Canada - Laura Babcock, 23, Toronto, 26 June 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I ever went missing SB and you didn't come looking for me I would be so pizzed. Hack my accounts, setup a find elepher facebook, pull my phone records, do interviews and shout the fact that I am missing from the roof tops. And don't stop until you find out where I am and if I am safe. Iinformationind I am not safe, then find the perp - straight up - find the perp. That is what good friends would do. I see nothing wrong with SL's actions and from all accounts Laura's family is letting him keep the focus on finding Laura.

Oh, and yes, if you ever went missing SB, you would have no secrets left by the time we finished looking for you!

I absolutely agree, and in fact I am appalled by the fact that some of her so called 'friends' have information about her that they don't want to tell LE about simply to 'save face'. If i was missing for almost a year i don't care what i was involved with, if you're my true friend you damn well better be sharing that information with LE, it could be the key to finding me! And don't they understand the more media attention given to her the more pressure it puts on LE to investigate, and makes the public more aware of her case? If everybody sits on their hands and keeps quiet then it makes it look like nobody cares. Unbelievable.

Sounds like there may be an element of people being more worried about covering their own butts, otherwise why keep important info secret for so long?

I absolutely agree, and in fact I am appalled by the fact that some of her so called 'friends' have information about her that they don't want to tell LE about simply to 'save face'. If i was missing for almost a year i don't care what i was involved with, if you're my true friend you damn well better be sharing that information with LE, it could be the key to finding me! And don't they understand the more media attention given to her the more pressure it puts on LE to investigate, and makes the public more aware of her case? If everybody sits on their hands and keeps quiet then it makes it look like nobody cares. Unbelievable.

Any and all information whether the friends think it is big or small should be shared with LE to find Laura. Holding back information is not going to help find her. If LE is given the information, they could at least build a profile for Laura and have a starting point of sorts. Call the information into the tip line and you don't have to even leave your contact information.

Thankfully LE is now taking a look at this instead of just assuming she ran away. The friends that have information need to grow some brass b@lls and provide what they know to LE. And keep the pressure on LE to actually find her.

Any and all information whether the friends think it is big or small should be shared with LE to find Laura. Holding back information is not going to help find her. If LE is given the information, they could at least build a profile for Laura and have a starting point of sorts. Call the information into the tip line and you don't have to even leave your contact information.

Thankfully LE is now taking a look at this instead of just assuming she ran away. The friends that have information need to grow some brass b@lls and provide what they know to LE. And keep the pressure on LE to actually find her.

:banghead: reading the "friends" talking over at the FB page :banghead:

Regardless what Laura was feeling, using or doing when she went missing DELLEN MILLARD is now connected to her... Perhaps Dellen Millard took advantage of your friend Laura when she was at a vulnerable stage in her life.. LE needs to know evrythingmabout Laura they can possibly gather... You (her friends) are asking the LE to help find Laura, yet you are giving them half-hearted answers.. Withholding information, becaue Laura might look bad int he eyes of the public?? I am sorry, but, give your heads a shake...

This post is to no one in particular...

He also said he confronted DM who admitted he'd been part of this flurry of phone calls and also admitted he'd been supplying LB with cocaine for months. Unnamed other friends also concur that LB had fallen in with a "bad crowd" since splitting with the bf 6 months earlier. Other persons close to her mention she was very depressed and had left her parents home shortly before her disappearance. There was a suggestion she'd had some experience as an exotic dancer and somebody else said she and friend were off to Las Vegas to find work. Somebody, (the old bf?) said she hadn't used her CCs, tapped into bank acct or been in touch with friends or family since the flurry of standalone calls to DM in July. Her family did not apparently consider it necessary to report her absence to LE. It should be noted there are probably lots of reasons one might choose to disappear, especially if deciding to take up a new life in LV and particularly if you wanted to finally ditch that old BF who has even been keeping track of your phone calls. Just sayin'. (I haven't supplied links to all this info because each item has been previously noted on these threads.)
There's been a lot of talk about DM supplying LB with cocaine for months. It appears though, that different stories were told to different reporters. In other reports, SL states that DM said she was looking for drugs and a place to stay and that he hadn't provided either.

After seeing the records, Mr. Millard told him “she was calling looking for drugs and a place to stay.” He told Mr. Lerner that he did not oblige either request.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/18/missing-woman-reportedly-contacted-murder-suspect-dellen-millard-before-her-disappearance/

In fairness to the friends, they were discussing withholding information from the press, not from LE.

Yes, you are right.

Why open a FB group called Help us find Laura.. Then not tell the public where she can possibly be? Stripping, crack house, mental institution, prostitution, ect ect.. It just makes no sense what-so-ever.. Not to give details of her life prior to her gone missing.. Point is.. Most likely Dellen Millard took advantage of lauras state of mind.. IMO

What was that state of mind.. The answer might show us what type of girls Dellen preyed upon

Just to clarify my post two above. It doesn't mean SL didn't say both. It may have been that DM said he had been supplying her for months, but didn't at the time she made those last phone calls. I just found it odd that the different press only posted one statement or the other. I haven't seen any that put the entire statement in, if that was the case.

Yes, you are right.

Why open a FB group called Help us find Laura.. Then not tell the public where she can possibly be? Stripping, crack house, mental institution, prostitution, ect ect.. It just makes no sense what-so-ever.. Not to give details of her life prior to her gone missing.. Point is.. Most likely Dellen Millard took advantage of lauras state of mind.. IMO

What was that state of mind.. The answer might show us what type of girls Dellen preyed upon

Maybe they're worried that those "tendencies" would lead people to think that she wasn't preyed on at all.

From the above link Honey posted:

Mr. Lerner said police have recently interviewed him regarding Ms. Babcock’s disappearance, as well as several of Ms. Babcock’s friends. They have also noted the serial number of the iPad Mr. Lerner lent to the woman.

Am wondering if they have an iPad to compare it to.

Maybe they're worried that those "tendencies" would lead people to think that she wasn't preyed on at all.

i understand that, but, I am sure the tendencies weren't to go out and get murdered (iF that is what happened) .. So what I am saying is regardless, her name is connected to the #1 murder suspect in this case.. Who the hexk cares what her tendencies may have been, when she may have been murdered by this guy?

From the above link Honey posted:

Am wondering if they have an iPad to compare it to.

They may or may not have an iPad to compare it to but what is truly unfortunate and truly inexcusable is that way back in July of last year right after LB disappeared her boyfriend asked Toronto Police to get a subpoena so that Roger's could trace the location and usage of the iPad. Toronto Police did NOTHING with this request! If you read FB account the boyfriend - desperate for help - appealed to any hackers who would know how to trace the iPad.

I don't know how the family of LB feels right now about the response from Toronto Police but if I was them I would be DEMANDING that the inspector involved - Sgt Stephen Woodhouse be fired! In any other line of work anyone who screwed up so horribly in their job would be fired in a second. Of course this will never happen. According to msm reports Sgt Woodhouse is in "another position". Probably got a big promotion for screwing up! That's how it seems to work at TPS! A former head of homicide who was a miserable failure in that position was promoted to deputy Chief!

Yes but apparently she was not in the relationship any more and was having a some kind of relationship with DM.

Which creates a jealousy motive for both killing LB and framing DM.

I am not at all making an accusation against SL with this line of thinking, I just like to see every question asked and answered, and hope LE is exploring this angle too.

Wow, it sounds like DM is being framed by everyone he ever came in contact with! This has got to be the unluckiest guy in the world.:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

They may or may not have an iPad to compare it to but what is truly unfortunate and truly inexcusable is that way back in July of last year right after LB disappeared her boyfriend asked Toronto Police to get a subpoena so that Roger's could trace the location and usage of the iPad. Toronto Police did NOTHING with this request! If you read FB account the boyfriend - desperate for help - appealed to any hackers who would know how to trace the iPad.

I don't know how the family of LB feels right now about the response from Toronto Police but if I was them I would be DEMANDING that the inspector involved - Sgt Stephen Woodhouse be fired! In any other line of work anyone who screwed up so horribly in their job would be fired in a second. Of course this will never happen. According to msm reports Sgt Woodhouse is in "another position". Probably got a big promotion for screwing up! That's how it seems to work at TPS! A former head of homicide who was a miserable failure in that position was promoted to deputy Chief!

I know you're really mad at the TP right now, and I haven't seen a lot of things to recommend them so far, but I have to say again the same thing I say to all your posts like the above: we know her EX-boyfriend approached LE. We know he was mostly turned away due to not being family.

But did her family themselves push the matter? To me this seems a very important question before we decide to crucify someone's LE career in the court of public opinion.

So far her family isn't talking, and all online "missing" efforts were created by her friends. One of the main non-Facebook ones didn't even go up until she'd been missing for months. I would imagine LE everywhere has to prioritize missing-persons cases, and weigh in the balance whether they met with foul play or just took off, and when all they really had was a guy who presents to some as a jealous ex, I, just can't toss them under the bus yet.

Family of Laura Babcock speaks out

A family member of a missing 23-year-old Toronto woman said she was friends with the man accused in the death of Tim Bosma.

Laura Babcock’s brother Brent confirmed to CityNews that his sister knew Dellen Millard.

“She was like his friend. He would invite her to parties, and she loved parties,” he explained. “He picked her up at various time to go to events with her.”

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/05/17/family-says-missing-toronto-woman-knew-dellen-millard/

This might seem like a weird question, but where is her dog? Did she arrange to have someone watch it? I cant see someone just leaving their dog unless she had to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo