Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, seriously don't you think this was a clarification question rather than saying they were actually hung. THINK about it, this jury has asked 100's of questions throughout this trial, why would they just throw in the towel so easily??? It really doesn't make sense...

Seems like it TX. It's the strangest thing for them to work so hard all along and come back with a 'we can't reach a verdict' in a matter of hours.

Folks the bolded part is the important part of the note from the jury-

“If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?”

It was signed by juror No.18.

@ this stage means at the time of the note they were locked. I don't believe that means they were going through the instructions.

I'll say one thing, if this jury really can't get to an unanimous verdict it's proof they aren't watching the news.

I'm so confused over whether or not they are really hung or not.

My guess is they were, hence reaction of alexander family :(

Any lawyers here offering insight?

Well, now I am just confused. I am not going to stress out over it though. Whatever is meant to be will be. I have to believe that at this point. We have her convicted and that's the most important thing.

cest la vie

Gross. Just saw a preview for Jodi's interview tonight on lifetime. I though she said the Alexander family would not have to see her ever again? So much for that...

I did not know about the alternate scenario that people are referring to... so you are saying if there is one hold out - they can remove that person and replace them with an alternate? I've NEVER heard of that before!

A juror can be replaced ONLY IF they fail to continue to deliberate. Meaning they say that's it I'm done I'm not willing to discuss anything anymore.

I kind of disagree with my friends on here who think that life would be a walk in the park for CMJA. Prison isn't jail. And guess what? After the sentence is meted out and the next big trial comes to town, CMJA won't be able to beg people to interview her. She will be a forgotten relic someplace. I hope that isn't what happens, but I have to live with the fact that BTK isn't on death row, so I can live with Jodi buried in a prison somewhere for the rest of my life, if I have to.

I did not know about the alternate scenario that people are referring to... so you are saying if there is one hold out - they can remove that person and replace them with an alternate? I've NEVER heard of that before!

No you can't replace a juror for being a holdout. They can only be removed for cause.

Originally posted by Totally Obsessed "I am thinking that society in general has become way to liberal minded to support the death penalty except for places like Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia. "Her life could be worth saving"..... yeah right.

If this crime, where the jurors all agreed was premeditated and heinous, does not warrant the death penalty, what does??????? "

:ditto: I call it the Dumbing Down of America. Core values and critical thinking skills have given way to politically-correct, touchy-feely tolerance.

Pffffft.

I do agree.

I do believe it is wine time here in the Land of Oz.

Agreed. Completely agreed. There were NO mitigation factors. None. You weigh that against the cruelty of the murder and there should be a verdict of death. Someone on that jury isn't comfortable with the DP.

I agree that someone in that jury favors LIFE over DEATH regardless. I think it's tough for all 12 jurors to reach an unanimous verdict of death if that's the case. But I also pretty sure someone in that jury votes for DEATH because of the nature of the murder and he/she will stick to it. Anyway, it's a tough decision to make and hopefully they will come back with the just verdict for the Alexander family. :please:

BBM

Jodi will soon learn that life in County Jail is a Country Club compared to life in Maximum Security PRISON.

Well she is a three holed wonder. ugh.

I can only imagine...or hope what it will be like for her!

Rose
PRAYERS FROM OUR LIPS TO GODS THRONE.
Absolutely! This has to be about Travis and justice. I don't see any change in her absolutely no remorse. I'm glad the guy from GMA. Didn't hold back with his questioning.
Did you see her horns sprout? She called him a hater ..and she wouldn't of ever given him an interview had she known he wouldn't thread lightly in her presence.

I think that is Jodi's MO. She is sweet acting and has the appearance of not being riled but all that effort turns her into a madwoman. She is very hateful and never takes the blame as we know so far. She will not acknowledge that anyone is thinking beyond her wonderful thoughts of herself. If They DO they pay big time. She will retaliate sooner than later to her own detriment. Only latter will she acknowledge she was pushed to the brink. Believe her or Not.
Please jurors, she needs the DP Or she will go on forever like this. Protect her from herself.......

I have an open suggestion to HLN: Quit the wall-to-wall JA coverage when NOTHING IS GOING ON.

We get the storyline-- JVM, CMJA laughing in court with lawyers, Jean C, CMJA media blitz, your "experts", *BREAKING NEWS*: Jury takes bathroom break, back to JVM, replay CMJA giggling and laughing with court deputy, back to Jean C, repeat, wash, recycle, rinse, repeat.

Seriously. We get it.

I'm pretty sure there are other news stories to cover. Maybe one or two. So step away from the JA coverage until something actually happens and bring us BREAKING NEWS when there's some news that breaks.

Thanks so much,

Lotus P. Print

Thank you Lotus P. Print, I would think that there are 100's of folks in Oklahoma who would love to get some coverage, be it looking for a pet, or still missing people from the storms. How about some feel-good stories of real life heroes helping in Oklahoma, tons of better coverage right there without getting political!!!

I hope the jury sees right through her "presentation" yesterday. So her hair donating, recycling, book club, language teaching, art, and whatever else should make up for stabbing someone, slashing their throat and shooting them in the face? And don't forget dragging him and then leaving him to rot in his own house. Please, she had no sincerity, no apologies, all about her and her family's suffering. She shed not one tear during the whole thing.

On a side note, my kids are driving me loco. I could use a good drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim