Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #4 **ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote Problem is Brantford wasn't a detour, it was directly on the path to the hangar/farm]

I don't think they were trying to create a red herring. They were just dumping the phone which they figured would remain lost as it was off/no battery/no signal[/quote]

IMO I think they wanted to look like they took the highway. If they did then were seen downtown if wouldn't make sense. They would have been backtracking. If they did drive thru downtown, then likely route was Wilson st etc to get to Brantford. Which then makes the cell drop not make sense IMO

Has anyone run across any nicknames used by DM? It's hard to believe a 27 yr old man in business would have so little about him available online.

I would love to know this as well...been trying to sleuth Canadian paintball forums for over an hour, sure would help to have a nickname.

No, the theory is the suspects were after a guy, but didn't know his name. They had a general description of him, and had seen his truck with a For Sale sign. They then looked online & started contacting people selling a similar truck. First guy didn't fit description, went to next on list, found TB. They went to first guy on foot because they planned to follow the same plan & kill him if it was the right guy. He didn't fit the description, so they moved on.

Well they must have done alot of calling around.... Because that model truck was same from 2003 to 2008... 2ndly, traveling from etobicoke for test drive... Then ancaster next day?... They were seeking a specific vehicle and I dont think they were looking for a person... Just the truck, particularly 2007 5.9 diesel..as last engine year

Kijiji had a statement that the ad through kijiji was not the ad that the individuals used. Kijiji stated that LE said it was in fact the autotrader ad that was used to view Tim's truck

I read this on kijiji earlier today...so jmo

That's what I figured as well. I have sold vehicles in the Autotrader in the past, and if someone wants a quick way to see what's available, pick up a copy, leaf through it and you will often find what you are looking for. It's that simple. There are thousands of guys, and girls, who use Autotrader to find good deals in a simple, expedient way. This is part of the reason why I take this case personally, because I see Tim Bosma as representative of all of us.

Millard was probably looking for a private sale of a Dodge Ram diesel and found at least two. I don't know if that issue is still on the racks, but it would be interesting to go through it to see what was in the listings.

This may be the dumbest reply ever but maybe the person who took the photo thought someone was making a bomb or something. Huge tank on a pretty much deserted farm property may trigger some fear and suspicion in neighbouring locals. Did the neighbour state that they thought the incinerator had something to do with the Tim Bosma case?

City-slicker here; I wouldn’t know it was an incinerator at first gander. I might be inclined to think it was a possible device to blow up the CN Tower. I’d be click-clicking too (while pretending to look for a lost dog on someone else’s property).

Father's lawyer for his Will?

If it were that simple the lawyer no doubt would have divulged that

In the interview he gave today, the lawyer really did not want to clarify the connection between DM and himself except to say he does not advertize and relies on word of mouth referrals

I think DM knows someone who has been in trouble recently and picked up the same lawyer. The lawyer does not want to id this client because it would set DM in a bad light

Time frame would have been right though

Also the lawyer is a criminal not estate lawyer

The thing I find interesting is that taking pictures of DM's property and belongings seemed to be a bit of a hobby for someone. There were others pictures taken of a generator that had been dragged to a spot in the field (based on the displaced earth up around the side of the generator) while there was still snow on the ground. I seem to recall someone said it was taken in March.

Maybe they felt it was an "artsy" shot or something but it just seems odd that neighbours (1 or more) are a) on his property without him and (b) taking pictures of the equipment on his property.

I have to say though, that I myself take pictures of things I want to learn more about or research. I can realistically see myself coming across that incinerator and thinking "what the heck is THAT??" and taking a picture of it, then going home and googling any identifying information.
It wouldn't be until I heard about the owner of the incinerator being arrested that I'd have my HOLY POOP moment and be on the phone to the tip line. Until then, I'd probably convince myself that the incinerator was to burn brush and garbage quickly and safely.
But, no matter what, it IS odd that people are traipsing around on his property taking pictures of his machinery.

I don't find it unusual at all that the neighbour was taking pictures of what he may have considered strange activities on DM's property. If you look at the google maps, there are a couple of neighbours that are very close to the barn on DM's property. And when a 20 something year old rich kid buys the plot of land beside you, which was probably previously either unused or used for farming only, you're going to get curious. Who knows what kinds of activity these neighbours have had to put up with. Or maybe none other than a couple of strange incidents. When bulldozers show up for excavation in the snow, you're going to be curious. When you notice an incinerator on the property, you're going to get curious. When there is activity during the week in the dark of night on that property (when no one lives there and are likely not usually around) you're going to get curious. And when you go to check it out, knowing that a man is missing in the area and you see the incinerator moved, you're going to get curious.

We always wonder why people don't notice anything when a crime is being committed. Most people stick to themselves and don't want to be perceived as being nosy. I'm all for nosy neighbours. LE would solve a lot more crimes if there were more of them IMO.

MOO

I would love to know this as well...been trying to sleuth Canadian paintball forums for over an hour, sure would help to have a nickname.

I'm trying to figure out if he had another FB profile. The one he has just seems like a throwaway. I know not everyone is into social but it's become pretty uncommon to have this small of a footprint.

Also strange... you usually see at least a few people going, "Omg! I know that guy! I went to high school with him!" or "He would never..." or otherwise expressing shock, revealing relationships. Seems awful quiet. NO ONE is surprised/concerned?

Furthermore, IMO, why come to Brantford at all if plans were to go to Waterloo/Roseville? DM could have gone directly there, from Ancaster, and not bothered with Brantford. Truck would have been hidden sooner incase someone had called it in. To me there is more to Brantford than meets the eye. MOO Not just a stop on the way.

Did I miss this before?

CBC News Alerts ‏@CBCAlerts 22m
Police source says investigators believe #TimBosma may have been killed in attempted carjacking; truck found with seats missing. #hamont

I've been thinking about this and in my opinion the key to this case is the vehicle that follows the truck after it leaves TB's house.

There has to be a very good reason why that vehicle was following. At first I thought perhaps it was pulling the trailer to load TBs truck into it, but we know his truck was spotted in Brantford so if the plan was to drive to a certain spot and then put the truck into the trailer why would the trailer be following and not just be at this predetermined spot where they could meet up?

So I think we can rule out that it was another vehicle towing the trailer.

I also ask myself... if it were me, I certainly wouldn't involve so many people as to risk getting caught and having to trust so many people to keep quiet about it. I don't think the plan was to steal TBs truck and take it to the hanger and rip apart for parts. DMs friend AM has been cleared... SS doesn't match the description of the second suspect. These are people that would have access to the hanger and would eventually discover TBs truck, so why weren't they involved in this?

I think the motive for this whole thing is in that following vehicle and I wouldn't rule out the possibility that they knew TB, which could be the reason the first guy with the other truck was unharmed... because he wasn't TB.

Whoever was in that following vehicle was unable to walk up to TBs house themselves, so they needed someone else to do it.

I think this also could be why we think DM was so stupid to park the trailer at his mothers house and put the body on his property. This wasn't supposed to be traced back to DM if it weren't for the mistake of exposing his tattoo.

What do others think about this?

I strongly believe that whoever was following them knew TB, and that TB would recognize them. How this person knew both TB and DM I don't know, or how he got DM to go along with it is still up in the air. And if the person knew TB, did they not know where he lived? Why did they test drive the first vehicle in Toronto, and why did they not torch the truck too? So many questions.

Did I miss this before?

Police source says investigators believe #TimBosma may have been killed in attempted carjacking; truck found with seats missing. #hamont

And the chop shop theory gains some weight.

BBM - According to police at one of early press conferences, SB did not see another vehicle.

Like practiced thieves, they would have made sure to keep that one out of sight until the proper time.

^^^^^^ THIS! Does anyone else here regularly take photos of their neighbours' belongings for no reason?

I would like to know when the neighbour took the photo. Did he/she take it recently because he/she had heard about TB's disappearance and just thought it was suspect? Or was it taken well before TB went missing, for who knows what reason....

Its my understanding that the property was mostly outbuildings? So IMO the neighbour may have thought it was a strange thing to have and thought "I'll take a pic". To show to another neighbour or wife/husband.

I have a couple "neighbours" who own land out here but haven't built any houses yet. If I saw something suspicious like suddenly an incinerator where there is no reason, I have to say I may take a picture also. Its so easy to just whip out your phone and snap a picture of anything now.

Did I miss this before?

Can you put up a link?

We have a defend lawyer in Calgary does just that. He's very famous defending the worst criminals and he's very proud of his work. Every time there's a big case in the area the news media likes to ask him for his opinion. Every time I see him opens his mouth I sweat I can see little words "lies, lies, lies" coming from between his teeth. I know defend lawyers need to make a living too. But I just don't know how lawyers like these can sleep at night! :stormingmad:

I know who you're referring to and I feel exactly the same way. He comes across as such a shady, slippery, manipulative snake who loves media attention and being in the spotlight. I truly have no idea how the man sleeps at night, either.

And the chop shop theory gains some weight.

I really think this is where it is leading. In a big way too MOO

Pictures seen of rebuilt and painted car parts and cars with windows smashed out strongly suggest that IMO

Did I miss this before?

This tells me he was killed in the truck. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member