a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know where to post this, so I'm just going to post it here:

I have never followed a trial before in my life -- never been that interested. I've never signed up with or posted on a forum before, either. But here I am. And I don't know exactly why or how it happened. I can say that I have learned so much, so much about strength, endurance, courage, and kindness. I've "met" the Alexander family, Juan Martinez, Esteban Flores, Katiecoolady, Chris and Skye Hughes and, most importantly, Travis. I could never have imagined that joining in this collective yearning for justice would have led to some very personal and important lessons for me, but it has. It's Travis, isn't it? He's still out there, still teaching, still setting examples. How miraculous.

And Katiecoolady -- I'm am super impressed by your willingness to put it all out there for others. Everything you've done for the Alexander family, and everything you've done for us on this forum speaks volumes about your kindness and your strength. Something has changed for you, I think? As you so eloquently put it in your posting a couple of pages back? A new sense of boundaries, and of your future and purpose? Travis, again. Indirectly, through others, still working his mojo. Again, miraculous.

And as for the rest of you Websleuthers -- I can't tell you how wonderful it is to read your thoughts and to post along with you.

Okay! I'm done!

Justice for Travis!

So beautifully said in words that reflect my own feelings completely. Some kind of synchronicity has happened, and many life lessons learned where I least expected it. Many thanks to all of you here who have brought so much to the discussion. And, last, but not least, thank you Travis. It's been such a privilege.

I was listening to the radio on my way home this evening and there was a talking head that said that there are 22 pages of jury instruction. It is not simply a matter of taking a straw poll, but it must fit the legal definition. I think this jury has put up with so much in the last 4 months, they will carry out their responsibility in due time.
Waiting with frazzled nerves with everyone else...

No verdict today eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Morning all,

My schedule today is to work in the morning then head downtown around 12:30 to hook up with whoever I hook up with down there to wait for the verdict. I still think this afternoon is a possibility. I have all my mornings filled with work but every afternoon open this week so this jury better wait til the afternoon whenever they come in. ;)

I woke up thinking and being very moved by Chris Hughes speaking last night (I'm sure you all did too). I went for an early am walk and was pondering so many things. Mostly his parting words about "speaking for Travis" to us and admonishing us to use all of this as an opportunity to grow. I recommitted myself to just that this morning.

Participating in this trial has offered me many lessons and opportunities to grow in itself. If you only knew how hard it is for me to set boundaries and I had to do it over and over and over again in this process, both for myself and others. I've learned in a deeper way to "trust my gut" which is a HUGE lesson for me personally--about reading people and things. And to take certain risks that I'd never take before. And what truly giving looks like (and doesn't).

I've been thinking about how being discerning and being fierce in drawing lines in the sand is critical to one's development (think Skye Hughes kicking Jodi out of their house).

I'm also thinking about how I complain about being single and walking this path of life "alone" or so it seems and how that really is an illusion. I think of the times I've sold myself short (like Travis did w/ Jodi, as my sister did with her murderer--not criticizing just saying how easy this is to fall in to) and made choices that diminished my vitality. And how it's so, for me, challenging to stay focused on quality vs. space filling people.

I'm thinking I have no time anymore for shallow superficiality in my life! I have no time for lack of integrity in myself or others! I have no time for choices that diminish my light and take me off a path of, as Travis says, "being a better person".

Listening to Chris really brought a laser focus back to my mind about setting my course in a clear intentional way. And listening to Chris himself and Chris describing Travis I am inspired that there ARE men on this planet and potentially ONE man who will find me who feels a similar yearning to grow, become the best they can be. And how I just won't settle for less out of loneliness, desire for sex, exhaustion or anything else. I was remembering an essay I wrote 2 years ago called "It's gonna be Great or nothing" which I will share here. I needed to revisit those words now.

I feel so inspired thanks to Chris Hughes last night. And I feel justice is coming very very soon and I look forward to detoxing any negativity that may have "stuck" to me during these months and putting my life on a path everyone who has ever loved me will be proud of.

Here is my little essay if you want to read it and watch out world...I'm getting ready to bust out and claim my highest self, one I've not gotten to know yet. And I'm hoping Travis Alexander is up there cheering me on.

xoxo

https://www.facebook.com/notes/kathy-monkman/its-gonna-be-great-or-nothing/10150348077424954

KCL :angel:

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
You go girl!!
:hug:

I put on my blue v-neck t-shirt today in honor of Travis. My daughter just came in and has on the same exact t-shirt. I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Haunting journal entry that was not brought into evidence. Looking back at it now, I wonder why? Stop at the 11 second mark. Sorry if this has been discussed before.

[video=youtube;6gPP2dMxQGY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gPP2dMxQGY[/video]

For some odd reason I can't fully articulate, I am quite peaceful after hearing that the jury is coming back at 10AM tomorrow instead of 9AM.

Prayers for righteous justice will continue throughout the night.

Praying that the family and friends of Travis will be able to rest tonight.

Lord, please hear our prayers!

And Lord, let the Alexander family and friends know we hold them so very close in our hearts, just as we hold Travis. :heartbeat:

I hope I am wrong, but I am a bit disheartened by the jury not reaching their verdict today. Plus, they looked somber when they left the courthouse. Please please please let them get this right.

For some odd reason I can't fully articulate, I am quite peaceful after hearing that the jury is coming back at 10AM tomorrow instead of 9AM.

Prayers for righteous justice will continue throughout the night.

Praying that the family and friends of Travis will be able to rest tonight.

Lord, please hear our prayers!

And Lord, let the Alexander family and friends know we hold them so very close in our hearts, just as we hold Travis. :heartbeat:

Do we know for sure they're not coming back until 10? I saw Beth tweeted that, but I can't find anything from the court saying they've changed their schedule. They had initially said 9-4:30 daily.

I would say if they're already eliminating an hour from their day, they're close to a verdict. But again, I want the time confirmed.

I hope I have no right to be, but I am a bit disheartened by the jury not reaching their verdict today. Plus, they looked somber when they left the courthouse. Please don't let there be dissention.

Two things:

--The fact that they looked "somber" came from the mouth of Jinx who, IMO, is a bit sensational and not always accurate.

--Even IF they were somber, I don't think that tells us anything. At the end of the day, they are the only twelve people in the world with this woman's life in their hands. That would make anyone somber, frankly. The gravity of their choice is surely weighing on them. They want to take their time and make sure they do the right thing...no biggie.

Do we know for sure they're not coming back until 10? I saw Beth tweeted that, but I can't find anything from the court saying they've changed their schedule. They had initially said 9-4:30 daily.

I would say if they're already eliminating an hour from their day, they're close to a verdict. But again, I want the time confirmed.

Two things:

--The fact that they looked "somber" came from the mouth of Jinx who, IMO, is a bit sensational and not always accurate.

--Even IF they were somber, I don't think that tells us anything. At the end of the day, they are the only twelve people in the world with this woman's life in their hands. That would make anyone somber, frankly. The gravity of their choice is surely weighing on them. They want to take their time and make sure they do the right thing...no biggie.

BBM #1 I don't even know where to look to find it from the court. The info about 10AM was what I heard from Beth K. I do trust her, though (over and above any other talking heads. FWIW.)

BBM #2 I've been a juror four times. Every single time, we had our "game face" on at all times as we exited the deliberation room regardless of where we were in the deliberation process (lunch, going home for the evening, etc.). So for me, I don't read anything one way or the other into this piece of info.

I take JeanC's observations and opinions with a salt block. MOO :moo:

Two things:

KCL and KDDJ both tweeted the jurors got on same elevator to leave and were laughing and jovial...danged Jane at HLN had me worried!

Two things:

The schedule says 10:00.

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...lList.asp?ID=3604&startdate=5/7/2013&length=1

BBM #1 I don't even know where to look to find it from the court. The info about 10AM was what I heard from Beth K. I do trust her, though (over and above any other talking heads. FWIW.)

BBM #2 I've been a juror four times. Every single time, we had our "game face" on at all times as we exited the deliberation room regardless of where we were in the deliberation process (lunch, going home for the evening, etc.). So for me, I don't read anything one way or the other into this piece of info.

I take JeanC's observations and opinions with a salt block. MOO :moo:

I might feel a little better about no verdicyt yet after we hear from KCL:silly:

Wild guess, but if I was juror, or jury foreman, I would not want to make a final verdict without "sleeping on it"...

Thinking they are in consensus, want to sleep on it, and come in refreshed, review it, and deliver verdict...

Kathy Monkman ‏@katiecoolady 10m
Regular court watchers reporting "jean casarez is nuts" #jodiarias
Expand

Per KCL...so there you go. :)

Does anyone know how the sentencing phase progresses? I know Beth said if she is found guilty of Murder 1 then they will go to aggravation (Juan Martinez-does he give a statement or is there evidence again presented, are there witnesses, is anyone cross examined etc.). IF aggravation is proven and the death penalty is at question then they have the mitigation phase right? Do witnesses give statements or again is there evidence presented, witnesses cross examined etc.? Can anyone help? Thanks!

Kathy Monkman ‏@katiecoolady 10m
Regular court watchers reporting "jean casarez is nuts" #jodiarias
Expand

Per KCL...so there you go. :)

Love it! She is a little "loco in the cabesa", IMO!

Love it! She is a little "loco in the cabesa", IMO!

Well it's hard to top JVM's breaking news today, when she ran up to the court guard screaming into the mic that something was happening and she was going to get the scoop for us. :floorlaugh: The scoop: You folks need to stop blocking the fire lane. :rockon: WOW! Talk about a major development in the verdict watch :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa