Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing one of her celebrity interviews, I firmly believe there was never any intent on doing any of the do-gooder plans anyway. She picked specific areas that she thought might tug on the heart strings of as many jurors as possible - and she pulled these right out of the air.

I'm surprised she didn't say, if approved, I will grow pot on the prison roof for shipment to Colorado for those who need it for medicinal purposes.

:laughcry: Good one! You got me laughing for sure. ...BBM

well, my prediction was wrong, unless it is taking Valerie a very long time to reach the judge...LOL

I just can't imagine a scenario where I am on this jury, we have already discussed this for 12 hours...and have already discussed much of this for many hours previous...

And I leave today and go home for a 4 day weekend only to come back next Tuesday and discuss it more...

I mean, discuss WHAT more? If you haven't gotten to an agreement at this point, what will a 4 day break and more discussion get you?

So this tells me...something happens this afternoon.

RIGHT??????????????????????

what's with all the jc bashing in here? she's an expert, a former attorney, and more often than not, her observations prove to be true. oh.....and another thing, i'd bet money beth k would agree with my assessment.

That would be an interesting bet!

Actually, the word "justice" does not appear anywhere in your original comment I took the time to quote below:

Just curious here...

Do you actually support the lying torture murderess?

Thank you for asking.

Obviously, being civilized, I don't support murder or think it should go unpunished. But I don't support state-sanctioned murder, either. I am anti-death penalty. I do support justice.

I don't agree with the hyperbole and rumour concerning Arias' unique pathologies or powers. She's not that special, though the media have made her so. And, I don't see evidence that she--or anyone else on trial--is "playing" the justice system. Taking advantage of one's legitimate rights is not playing or manipulating anything. That's where this conversation started.

IF this jury can't reach a verdict, i worry about a new jury. i just don't like that option and i feel like they'd be LESS prone to give her the DP because they haven't grown to loathe her over 5 months. they'd get a crash course in the case. the DA would make the ultimate decision, i believe----JM's boss. i just think it's risky.

Where would they find a new jury ANYWHERE that doesn't loathe her? Because of her own vanity she has plastered herself on every major news network. There aren't many people unaware of the girl that stabbed her ex-boyfriend 29 times. I think she dug her own grave with her narcissism!

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m

Breaking News: There is nothing noteworthy to report still. :p

CAN YOU GUYS KINDLY STOP BASHING JEAN CASAREZ! It's not funny and it's disrespectful.

i thought we were entitled to an opinion.............she didn't call her the dinosaur name:twocents::giggle:

I counted the woman making three errors/lies in one two hour segment! The woman is a drama queen and many people believe she doesn't belong on TV. The biggest one I can recall that caused HORRIBLE stress for many was her saying juror 18 was STOMPING down the hall all defiant and that the jury was deadlocked (during guilty phase). Then THREE others who saw the scene saw NO stomping or defiance. In fact, they saw that juror laughing with another juror. This is what JC does. And to me, she should be ashamed. I have no respect or use for her. Just my opinion.

Agreed. Hubby was even predicting how she would tell that story in another format! :floorlaugh:

I read frequently but (obviously) hardly ever post. Please be gentle.

A few questions:

1. It is my understanding that during jury selection in a death penalty trial the question that is asked is: "Could you vote for the death penalty?" As opposed to: "If you find this person guilty, you will vote for the death penalty." Is that correct?

2. It is also my understanding that this jury has unanimously found CMJA guilty of murder in the first degree, with extreme cruelty. So what they are discussing now is mitigating factors. The difference between life and death?

3. What are they allowed to consider as mitigating factors? Is it limited to age (she was old enough to know better), mental incapacity (I consider her a psychopath, not mentally ill) or other things. Did some members of the jury buy the DV and child abuse stuff? I didn't.

I'm wondering here about mitigating factors. I wonder what they are discussing, because, to me, someone (s) on that jury is seeing mitigating factors.

I do think this jury is doing their job properly, unlike the Pinellas 12 (MOO). They are at least considering the issues and asking questions. If they were not carefully considering and debating the issues before voting for the DP, then they would not be doing their job. Holding someone's life in your hands is a very important decision.

:goodpost:

The jurors must individually weigh aggravating vs. mitigating factors and arrive at their own conclusions.

And they are to consult with each other with a view toward reaching a unanimous consensus as the judge instructed.

CAN YOU GUYS KINDLY STOP BASHING JEAN CASAREZ! It's not funny and it's disrespectful.

Her overdramatic, inaccurate, overindulgent, nonfactual reporting is disrespectful and misleading for anyone getting reports from HLN.

I just can't imagine a scenario where I am on this jury, we have already discussed this for 12 hours...and have already discussed much of this for many hours previous...

And I leave today and go home for a 4 day weekend only to come back next Tuesday and discuss it more...

I mean, discuss WHAT more? If you haven't gotten to an agreement at this point, what will a 4 day break and more discussion get you?

So this tells me...something happens this afternoon.

RIGHT??????????????????????

I'm wondering too what more is there to discuss?

what's with all the jc bashing in here? she's an expert, a former attorney, and more often than not, her observations prove to be true. oh.....and another thing, i'd bet money beth k would agree with my assessment.

It's true, she IS an attorney...So she should know the risks in stating opinions about deliberating jurors, like body language or facial expressions...Then going on live TV to insinuate they're not getting along and things are going badly in their deliberations - when she does not know that at all.
She's also the one who threw a wrench into the trial so big it required her to take the stand.. She went on TV to talk about ~ NOT seeing ANY jurors ~ who did NOT see the prosecutor ~ signing a cane & standing for a picture.
And finally, she verbalized the same negative interpretations of jurors body language & facial expressions during the guilt / innocence deliberations, and was dead wrong. It's not productive, helpful or necessary in any way, and it causes needless anxiety and pain for the family...Yes, she's an attorney, and should be well familiar with how difficult this already is for them, and she's adding to their pain by always pontificating about how badly things are going for the state and the victims family. It's always one way; never ever does she "opine" that they look united, or even ambiguous...It's always a 'sky is falling' report from her..jmo..

No, I KNOW what she looks like NOW....I wanted to see her in 25 years......:floorlaugh:

Also, did Jodi trace herself a law degree? She looks like Evil Barbie Lawyer. I want to thwack her right on the forehead.

Brutal!

So folks, what's your prediction:

1. Verdict today? YES/NO
2. DP/Life

Verdict today - Sadly, I don't think so at this point. I hope I'm wrong. I really don't want to be thinking about this over the holiday weekend!

DP - still holding out hope in this jury. They haven't failed us yet!

perhaps they mean nothing to you, but that is not the same as her observations being inaccurate. in fact, BIG, HUGE difference.

I meant they mean nothing as in "they really aren't happening". Half or more of the things JC says, no one else seems to see. She is looking for things that aren't there. :)

And as I stated previously, just MHOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members