GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That question was raised at the PC and the sheriff basically said they had more pressing things to deal with than that at this time.

I'm sure, however over 2000 man hours were spent in the investigation and a false witness leading for a person sought that didn't exist is a false trail hindering the investigation. Not only were LE looking for the suspect, but the public. Also not every officer is out looking for a suspect, so one officer dealing with charges on a false witness is no big deal taking time away from an investigation. Plus it sends a message that lieing to police will get you in trouble. The neighbors were frightened enough without having to look out for a person who never existed.

Psychologists and psychiatrists are often fooled by psychopathic children.

I don't know enough about this particular child to have an opinion one way or another.
We know next to nothing....and sadly, the case may remain that way.

thank you for clarifying! i feel a lot better now. what a complex family dynamic. it sounds like there may have been resentment between the adults prior to this incident. sorry if my comments were inflammatory to anyone...this case still seems very layered and sometimes confusing.

NP! I've been following since the beginning and it still gets confusing.

Anyone else not seeing the presser??? Mine is just loading and loading...

Barney Fowler told The Associated Press that the family is standing behind the boy, who was arrested Saturday after a crime that terrified this Central California foothill community.

"Until they have the proper evidence to show it's my son, we're standing behind him," Fowler said. "If they have the evidence, well that's another story. We're an honest family."

http://news.yahoo.com/apnewsbreak-dad-wants-evidence-girls-stabbing-214049011.html
Doesn't sound like he is trying to hide or deny anything, rather just coming to terms with the arrest of his son.

Ticya, it's heartwarming to see your Hawk soaring again!

Doesn't sound like they are trying to hide or deny anything, rather just coming to terms with the arrest of his son.

It must truly be awful for them. One thing though is he says they are standing behind him until they hear evidence. Then that would be a different story? Then what? Completely abandon him?

Personally, I cannot imagine anything like this ever happening to my family, but as a parent I love my children unconditionally. I could never truly abandon any of my children no matter what they may do. Honestly-I just couldn't. I imagine nothing could be worse than this-how do you forgive? And perhaps one can't. But I firmly believe that I would do whatever possible to let my child know that I was there for them no matter what.

Now, I wouldn't go as far as to try to hide evidence, or make excuses for what they had done or even help them avoid punishment. But I would still love them and be there for them. There to comfort them and to do everything I possibly could to help to heal their soul-to help them find God. While thier punishment on earth may be deserved and justified, I would want to do everything I could to help them to change, find God, seek forgiveness, and have a chance at eternal redemption.

This is my problem with the death penalty. I truly believe there is a Heaven and that God will forgive anyone for anything if they TRULY are sorry, even if it is with their dying breath. I do not think it is right to take that ability away from someone. Eternity is a very long time. Eternal love and forgiveness, or eternal damnation is a pretty big difference. I would hate to think I took that choice away from anyone.

I am not a bleeding heart liberal by any means when I say this, and realize other people have different opinions than mine and I respect that. I am just stating my personal feelings and beliefs and that no matter what they have done, children, even those that kill, deserve to have some adult standing by them trying to at the very least to save their soul.

It must truly be awful for them. One thing though is he says they are standing behind him until they hear evidence. Then that would be a different story? Then what? Completely abandon him?

Personally, I cannot imagine anything like this ever happening to my family, but as a parent I love my children unconditionally. I could never truly abandon any of my children no matter what they may do. Honestly-I just couldn't. I imagine nothing could be worse than this-how do you forgive? And perhaps one can't. But I firmly believe that I would do whatever possible to let my child know that I was there for them no matter what.

Now, I wouldn't go as far as to try to hide evidence, or make excuses for what they had done or even help them avoid punishment. But I would still love them and be there for them. There to comfort them and to do everything I possibly could to help to heal their soul-to help them find God. While thier punishment on earth may be deserved and justified, I would want to do everything I could to help them to change, find God, seek forgiveness, and have a chance at eternal redemption.

This is my problem with the death penalty. I truly believe there is a Heaven and that God will forgive anyone for anything if they TRULY are sorry, even if it is with their dying breath. I do not think it is right to take that ability away from someone. Eternity is a very long time. Eternal love and forgiveness, or eternal damnation is a pretty big difference. I would hate to think I took that choice away from anyone.

I am not a bleeding heart liberal by any means when I say this, and realize other people have different opinions than mine and I respect that. I am just stating my personal feelings and beliefs and that no matter what they have done, children, even those that kill, deserve to have some adult standing by them trying to at the very least to save their soul.

The way I interpret it is that they are going to deny the charges until LE shows more proof.

Then, they won't "completely abandon" him, but support him in light of their expanded knowledge of the charges.

It sounds right to me.

IMO, he is saying the family would accept the consequences IF is going to face. I certainly don't think he is saying they would abandon him. Remember, there are some in the community who are saying the parents lied or covered for him, asking for donation money back, etc. I think that is the context he was speaking from. Also sounds like LE has not shared much with them at this point.

I realize LE is between a rock & a hard place in discussing evidence with the parents & the public, but I think this could grow & get ugly fast. Hopefully there is something they can do in regards to some kind of release without jeopardizing the case. Example in Jessica's case, they released remains were found in the teen's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993