Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care if Jodi gets the DP or LWOP. The main thing is she will NEVER NEVER NEVER get out of prison and as long as she is not walking on the same soil I am, I'm perfectly happy.

Even in the worst case scenarios:

This Judge will give her life without parole

Even with parole JA would have to confess to murdering Travis in cold blood and express remorse in order to be set out. She'll never do that like Diane Downs...

I seem to remember reading Juan said after verdict he would give a statement so I wonder if he will give us one anyway?

No .. I don't think so as that wasn't a verdict .. so dying to hear from him!

I am disappointed too..BUT....This jury did all it had...they convicted her of first degree premeditated murder AND cruelty......Juan will do what the family wants...The justice system and this jury did its job....for now. These jurors imo are heroic, hanging in 5 months. I shall await their media conference after they have rested and possibly reviewed all the JA "crap" they missed.....No judgment here..

I politely disagree because a lot could go wrong now. There has been no decision made on her sentence, so a lot could go wrong now. For instance, a plea deal may be started so that the family doesnt have to suffer through any more of this nonsense.

Also, if another jury ever hears the case , there is no way they are going to appreciate the evilness of Jodi like this jury did. Therefore, the odds of them giving her DP is much lower than with this jury.

I wish they would have kept trying. I think they gave up too early for the HOLIDAY. Ugggggg

That's the part I worry about, right there. I find it hard to believe another jury who gets the short version can do better, but some people seem to think so.

Hehehehe...sucks to be her!!! 23 hours a day on lockdown--and no limelight at all!! I hope some of you at least get comfort from that. She is a CONVICTED FELON!!

Highest sentence that a murderer could get over here is 30 years.
It was 25.
JA will be on lockdown for minimal 8 weeks and then LWOP or DP: rock and a hard place? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I think a few of the jurors will speak out soon. I don't think they want people to think the worst.

I'll try to ask one of my questions more succinctly:

If the case is re-tried for the DP, would that set CMFA up for an even stronger appeal and then possibly get to be a free citizen again?

There is no way she'll ever be free on appeal, I'm certain of that! The evidence against her was SO strong! There were no criticisms of the investigation or police work, nothing compromising any of that. She had more than a fair trial, and now will have two juries having a say in her verdicts. She'll never win an appeal, and will never be paroled if given LWP.

No matter what her ultimate punishment is... her life is over and her life will SUCK in prison.

I don't think JA should EVER be allowed to be in our society!
I think the jury is what it is! I will not fault them for doing their civic duty.

I think a BIG overhaul to our justice system is in order. If nothing else..if the prosecution can't argue no remorse, then the defense should NOT be able to tell the juror's "don't KILL my client". They can argue "don't give her the death penalty", but NOT, dont KILL her!

Winning= another shot at death or life in prison... that's pathetic. Go on with your bad self, JA.

Someone asked why the sudden change in heart by the sheriff when he decided no more interviews for JA. I don't know about Maricopa County but in our county the sheriff is an elected post. I wouldn't be surprised to find that he got a lot of backlash from allowing those interviews.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
MTE!

Imagine, if the State decides to get a new jury and move forward, and CMja does get the Death Penalty Sentence. Sounds like a sweet victory, but then she'll have appeals.

Natural Life with no appeals has people worried she'll be a prison diva, but who knows if that's worth a big expensive further battle.

The Jury did give us Justice by their Guilty Verdict of Murder in the 1st Degree.
Thank You for that, Jury.

I just want to apologise for my earlier guffaw of asking 'what is the significance of that date' in reference to june 4th.

I extremely stupid and embarrassed

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

Their "emotions" were to be LEFT AT THE DOOR of the deliberation room entrance right? The jury instructions were to weigh the aggravating factors against the mitigating factors and emotions and morals were NOT to be part of their decision making process right?

I have a prediction: It's going to be death. It will be a new jury. One who hasn't spent months "getting to know" jodi arias.

Will this next phase move along quite quickly or will it be years before the trial resumes? Thank you for any answer.

someone posted that JA is now in her cell for 23 hours/day and no more interviews.....did something change because the other night Sheriff Arpaio sad he has open door policy and inmates can give interviews...I wonder if anyone can explain? tia

No!! There is always an automatic appeal with the DP...JSS was IMO overly cautious to ensure there were no grounds for other appeals. I kinda bet she wishes she had no been so overly cautious.
I don't think a "no unanimous" decision in the penalty phase would make the Judge re-think being "overly cautious" (your words). When all is said and done, Jodi would receive an automatic appeal of her conviction whether she receives a death sentence or a life sentence. Ergo, all the Judge's decisions throughout the course of the trial are subject to scrutiny regardless of today's non-verdict.

I just believe that someone bought the DT mitigation. In retrospect, I think they played that very well. I don't think that the difference between mental illness and BPD was explained enough. You have to admit that CKja's little show was nuts. The things she said, book club comes to mind. Someone could have thought she was mentally ill, almost child like. That and no witnesses, especially her family appeared to be neglect. We all know better but they did not. They really did not get to see the REAL JA as we have.

Someone could not go with DP for a mentally ill, abandoned person. I cannot fault them for that, that was what was presented to them and they bought it. (I only think there were 1 maybe 2)

IMO, they followed the law. Not their fault that the DT was very underhanded and lied just as well as their client. Something needs to be done about that!

BBM.

Fully Agreed with bolded part. I think in next phase, Juan needs to emphasize that just because she might have a personality disorder or not, she WAS NOT DECLARED LEGALLY INSANE BY THE COURT, AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS.

someone posted that JA is now in her cell for 23 hours/day and no more interviews.....did something change because the other night Sheriff Arpaio sad he has open door policy and inmates can give interviews...I wonder if anyone can explain? tia

Yes, Sheriff Joe posted on Twitter that she will be in her cell 23 hours a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiphasGrace