Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remember its not the WHOLE jury....at least we know there was 1 (or more) who would not bow down to others who wanted to give her life...good for them!

The DP this fall, will be better than LWOP. My heart is broken though. For those that can, we need to keep donating to the TA fund so the family can be there.

The family wants death, I'm glad they hung rather than settle for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are no words for the pain this has caused the family.

Didn't it sound like the clerk was about to say sentenced to Death Penalty but then stopped herself? Even she knows JA should get the DP

I only got 2 screen shots

#1 No unanimous agreement

#2 Juan not happy

Attachments

• Decision no verdict.jpg
    Decision no verdict.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Decision Juan not happy.jpg
    Decision Juan not happy.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 91
Report on HLN right now from a courtroom observer:

One of the jurors mouthed "I'm sorry" to the Alexander family after confirming the verdict.

I'm amazed the judge didn't send them back again, or ask them to go home for the weekend and try again next week. Whatever was going on in that jury room must have been really bad. Now that the admonition has been lifted, I hope we'll hear what happened.

Unbelievable and devastating... no words. My heart breaks all over again for the Alexander family.

Noticed Wilmott's smirk when "No unanimous agreement" read!

Maybe she is shocked that some on the jury were willing to sentence her to death? She thought she had won them ALL over with the t shirt.

I think that is more than some who called for the DP. I'll go out on limb and say that the majority wanted Death with only one or two staunch holdouts. :moo:

Levi Page ‏@Levi_Page 1m
One juror mouthed the words "I'm sorry" to the family of #TravisAlexander according to @NancyGraceHLN

Beth thinks #16 has a story to tell. She was the one standing off by herself at lunch looking not so happy and during the reading she seemed different. Just meekly said yes.

We have jurors saying sorry to the family.

1 hold out. I think it's 1 hold out.... but I'd love to know
If there was one juror holding out couldn't they have asked for an alternate?

This wasn't easy for this jury.

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 1m

Some jurors crying as they left, mouthing "I'm so sorry."

My heart goes out first to the Alexander's and second to the jury. They sat through months of testimony and they did convict her of premeditated first-degree murder. Every one of them convicted her. There was probably one holdout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaVonD