Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
and very disappointed in a lot of these posts.

Do you think these jurors WANTED to have it end this way for the family? Go through this for almost 6 months and walk away unfinished. Obviously, a few people didn't agree. They did what they could. I'm disappointed in many of these posts and opinions on the jury.

Logging out now before I say something that gets me banned....

What a disappointment. But to attack this jury with absolutely NO INFORMATION AT ALL on what went on inside that room is, IMHO, totally unfair. And very ugly.

Couldn't agree more.

We simply don't know what went on in there. It could have been 11-1, 7-5, we just don't know. It could even have come down to something as simple as her getting in that bit about 'witness intimidation' of her friend and her 9 year old daughter. The jury were expecting to hear two mitigation witnesses. None spoke. They were just told they were unavailable, and then Jodi sews the seed of doubt in one juror's mind about 'death threats' and the court of public opinion.

These jurors unanimously found her guilty. They unanimously found her guilty of cruelty. But clearly for one or more of them ... the DP wasn't tenable on this occasion.

On the other hand .. they didn't come back with 'life' either - which has to be a disappointment for Jodi and the defence. A hung jury is not the victory for the defence that some are claiming. It's sending the message that there were enough of them in that jury room who wanted to see her die and weren't willing to compromise under any circumstances. To fall back on 'life' would have been so easy to do, and clearly there were those in that room who weren't willing to do that, no matter what.

So knocking the jury at this point in time is unfair. We should wait and hear what they have to say.

I know that Juan is a professional. I know that he has done this job 30 years. His face still broke my heart. He looked absolutely crushed. I'm certain Det. Flores is also. Made me cry for them too. He put his heart and soul into this, IMO. Whatever course this case takes now, I continue to trust him implicitly.

I think this will make him more determined.

Sick to my stomach and I'm gonna get away from the house for a bit. I need to go calm down, cry it out. My heart aches for the Alexander family and friends! CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!

Keep in mind while you don't like their lack of decision.. they've given up 6 months of their lives. God bless all the victims.

Exactly...they've given up 6 months of their lives to throw up their hands after 11 hours? I don't get it.

CMja has not WON
I refuse to compare this jury to the 12 in Florida.
The Alexanders are in pain, but they have asked for the Death Penalty.
The jurors have yet to speak and finding "Life" would have ultimately been in the hands of the Judge as far as LWP or LWOP.
The County Attorney, Bill Montgomery, has the opportunity to put it before his staff if a plea should be offered as far as "Life", or en-panel another jury.
She has been convicted of 1st degree murder.
This is not over.

I can't imagine the hell on earth the Alexanders are going through right now. And the hell they are about the embark on ALL OVER AGAIN.

Does anyone think this process is just going to start up again like normal? Like the next status hearing is going to be scheduled and they're going to seat a new jury and that's going to go well and the penalty phase is going to go smoothly and CMJA is going to conduct herself like a normal CM and her lawyers are going to conduct themselves like professionals who have dignity and respect for the process?

NO.

This is another prime opportunity for CMJA to terrorize the Alexanders and to drag this whole damn thing out and for her to exploit and trash Travis and for motions to be filed and for trial dates to be postponed.
The Alexanders have to leave their children and families behind every weekend, have to hear about what happened to their beloved brother, have to see those photos, listen to the arguments, endure the waiting. This is cruel, to them. I fear for them.

Why do they have to present evidence again can they just replay court tapes of trail

This jury has NO reason to be embarrassed. They worked hard and they DID give us M1 with cruelty.

I personally thank them for doing their duty. They did their darnedest to bring justice for Travis.

They did. They left their own lives on hold for MONTHS. Whatever happened inside that jury room, I am sure they each acted in their best judgment. They just were not able to agree. I can't stone them to death.

How would you guys feel if Juan would offer a plea…judge give LWOP if he drops the DP?

I'm thinking this would give some relief to Travis' family. They shouldn't have to live in limbo until July then go thru this again. Plus, AZ taxpayers wouldn't have to foot the extra expense.

We already know LWOP won't be what Jodi thinks it will be. I mean…ROACHES in the cells?

I know I could be good with this. :twocents:

County Attorney will be weighing their options regarding what they will do with this case.

Re trial? I thought ONLY the penalty phase had to be redone.
Her CONVICTION does not stand?

Yes her conviction stands. At this point another jury will have to determine if she will get the DP. If they too are hung, then DP goes off the table and the judge decides LWOP or LWP.

You know what, I think this is okay--certainly not for the Alexanders and I will continue to donate and I hope they can seek guidance if they decide (although it sounded to me by Judge's statement that it has been) to continue on this journey. Please bear with me...there were so many things that happened and was said in those interviews of Convicted Murderer Inmate Arias that is damning to her.

She did not win today, she only received a postponement of the inevitable.

I will continue to donate also

She was probably crying ause the sheriff won't let her do more interviews.

This is such a travesty. But I want to thank all the jurors who voted for the DP and held their ground. As for the hold-out(s)... deleted

I agree. I'm not upset with the entire jury. I'm just afraid that some (one or more) bought into her domestic violence lie somewhat. A death penalty would have sent a clear message that no one believed it. As someone currently in a true DV situation that I cannot escape, I am livid. :stormingmad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes