmail TA with the “sex tapes” TA would have had little recourse or defense. I suppose it is possible that JA used the recordings in her negotiations with TA on June 4.

Before you skipped, I hope you realise some of us were also trying to defend "men".

On Friday, after I mentioned my anxiety over how the amount of men on the jury might affect the verdict in Jodi's favor, my husband, who is and has always been the typical 100% male, believes she should be found guilty of murder one, no doubt -- he had no qualms over the male thing.

When JA stretches her body out on that death chamber gurney in the Arizona state prison, I really hope she hears Travis saying "that's hot"! Straps this time, not rope!!!:stormingmad:

Lol good one
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I wonder how it feels to sit and listen to a prosecutor tell everyone what you did and what you were thinking about be at least 90% right? I don't want to feel it, but wondering how it feels.

I'd muuuuuuuuuch rather him tell everyone what I did than flash those photos of my lady parts and bum bum all over that massive screen. Good Lord. :Happybirthday::Happybirthday:

http://www.wistv.com/story/22129376...n=Buffer:+wis10+on+twitter&buffer_share=f03d6

Kim was a childhood friend of mine and as I take this time praying for justice for Travis I pray that Kim's family will at some point have some sense of closure and justice for Kim. I ask all of you to remember her family in your prayers as well, I think the Alexanders would agree with taking a few minutes to remember all victims. Thank you all for showing that this world is what we make it and it can be a beautiful place with mounds of giving souls giving freely of all of the compassion that our hearts can hold.

i haven't heard that, and it doesn't say any thing about that on his fb, the last i heard of him was after the interview where he was talking crazy about some blood atonement ritual and lds mafia in an interview, then i saw an article about a criminal record, then i saw on "the other sites" that JA said she didn't want any thing to do w/ him any more, and thats the last i saw of him

That makes more sense!

Although I am leaning more toward the crazy blood atonement ritual as a contributing factor to JA' frenzied killing. She was so steeped in the history of the Mormon church in her attempt to trap Travis, as evidenced by her crazed letter to one of Travis's ex-g/fs. (Can't remember which one at the moment). I think when she stumbled upon the archaic blood atonement thing, it gave her an excuse to do what she did for whatever reason she did it. She was just being a 'good Mormon woman'! I almost keeled over when Nurmi called her a 'good Mormon woman'!!!

I know that NG cut Bryan Carr off the second he started talking about the rituals - but I'm still convinced it played a role in one form or another judging from the way she savagely slaughtered Travis. Her 'sketches' - the pentagon and the 'EYE - also show her pre-occupation with the occult. Creepy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675