Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 and 05/07/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no one wants to take a stab at what could be a sticking point for the jury on premeditated murder?

From twitter:
Local church puts up a sign about what they think of the #JodiArias trial

The jurors are required to start with the first count. So given that they followed that regulation, what could they have had a hard time with today about premeditated murder?

.......Even though death penalty qualified..they perhaps have a hard time relaying it and putting it into stone.....and needed time to go home to sleep on it and have a private conversation and quiet time with their higher power tonight before offering that decision as a group.

IMHO, that is EXACTLY what I would demand of my peers to have before I passed that earth judgment along.

Moo.

Does anyone have any feelings as to what her reaction will be if it's M1 and DP? Stoic? Sobbing? Outburst?

In cases I have followed, the Penalty is decided in a mini-trial usually called the Penalty Phase, which follows the verdict.

If I recall correctly, in the Scott Peterson case, there was a week of downtime between the verdict and the start of the Penalty Phase.

The easiest explanation I can say is that to claim insanity and take the death penalty off the table, a person would have to be diagnosed with an AXIS I disorder (ex. schizophrenia, multiple personality/dissociative disorder).

Therefore, JA's AXIS II disorder (BPD) is not going to do that. It is a personality disorder.

'Hope that helps.

Agh I get asked this a lot, because I talk about this case a lot.

I know what I see in court, but do not know how to explain it to someone who has not been watching it since January. People know the case (sort of), but not the whole story. It is so confusing to explain that I am ready for it to be over. Honestly, friends and family are like "is it over yet?"

I need a vacation from this drama.

My (embarrassingly immature) inner child is smirking and snorting...

And...mine too. Stun Belt time. I've waited patiently expecting it at anytime. That "I couldn't even swat that fly" physco face appears. I do think all capital cases do have stun belts but haven't found that a fact yet. I think it depends on the defendant.?

AZ or Gitana should know. Thanks btw AZ and Gitana for all your knowledge passed on and thanks to all the other legal eagles too. I appreciated it alot. Not to mention all the other professionals responding medically, mentally wise. Where's Pensfan?

jmo

Tomorrow I believe we will hear the word we have been longing for......

tumblr_mme5htKRrW1rpsuhuo1_500.gif

I think I am going to listen to Mr. Martinez' closing argument again.... I am sure it's better the second time around.

O/T....These damn chairs in the hospital that pull out into some what of a bed, well they suck. WTF! My dog's have better beds. Ughhh, I am just in a pissy mood.

@maryellenabc15
U ask -I seek; u wanted 2 know if #jodiarias is drawing while she waits 4 verdict. Deputies say NO, "She can have nothing...she just waits"

Thank you! Your post gave me a huge smile before bedtime. No pencils for Jodi. :facepalm: No wonder she is going crazy on the tweets tonight. I wonder how many headstands she did today? :floorlaugh:

Agh I get asked this a lot, because I talk about this case a lot.

I know what I see in court, but do not know how to explain it to someone who has not been watching it since January. People know the case (sort of), but not the whole story. It is so confusing to explain that I am ready for it to be over. Honestly, friends and family are like "is it over yet?"

I need a vacation from this drama.

Don't feel bad.....we're all suffering from the DT Fatigues! The Defense sure did drag this case out with a lot of unnecessary stuff. They wanted to create a FOG in the jury's heads with it but I think it actually will backfire!!!

:please:

I think Jodi's tweeting so much is 'cause she knows...
Her gig is up..

Arriving tomorrow 1 hour later than the schedule they themselves set......
We'll know by the way the Jurers are dressed.

No worries WS'rs...
Justice arrives tomorrow mornin'!

:juanettes:

I'm not sure these jurors will dress differently. If some of the same jurors that were asking all those good questions are still in place, it won't have anything to do with how they look. They may not even want to be interviewed after this trial. I don't know why they are showing up one hour late tomorrow - Could they have asked for something that will take the court more time to produce? Maybe they wanted to see the ENTIRE interviews JA gave on her TV interviews? Why would that delay one hour? Maybe one of the jurors needed an extra hour? I think this juror pool is real folks and not trying to get in the limelight, if you may. I think they are very serious and I hope they come out with the outcome a lot of us here want. JMO

So no one wants to take a stab at what could be a sticking point for the jury on premeditated murder?

The only things I can think of is that they had sex that day and she also didn't attack him while he was asleep or when his back was turned. I don't think JM made it clear enough when his roommates were home and that she had to wait for the right moment. I also think she wanted to look him in the eye when she stabbed him in the heart.

I don't think they're stuck on it though. As much as I wanted a verdict today.... I think it's too early to think they've moved past 1st degree. Look at the amount of time all of us talk about this case.,,, I would've been bursting at the seams waiting to talk about a million things if I were one of those jurors.

I won't worry unless we get to Wednesday afternoon without a verdict. I'll be impatient and anxious, but I'm still confident we'll get a first degree conviction even if it takes a few days.

MOO

.......Even though death penalty qualified..they perhaps have a hard time relaying it and putting it into stone.....and needed time to go home to sleep on it and have a private conversation and quiet time with their higher power tonight before offering that decision as a group.

IMHO, that is EXACTLY what I would demand of my peers to have before I passed that earth judgment along.

Moo.

I can understand that sentiment but what if someone on the jury doesn't believe in a higher power? I believe in God, but I know that some people would be offended if I asked that of them. Maybe all the jurors believe in a higher power. i don't know.

It could be possible that they've already agreed. I was just assuming that perhaps they hadn't yet.

Ive read the description over and over and I still dont understand what is the definition of just the 1st degree Felony murder. I understand the premeditation part, but I dont see where it describes just 1st degree Felony murder. The 3 things listed always have the premeditation in it.
I am pretty sure JA is guilty of both these parts, but it is real confusing to me the way Felony murder doesnt seem to have a clear description by itself.

Count 1 charges the defendant with First Degree Murder. Arizona law recognizes two types of First Degree Murder – Premeditated Murder and Felony Murder. The state has charged the defendant with both types.

Don't feel bad.....we're all suffering from the DT Fatigues! The Defense sure did drag this case out with a lot of unnecessary stuff. They wanted to create a FOG in the jury's heads with it but I think it actually will backfire!!!

:please:

There are people, me NOT included, that think JM did a poor job. You can see in the sequence of events thread. So that worries me a little. These people are seemingly intelligent and have followed the case, so I'm thinking the jury might be having some hangups like the ones in the sequence thread.

Ive read the description over and over and I still dont understand what is the definition of just the 1st degree Felony murder. I understand the premeditation part, but I dont see where it describes just 1st degree Felony murder. The 3 things listed always have the premeditation in it.
I am pretty sure JA is guilty of both these parts, but it is real confusing to me the way Felony murder doesnt seem to have a clear description by itself.

Count 1 charges the defendant with First Degree Murder. Arizona law recognizes two types of First Degree Murder – Premeditated Murder and Felony Murder. The state has charged the defendant with both types.

In a nutshell felony muder is a murder committed in the commission of a felony crime. ie: burglary, kindnapping, bank robbery, armed robbery etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member