Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting from cell wish I was home with my links because I also remember seeing it; there was a reason they were looking at missing in other countries; & IMO it was because of dental. Did you look at the press release I linked to? Also try her page on the state police site

I read that press release very intresting. I am sure technology advances reveal all kinds of new information. However, I can't understand how you go from dental work to no dental work. I was around way back then when we spent a lot of time reseraching missing women outside the USA and comparing them to Cali.

mjak

http://icaremissingpersonscoldcases.yuku.com/topic/731/Unidentified-Female-in-1979-in-CaledoniaNY

Here is a link to an older page that states the out of the united states denal work. I am not sure it is okay to post this here so mods please remove if not allowed. I just wanted to show what I am talking about.

mjak

FWIW, DoeNetwork used to say the same thing. The last mention on Doe of any dental work preserved in the Wayback Machine was on 10/29/07, and had changed by 11/18/07: http://web.archive.org/web/20071029201647/http://doenetwork.org/cases/1ufny.html

It probably doesn't affect anything in the grand scheme of things, but it makes me wonder how much time sleuthers may have spent focusing on non-US missing.

FWIW, DoeNetwork used to say the same thing. The last mention on Doe of any dental work preserved in the Wayback Machine was on 10/29/07, and had changed by 11/18/07: http://web.archive.org/web/20071029201647/http://doenetwork.org/cases/1ufny.html

It probably doesn't affect anything in the grand scheme of things, but it makes me wonder how much time sleuthers may have spent focusing on non-US missing.

Thanks, I was sure doe network had said the same thing at one point. I think it could change a lot because how do teeth go from having dental work to not having dental work. This is back in the 70's where dental work is metal and very apparent. Not like today where they use stuff that matches natural teeth. What if the teeth they are looking at today are not the same teeth from when the data was originally gathered. If they do the DNA based on the teeth this could be a huge issue. It concerns me. It would not be the first time I have come across errors in labs and the like.

mjak

Odd case--the unknown victium had some income to get her hair "frosted" and possibly near a beach area for her tan lines..yet her teeth were badly neglected...must have hurt painfully...

Odd case--the unknown victium had some income to get her hair "frosted" and possibly near a beach area for her tan lines..yet her teeth were badly neglected...must have hurt painfully...

Dental Phobia has kept many a person away from dental care. Although, in Cali's case i am not sure she never had dental care. Has I have stated before her status of out of country dental work was changed to no dental care and I for one find that concerning. Do we have the same remains here??

mjak

Okay, the Trustworthy Source is still around! (yay!!) It goes a little something like this:

Don't rule out anything based on the pollen or the isotope analysis alone but the fact they corroborate each other means that they are likely useful results. Someone claimed pollen could have been a transfer from a trucker's bedding or clothing but the Trustworthy Source has the list of pollen types found and where they were found which shows that to have been unlikely.

Isotope testing is of limited value alone because the same value can occur in vast areas. It also loses significance in modern populations as people now rarely drink water /eat food sourced exclusively from the area that they reside in, think bottled water etc... Seems like we should probably be looking at the yellow area here (not sure how old the map is, though).

Attachments

• PastedGraphic-1.pdf
    399.5 KB · Views: 50
Okay, the Trustworthy Source is still around! (yay!!) It goes a little something like this:

Don't rule out anything based on the pollen or the isotope analysis alone but the fact they corroborate each other means that they are likely useful results. Someone claimed pollen could have been a transfer from a trucker's bedding or clothing but the Trustworthy Source has the list of pollen types found and where they were found which shows that to have been unlikely.

Isotope testing is of limited value alone because the same value can occur in vast areas. It also loses significance in modern populations as people now rarely drink water /eat food sourced exclusively from the area that they reside in, think bottled water etc... Seems like we should probably be looking at the yellow area here (not sure how old the map is, though).

Send these to your contact.

Jane Doe came from 1 of the 13 southeastern U.S. states

Smithsonian sheds new light on Knox County cold cases

If I'm reading right; "Cali" grew up in the yellow area in one of those states; & from the pollen we know it was narrowed down to a certain part of California.

If I'm reading right; "Cali" grew up in the yellow area in one of those states; & from the pollen we know it was narrowed down to a certain part of California.

Yes, as I understand it the Southwestern U.S. is the only place that was consistent with both the Isotope testing and the pollen testing.

Add in the tourquoise necklace, and that suggests the Southwest U.S. also (although one can buy tourquoise jewelry anywhere).

My understanding is the isotope testing said she grew up south west as did the pollen testing & thats why they sent the age regression to those states. I will post the google results I found tomorrow.

Carl says Linette resembles another gal more

I though that the pollen testing was from her pockets and just indicated that she had bee in the southwest. Not necessarily raised there.

Yes, as I understand it the Southwestern U.S. is the only place that was consistent with both the Isotope testing and the pollen testing.

Thanks Carl.

Add in the tourquoise necklace, and that suggests the Southwest U.S. also (although one can buy tourquoise jewelry anywhere).

I had the same jewelry purchased from Grants. I'm surprised LE has been so clueless about it.

Does anyone know if Gail Lorraine Joiner was ever discussed? She isnt on the rule-outs list on Namus. She does resemble "Cali" and is from Florida. The necklace she is wearing looks similar to the one found on "Cali".

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2190dffl.html

GAIL LORRAINE JOINER

Missing since September 22, 1972 from Thonotosassa, Hillsborough County, Florida
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 22, 1959
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5' 0"; 100 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde/brown hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: She has a scar on her cheek and facial freckles.
Clothing: jeans. No shoes.
Dentals/DNA: Not available.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Joiner was last seen in Thonotosassa, Florida on September 22, 1972.

It has been reported that she came home from school, ate a sandwich, then left home to walk her pet raccoon, Bandit, on a leash. Witnesses saw Joiner standing near a white car parked on the edge of a work area, but nobody saw her get in the vehicle. She has never been heard from again.

Joiner moved to Florida from Michigan a few months before her disappearance. She has six siblings.

A suspect confessed to her murder and described the location of the remains, but a search could not locate her. The suspect recanted the confession but knew details only the killer would know.

She has been ruled-out by default.

What really bothers me is that her picture and her name are sitting out there somewhere in a high school year book. A lot of school alumni groups are starting to post old graduate pictures online, but who knows if she stayed in school that long, plus the time it could take to go through probably thousands of pictures from the south west area, but I think I'm going to start. It just baffles me how not even her identity can be solved in this day and age. And how it looks like she was never even reported missing. I cannot get over how many people are never formally reported missing!!!

Any updates about whether it is the person SeekingTheLost thinks it is? Wouldn't they have gotten results back yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What really bothers me is that her picture and her name are sitting out there somewhere in a high school year book. A lot of school alumni groups are starting to post old graduate pictures online, but who knows if she stayed in school that long, plus the time it could take to go through probably thousands of pictures from the south west area, but I think I'm going to start. It just baffles me how not even her identity can be solved in this day and age. And how it looks like she was never even reported missing. I cannot get over how many people are never formally reported missing!!!

I've thought the same thing. I went through every available 1977-1979 high school yearbook in classmates.com from high schools in San Diego county, and quite a few in Orange County CA and Arizona also.

I found one girl who had a pretty good resemblance to Cali, but I ultimately found the woman working in a bookstore in Ohio.

But that would be great if you have the time to look. The poor dental hygene and neglected condition of her teeth suggest that she might have been a runaway for some period prior to her disapearance. So maybe she didn't go to high school.

10 Mysterious Cases Involving Unidentified People

#6 Caledonia Jane Doe - On the morning of November 9, 1979, a passing motorist discovered the body of a young woman in a cornfield near Caledonia, New York. She looked to be between 13 and 19 years old and was killed by two gunshot wounds to the head. Authorities estimate that the murder weapon was a .38-caliber handgun. She was likely killed the night before, but unfortunately, heavy rains had washed away potential forensic evidence. Her pockets had been turned inside out, indicating that the killer had possibly removed her identification.

A waitress reported seeing the woman at a diner in Lima, New York the night before, and numerous truckers claimed they had seen her hitchhiking and attempting to catch rides. In 2006, three microscopic pollen grains found inside her clothing were analyzed and it was determined they could have only come from Florida, Arizona or Southern California, indicating that the girl had traveled a great distance before her death. But even though authorities have followed up on over 10,000 leads, she has yet to be identified and remains buried under the name “Jane Doe” in Dansville, New York.

three microscopic pollen grains links to Livingston County Sheriff's Office trying to solve 32-year-old Caledonia murder

Any updates about whether it is the person SeekingTheLost thinks it is? Wouldn't they have gotten results back yet?

Results have not come back yet. It seems like it's been months; DNA was taken on May 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea