Canada - Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #4 **ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
No gray area for me. I've been "affected" by every single death in my family; not once have I stolen or killed someone because of it.

A friend of mine, on her 50th birthday, walked into her garage to find her 17 year old son hanging from the rafters, dead. She also did not steal or kill as a result.

Sharlene Bosma was "close" to her husband, but you can bet your boots she won't go out and steal or murder because of it.

Thank you for this post. I was going to post something along these lines, but then thought again because I know how society has changed and how kids are so different these days.

I can understand how much it can mess with your mind finding a loved one who has committed suicide. I can understand how it can make you say and do things you wouldn't normally say or do, but I can't understand it turning a decent person into a pre-meditated murderer.

Quite honestly, I have a really hard time understanding the current "entitled" youth. There are kids I have seen raised well who still have this feeling.

When it comes to young people in these cases, I have a hard time theorizing.

Just to clarify... Yes the pic I saw is TB in a plane but, it was one of the admins of the page, close friend who DOES have a PL that took him up.

Still a sigh of relief... others thought the same thing on the page.

What would you have said? He has a job.Defend his client.
IMO. He seemed to be caught off guard by the question altogether.Only that question.Go look at that video again.Deer in the headlights.It took him a bit to get back on track.
No one EVER said that a criminal lawyer has a heart/conscience. Do they?
I read through real cases and wonder how people can be paid to defend someone who is blatantly guilty or lying.
I'm told that everyone is entitled to a good defense. I could not do his job.
He did make DM sound like an upstanding young man.A philosopher no less. Caught in a terrible place like Barton St, jail,facing a 2 year sentence before an actual trial in Canada, where you are innocent until proven guilty.
Poor DM. NOT!!

Deepak Paradkar is, in my opinion, experienced in high-profile criminal trials - and he carefully crafts each and every word that passes through his lips.

JMO - I've worked in Chicago as a paralegal/assistant State's Attorney for years, and it is my opinion that these guys (cream of the crop defense attorneys) - they are the best money can buy...for a reason.

That being said, the truth cannot be overcome by a flashy, quick-witted attorney. Paradkar doesn't have much to work with, in this case- from what we've seen, so far, he's on a flailing ship with his client. JMO

(Thanks for all the hard work you guys have put into the threads - been following along for days.)

I have a really hard time understanding the current "entitled" youth.

As do I. There has been a lot of values and ethics dropped somewhere for a lot of kids today. But to avoid generalization, there are some outstanding young people who have been properly taught right from wrong and practice their values.

Agreed! I think that is why I am struggling to figure out why they came this way in the first place when they could have easily gone straight down 52 to 8, instead drive to brantford make a stop, possibly thru princeton, paris, then to roseville or waterloo depending on where they were headed, IMO

If they were laying low and sticking to back roads then 52 (Copetown Rd) doesn't make sense as you'll end up going through a lot of fairly populated areas once you get onto Hwy 8 (eg. Rockton). Plus, I always see plenty of cops on Hwy 8 for some reason -- possibly because of a lot of 'backroad' alcohol-related crashes.

To me, the logical route would be Bishopsgate going north then switch to Brant-Oxford/Trussler which puts you right at the western end of Roseville Rd and conveniently avoids Paris, Ayr, and Cambridge. If you were just to the west of Brantford and you instructed a GPS to avoid major highways to get to the farm on Roseville I bet you that would be the calculated route. Should be easy to test.

BTW, first post. Started lurking here for this as it hits pretty close to home. Used to live just down the road from Tim Bosma. From what I've seen in how the HPD are handling this, their interactions with the media and their co-ordination with other-jurisdiction LE this by and far has to be their finest hour.

This has not been revealed yet by LE.

Somewhere, but not sure where, I saw in print it was the neighbour who had supplied video surveillance that show possibly an SUV following the truck just after leaving the Bosma house

Something interesting on Google streetview of the Roseville farm -- there's two motorcyclists on the road passing right in front of the farm. What are the chances that the Goggle car catches Dellen and a friend doing a little racing on the very straight Roseville Road?

Just to clarify... Yes the pic I saw is TB in a plane but, it was one of the admins of the page, close friend who DOES have a PL that took him up.

Still a sigh of relief... others thought the same thing on the page.

I dont think people realize that the site admin also worked out of the same airport as DM. I swear this is something that I cannot let go of, I had posted this in a much earlier thread.

The UK is actually just England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales, but I get what you're saying. And I don't know where DM's mom was born/raised, but his lawyer today mentioned an uncle and aunt who live in France. I assume this is his mother's brother.

Yes and the connection was made and I did mention the France connection quite a ways back. There was friends of AM that were of same name as DM'S mom.

Maybe AM's account is really DM'S acct?! Wouldn't that be a Kicker?!

I've been lurking for several days. I've seen people named, then cleared, but not before links to their FB photos were posted, and accusations made on those pages. I see LE continually second guessed while they stay tight-lipped to protect an ongoing investigation and lots of people guessing about evidence that is already in the hands of LE. Most of the theories I've seen are based on 2 assumptions - that DM is a cold blooded killer and TB is a random and innocent victim. Both of those assumptions could be true, partly true, or not at all true. This is what I believe to be true: 1. DM was there, at least at the time TB was taken. 2. DM and suspect #2 test drove a similar truck the previous day under similar circumstances (walked up) and did not harm the owner. 3. The truck and the remains were found on properties linked to DM. 4. DM has told his lawyer something and the police nothing. (The lawyer stated that there is a story behind this that he can't share right now, and the police stated they have not yet identified other suspects) That's not a lot of facts, and I could make up any number of scenarios. I will offer one, but first I need to preface it. I am so heartbroken for the family's loss. I've been obsessively checking for updates and I cried when he was found. I have also been working on the assumptions above. But something doesn't feel right - doesn't seem to fit. It's niggling at me. So, as much as it pains me to write this, considering what the family is suffering through, other motives have to be considered. Imagine this. Woman tells man (boyfriend, husband, best friend) that she was harmed in some way. He looks like this, and drives this kind of vehicle with a for sale sign in the window. Man says "I'll kill the SOB", shares with his friends and they say "let's get him". They find a couple of vehicles for sale that match. Two approach, one follows (maybe even with the girl to make an ID) not the right guy - try the next one. Maybe it's mistaken ID maybe it's not. Maybe T senses the danger and jumps and is grievously injured or killed then and they panic and try to cover up. Maybe they think they have a guy who hurt someone close to them and at that point DM is done and he leaves in the other vehicle. Maybe all of the evidence is on him, because he had the resources. (Trailer, properties, etc) Why would you protect someone when faced with such a terrible crime? Intimidation? Because it was an accident? Because you understand why they did it? I'm not suggesting there is any justification to kill, I only hope that a different theory might give you pause. Speculation is dangerous and often cruel. I hope I've demonstrated that.

I dont think people realize that the site admin also worked out of the same airport as DM. I swear this is something that I cannot let go of, I had posted this in a much earlier thread.

So, i'd guess that he must know Tim then? Which would mean there is a connection ... Whoever the admin is knows DM , yet is also close enough to Tim (or a family member) to support and run that site..

A briefing on Canadian criminal law...

When a person is charged with a crime, it is up to the defense to request the Crown to make full disclosure of all evidence that they have to support the charge. When a defendant is asked by the court to make a plea without full disclosure from the Crown, a criminal attorney in most cases will have the defendant enter a plea of "not guilty." As we've all watched the evidence unfold, we here seem to understand that DM is looking pretty guilty. But EVERYTHING that LE and the Crown have on this murder must first be disclosed for Deepak Paradkar to even tinker with the idea of pleading guilty. This hasn't happened, so Deepak & Co. will enter a plea of "not guilty" on grounds that little to no disclosure has occurred.

If no additional suspects are identified or charged by LE, Deepak & Co. will likely look to cut a deal with the crown to identify the other perps in exchange for lesser charges. Deepak is just doing his job, which is to defend to the best of his ability and to the extent of the justice system the charges against DM. A good defense attorney will actually help the prosecution, because the Crown is forced to do a more diligent job.

I've been lurking for several days. I've seen people named, then cleared, but not before links to their FB photos were posted, and accusations made on those pages. I see LE continually second guessed while they stay tight-lipped to protect an ongoing investigation and lots of people guessing about evidence that is already in the hands of LE. Most of the theories I've seen are based on 2 assumptions - that DM is a cold blooded killer and TB is a random and innocent victim. Both of those assumptions could be true, partly true, or not at all true. This is what I believe to be true: 1. DM was there, at least at the time TB was taken. 2. DM and suspect #2 test drove a similar truck the previous day under similar circumstances (walked up) and did not harm the owner. 3. The truck and the remains were found on properties linked to DM. 4. DM has told his lawyer something and the police nothing. (The lawyer stated that there is a story behind this that he can't share right now, and the police stated they have not yet identified other suspects) That's not a lot of facts, and I could make up any number of scenarios. I will offer one, but first I need to preface it. I am so heartbroken for the family's loss. I've been obsessively checking for updates and I cried when he was found. I have also been working on the assumptions above. But something doesn't feel right - doesn't seem to fit. It's niggling at me. So, as much as it pains me to write this, considering what the family is suffering through, other motives have to be considered. Imagine this. Woman tells man (boyfriend, husband, best friend) that she was harmed in some way. He looks like this, and drives this kind of vehicle with a for sale sign in the window. Man says "I'll kill the SOB", shares with his friends and they say "let's get him". They find a couple of vehicles for sale that match. Two approach, one follows (maybe even with the girl to make an ID) not the right guy - try the next one. Maybe it's mistaken ID maybe it's not. Maybe T senses the danger and jumps and is grievously injured or killed then and they panic and try to cover up. Maybe they think they have a guy who hurt someone close to them and at that point DM is done and he leaves in the other vehicle. Maybe all of the evidence is on him, because he had the resources. (Trailer, properties, etc) Why would you protect someone when faced with such a terrible crime? Intimidation? Because it was an accident? Because you understand why they did it? I'm not suggesting there is any justification to kill, I only hope that a different theory might give you pause. Speculation is dangerous and often cruel. I hope I've demonstrated that.

Interesting.. i also have a theory that involved a love triangle ...

Those of you who are looking at Google Maps:

We have a sleuther who was able to zoom in and see an accused perp and his victim in a Starbucks sometime before the murder. This member created a thread on how it's done for our sleuthers. One or more of you may want to try it! Here's the link: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197262"]Guide to Google Maps Sleuthing and Finding Clues! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

A briefing on Canadian criminal law...

When a person is charged with a crime, it is up to the defense to request the Crown to make full disclosure of all evidence that they have to support the charge. When a defendant is asked by the court to make a plea without full disclosure from the Crown, a criminal attorney in most cases will have the defendant enter a plea of "not guilty." As we've all watched the evidence unfold, we here seem to understand that DM is looking pretty guilty. But EVERYTHING that LE and the Crown have on this murder must first be disclosed for Deepak Paradkar to even tinker with the idea of pleading guilty. This hasn't happened, so Deepak & Co. will enter a plea of "not guilty" on grounds that little to no disclosure has occurred.

If no additional suspects are identified or charged by LE, Deepak & Co. will likely look to cut a deal with the crown to identify the other perps in exchange for lesser charges. Deepak is just doing his job, which is to defend to the best of his ability and to the extent of the justice system the charges against DM. A good defense attorney will actually help the prosecution, because the Crown is forced to do a more diligent job.

Please provide a link to this information. :tyou:

DM would not have murder 1 charges against him if LE did not have the goods to make it stick, IMHO. Coming from money doesn't mean a thing. The old adage "money doesn't buy class" couldn't be truer in this situation. If DM was innocent of any wrongdoing then he would not be locked up. From what I can tell, DM hasn't done much in his short lifetime to redeem himself, and his lawyer's posturing isn't helping him, either. Evil comes in all shapes, sizes and backgrounds.

You do realize there are 2 mods on the tim bosma FB page, both with the same initials. The PL that has been updating it is not the same PL that is the flight instructor. From my understanding the PL that is the flight instructor is part of tim Bosma's family. I am from the area.

Bringing this post forward for those who might have missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann