Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not hear the judge read the question out loud.....what was the exact question??

I don't think it's a matter of being dishonest, I would imagine the power to take someone's life is a huge burden when the time actually comes.

I've posted here behind my iPad... pro DP.., its not a burden I would want. It's easy to say it from where I am sitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the holdout(s)? are reluctant to go with Death for reasons that have little to nothing to do with Jodi. It's so personal. Unless someone saw one of her interviews last night and they decided she is batchit crazy and they can't kill her.

We could have it all wrong what is the entire group wants DP and there is one or two for Life

I would bet there is only one or teo holdouts for life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I'm from Canada and following this online. So the jury was hung on the death penalty so she gets life in prison? This doesn't mean a mistrial right? In Canada, I think it qualifies as a mistrial so thats why I'm confused. Thanks!

She poisoned a potential new jury pool last night should one need to be empaneled.

Yes, that's right, and wouldn't she have known that and is that why she was so hellbent on assembling the media right away? I have never criticized JSS but shouldn't she also have anticipated this potential problem???

Chris Hughes ‏
"I just prayed w/ #TravisAlexander family. My heart is breaking for them. Can this please be done already?? Pls get it right #JodiArias jury. It has been five years of torture for this family!"

Death penalty qualified does not mean they have to automatically vote death

I feel a tremendous amount of sympathy for this jury. What they've been through the last few months . . . . at least I had a mute button and you guys to talk with. They've had nobody. While I'm shocked and somewhat dismayed that they couldn't reach SOME verdict, I'm going to try and wait to see what happens.

They did reach a verdict, just happens to be split.

Shaking poms poms that the jury will come back with the right choice,,dp,,,fingers crossed and prayers to the Alexander family, hang in there, big squeeze hug for you all. After all this time,,aren't they death qualified jurors?

I am trying to be fair with Judge SS, but I don't care what's what - there is no way she should have lifted that ban until this trial was over. And now if the jury comes back with life I will be very angry. Sorry I am a fair person but the brutality of what CMJA did to Travis is something his family will never get over. Their only hope is if she was gone. Now she will have a celebrity status and give interviews and so forth. Poor them, I feel so bad for the ALexander family. I wish them strength.

*Hugs* DGC. Let's hang in there. Perhaps a shower of pixie dust will change their minds and they will vote death.

:seeya: Thanks Rose ... I am so upset and I just cannot even imagine how the Alexander Family feels !

God Bless Them !

:please: God Guide This Jury !

I would sooner a new jury be picked than this one come back with life in prison.

I agree but I HATE to have to see Travis's family go through any more of this.

Let them heal already! Please, God!

Sigh...Just saw that the jury cannot come to a unanimous decision. If they are hung, what happens?

:notgood:

I think if the split was small they wouldn't have come back that quickly. Like what I have said last night, some of them might be flat out anti DP and a few of them might not feel comfortable about taking a life.

It's easy for us to say whatever we want to say here. But once you're in that chair with power for life or death, your perspective will become different.

Not that I am saying we should spare JA. I would like to see her getting DP too. But we have to be realistic about the possibility that it may not happen.

A more likely scenario is that the jury will give her life and the judge rules without parole. That may not be perfect but at least it will spare Travis' family from further pains.

Please remember the Scott Peterson trial. It takes time. Yes I think a person said they would not vote for DP no matter what. But Jodi is not so smart. There are likely LOTS of folks who have seen all the interviews and will lie to get on a jury and put her to death if they have to empanel a jury for this phase. I wish they would, for the family's sake, give her LWOP so this would be over. This is breaking them financially, mentally, emotionally. And JA enjoys that.

Sherry Stephens was an AZ prosecutor for 20+ years. She is not pro-defense. Not a chance.

Not to mention...on that other "site" they hate JSS because they think she is too easy on Juan and never gives the DT a break...
its all in ones perspective.

They only asked the question. There's still hope that they can sway those one or two jurors. This is crazy, but not shocking. Deciding someone's fate is a tremendously heavy burden.

I agree to the heavy burden part to a degree but... no one but Jodi Arias is responsible for this decision. She acted with no mercy, she slaughtered a man trying to defend himself, trying to leave and get away. She lied about everything and is still not able to say she is sorry. She can't even say if she would have turned herself in if she had not been caught. This jury knows all of this. Their decision should be straight forward. One question perhaps they should ask themselves, what mercy should be given where mercy does not dwell ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member