Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I strongly disagree.

Me too. As angry as I am I would not compare this jury to Casey Anthonys. Casey WALKED. Justice was fully DENIED. Jodi was CONVICTED and she will NOT WALK. So anyone saying that this jury is like Florida is totally full of it imo.

I feel awful for the Alexanders, they deserved and needed closure and now it just drags on and on.. God help them. :(

Beth Karas says she has thought Juror #16 has been apart from the other jurors from the beginning, she answered very meekly if this decision was hers while all the other Jurors answered forcefully- and is sure this is the holdout....

why we are upset but I think ALOT of people here are forgetting something very important, SHE'S STILL CONVICTED OF 1ST DEGREE MURDER.

In some states, without the DP as an option, this is a huge win. We should still be celebrating. She's not walking free, she's a convicted felon. This jury did everything they could, we should be thanking them, not cursing them. I'm a little shocked at some of these responses...

Not upset with the jury. It's the system. And the judge!!! She kept back evidence that JM could have provided. No reason to celebrate here. I am all for LWOP but we didn't get that either. All we got was a hung jury with no jurors out there to be found who haven't heard of JA. What comes next will be LOTS of interviews, books, tv shows and life with parole probably.

Yeah. She is a convicted murderer. Tell HER that.

why we are upset but I think ALOT of people here are forgetting something very important, SHE'S STILL CONVICTED OF 1ST DEGREE MURDER.

In some states, without the DP as an option, this is a huge win. We should still be celebrating. She's not walking free, she's a convicted felon. This jury did everything they could, we should be thanking them, not cursing them. I'm a little shocked at some of these responses...

I totally agree. Even if she doesn't get the DP, I don't believe she will ever walk free again. This jury did a good job.

I can't hold it against them. They did well so far. I feel like the Alexanders will break.

Beth thinks #16 has a story to tell. She was the one standing off by herself at lunch looking not so happy and during the reading she seemed different. Just meekly said yes.

We have jurors saying sorry to the family.

1 hold out. I think it's 1 hold out.... but I'd love to know

Please do not berate this jury. They had good heads on their shoulders, and reviewed all the evidence. Just because they could not agree does not mean they are the "Maricopa 12" -- they in no way should be though of like that OTHER jury in Florida.

We don't know if there was just one person who disagreed with the rest, or several. Heck, they could have been half-and-half.

I wish they had come to a verdict, even if they had to decide Life insead of Death. But I am not them. And I respect their decision. No matter how many hours you are in deliberations, if you can't see eye to eye, you just can't. 10 hours won't change that. 20 won't. Neither will 30.

Prayers for the Alexander family. Jodi will be free to blab her mouth off now, but she will never ever be really free. Just remember that. She will never leave prison.

One juror mouthed "I'm sorry" to the Alexander family.

I can't believe they have to endure this again.

Just awful......

Beth says a jury polled #16 has a story to tell...the one Jean reported defiant at lunch
Beth says 16's response to jury polling was meek, unlike the others

Beth K is adamant that juror #16 is the hold out.

I'm so very disappointed!

HLN shows JA with her hand covering her mouth. IMO because she is smiling and is trying to hide her glee!

So disappointed.....

I can't even deal with this trial anymore. This is unbelievable.

I can deal because this b**** was still convicted of premeditated murder in the first degree.
And if she doesn't get the death penalty, she will still rot in prison for the rest of her miserable life.

:stormingmad:

A la our court watchers:
"16.Maureen-Red haired, glasses (the red might be too red to be a natural ginger) If I had to guess one Mormon on the jury, it would be her.
I called her The Secretary. She took a lot of notes and had a "polished" look to her. She had her whole body turned facing Jodi. I barely saw her look at JM. She was the only one that really made me feel nervous at all."

Kathy Monkman ‏@katiecoolady 3m
Dig deep people. Surround the #AlexanderFamily in light right now. Send strength. Do it now.

Beth Karas says she has thought Juror #16 has been apart from the other jurors from the beginning, she answered very meekly if this decision was hers while all the other Jurors answered forcefully- and is sure this is the holdout....

I am confused. Thought 16 was the wrestler.

I say bring it on too! They will know much more than this jury!

Amen, sister!!!!! AMEN!

They will have a lot more info about little miss CFJA!!! And it won't be good! I'm just thankful that this jury convicted her of PRE-MEDITATED Murder!

I'm not going to criticize the entire jury!!!! It could have been one hold out, people. We won't know until they talk. They gave 5 months of their life! Please don't be so critical. I know this sucks, but these are real humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member