Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willmott is ecstatic....Jodi is ecstatic. She's yukking it up with the deputy.

Just when you think your heart can't be broken any more!

Can somebody please explain, if the alternates are automatically assigned to the new jury, and thier role?

I missed the instruction that was read by the judge ... Anyone know what tips she offered up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They only asked the question. There's still hope that they can sway those one or two jurors. This is crazy, but not shocking. Deciding someone's fate is a tremendously heavy burden.

They do not want her blood on their hands...at least one of them anyway. Someone wants to leave it to someone else to decide.

Then they should not have been on the jury. They stated they could give the DP, now they can't?:steamed::banghead:

OK if we get a new jury how much of the penalty phase do we have to redo? Just yesterdays mess?

Page all screwed up right now. Completely confused about this. If they can not come to a unanimous decision they will need a new jury? How will that all work? How can they find 12 new AZ citizens who have not heard any of this case or heard the murderer speak in her interviews? Not to mention if these new people were to be taken seriously they would have to hear all of the evidence in the courtroom. If that is how it is then this is beyond stupid. Hung jury should mean judge gets to decide what life sentence she gets.

Storm has moved on and left behind this wreck of a trial. My heart is breaking for the Alexander family!!!

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 58s
Just spoke w/Juan Martinez. Asked him how he felt. Told me"feels good." Wouldn't comment on chances he gets his verdict. #JodiArias #FOX10

How could they be hung they've agreed on everything else .. were they seriously swayed by the stupid powerpoint presentation?

I don't think so. I think they have seen too much cray-cray -- there are a couple that are convinced she is so far gone that they don't think death is reasonable -- just my opinion.

I actually think that a new jury, having much less exposure to her cray-cray, would be much more likely to vote death based on the obvious facts in the case.

She poisoned a potential new jury pool last night should one need to be empaneled.

100% this.

It's a whole different thing sentencing someone to death. A few may have the thought process that she's young and it's a greater penalty for her to serve the rest of her long life ahead in solitude.

Exactly. I would much rather she gets death just due to solitary. But if she gets no parole...I don't really mind if she is the queen of 4 white walls. The really bad part is that she will probably give 100000 interviews

This jury has been in this so long, worked so hard. How can they possibly let it all go down the drain?

I knew it was too good to be true. Just one more step and they couldn't do it...or one of them couldn't

If they give CMJA life without parole, she'll probably kill again in prison and then they'll have to give her the DP anyway. Or maybe she'll end up like Dahmer. It won't be pretty, either way.

But I am SO disappointed in this jury. I can't figure out how they could come back with murder in the first with extreme cruelty, and NOT agree on a sentence! Just does not make sense.

Didn't 5 of them not agree that it was felony murder?

Then they should not have been on the jury. They stated they could give the DP, now they can't?:steamed::banghead:

I agree this realy bothers me they should have been honest from the onset of Voir Dior

Oh, please, please, please get it together, Jury! PLEASE!

You know what folks? I"m jsut glad the one that are for death are not caving in. They could have caved in and given life, but it seems they are holding tight.

My opinion too....tears. I just cannot believe after alll that she's done...it comes to this. If there is a new jury for sentencing, I want Juan to go at her full force in this phase....show the interviews...show those DA** interviews she just did. SHOW THEM JUAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eeeaaaand it makes so much more sense now why the murderer has been doing her media tour. If she gets a hung jury she gets exactly what she wanted.

I'm behind on posts...so not sure if someone has brought this up or not...

If this jury stays deadlocked, after all of CMJA's interviews last night, how are they EVER going to find another jury to decide.

I think this was calculated on her part...to do the interviews just in case something like this happened!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member