Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
MHO is that LWOP parole is an appropriate sentence for Jodi Arias. The murder was heinous and brutal, but when I think of the death penalty I think of murder for profit, murder of a child, serial killing etc... Nothing that Travis did to Jodi (continuing to have sex with her while having no intention of taking the relationship any further) merited her stalking him, let alone killing him, and he obviously didn't realize how sick and disordered she was or he wouldn't have taken the risk (one assumes), but many people apparently tried to warn him that he was playing with fire and he didn't stop, and those people didn't even know that he was in a sexual relationship with her (unless Chris and Sky Hughes know more than they let on on TV).

Travis was a person like any other, not a saint, seemingly a very nice guy with a good life ahead of him, but he did use a pretty girl for sex, whether or not she encouraged him, and that isn't terribly nice in anyone's book. They exchanged 85,000 communications, I don't think it would be ridiculous to suggest that the dysfunctional relationship between them was two-sided.

Dr. Drew talked on one show about how borderlines and larger-than-life, confident personalities like Travis can have this crazy, unhealthy attraction to one another that is ultimately destructive to both of them and I think that's what this was. I think that Jodi genuinely felt that she would never, ever have any kind of peace of mind while Travis still existed, and unfortunately she decided that meant killing him rather than herself because of her narcissistic or sociopathic qualities. She is nuts.

I completely understand that Travis's family have never seen the side of him that was crazily attracted to a Jodi and cannot believe it of him but hell, when I think of the most shocking and dysfunctional sides of my own or anyone else's personality my family would certainly never see it, it would be reserved for my own dark introspection and maybe the person I was intimately involved with.

BBM- IMHO, it had nothing to do with JA's peace of mind. Bottom line with a sociopath, he didn't do what she wanted him to do. Period.

http://m.insideedition.com/?redirurl=/headlines/6389-jodi-ariass-juror-opens-up-about-trial

Jury foreman wants to reach out to Arias and ask her what really happened. He doesn't get it, does he. She'll never tell the truth. She's utterly incapable of honesty. And if he doesn't see that now, then she did a fantastic sell job on him, and he is naive and painfully unaware of what this woman is all about. JMO

Don't we all want to know what really happened though? We still aren't 100% sure what went down regarding the texts on May 26. We don't have the whole story either. We don't know if she broke into this house that day, or if she called and he let her in. The prosecution doesn't even know what led up to it, we just know it happened.

I think he's just saying he would like to know the truth, as would we all. I highly doubt he really expects her to be honest.

Does anyone else feel the foreman influenced the jurors? Listening to him today made e think he wanted life. Also was it 7/5 about felony murder? I know all 12 said first degree. I just remember someone on HLN saying they thought the 7/5 for felony murder was so they would say life? not death. I guess only the jurors really know.

I feel so bad for Travis's family. I hope that it doesn't go like I think Chis Hughes said if they get new attorneys it could be drawn out a long while since they need caught up on the case. I hope it ends in July. Wish sooner but won't be.

Also curious what nickname did we have for the foreman guy? Just curious if I see it.

"I do believe that she was emotionally and verbally abused." Said Zevakos
He said he'll never forget the moment the guilty verdict was delivered.
Zevakos recalled, "I had vowed that I wasn't going to look at her but I did and seeing her face when that verdict was read, I will remember forever."

And get this, he says he would actually like to reach out to Arias.
Boyd asked, "What would you say to Arias if you had a moment with her?"
Zevakos replied, "Yeah, I'd really like to talk to Jodi. But I'd like to ask her the questions that everybody wants to ask her. What really happened?"

http://m.insideedition.com/?redirurl=/headlines/6389-jodi-ariass-juror-opens-up-about-trial

I just saw a post on FB where inside editione talks to the Forman and he said " I want to talk to Jodi and ask her what really happened?" OMG I Am:stormingmad::stormingmad:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAH.. OMigosh. That is too funny. Oh gee. WHY WHY WHY was THIS guy the foreman????? Could they not find someone on that whole jury who was a better leader???? Omigosh. No wonder that lady Jean C was talking about was standing with her arms crossed and looking definant...if she was one of the ones with common sense, she must have been banging her head on the wall in that room haivng to deal with this guy.

This is MOO, but I think he is one of those guys who just fell for Jodi. He just did. I'm sorry, that is what happened. Subconciously or not, those sex tapes and all that sex stuff with her got to him. I really really think that's what happened. Those naked pics, her voice on the sex tape...alll that stuff, and it was probaby subconcious and he didn't even realize it.

I think the media is trying to whip up a frenzy of hatred towards the jury, and I don't like it. This article is a good example of that.

And get this, he says he would actually like to reach out to Arias.

Boyd asked, "What would you say to Arias if you had a moment with her?"
Zevakos replied, "Yeah, I'd really like to talk to Jodi. But I'd like to ask her the questions that everybody wants to ask her. What really happened?"

No, he doesn't say he'd like to 'reach out' to Arias, he says he'd like to ask her the same questions we'd all like to ask.

Let's not get sucked into this here, 12 people found murder 1, 12 people found aggravation proved, they just split on LWOP or DP .. they're good people, and justice is still coming for Jodi JMO.

I think the BPD meant Jodi reacted differently and stronger to rejection than someone who doesn't have BPD, rejection caused her acute distress, she displayed examples of that for a long time before the murder .. all of us have asked why Travis kept seeing her once she started displaying her poor coping skills, but that's not to blame him, as he clearly didn't see it for what it is .. but it did make the situation worse .. now this is not enough to give her anything less than murder 1, it's not enough to take away from the aggravating factors, but I think it's enough for mitigation and give someone LWOP.

Saying that, big problem in Arizona .. Jury cannot say LWOP, that's left to the judge, I'll not be surprised if many on the jury thought JSS might be soft and give JA LWP, which may have also played a part.

It's not like she didn't know she had a problem! Her friends were calling her mom about it! Others had said something to her about it. She is a grown woman. Was a grown woman when she killed Travis. It was up to her to take care of her mental health!! Not his! Not her mom! Nobody else was responsible for this! This is so sad.....even in death, Travis will never be allowed to rest.

I'm completely disgusted! He talks about her having done a horrible thing?? What an understatement! Having an affair (for example) would be a 'horrible' thing. Butchering someone is just a 'horrible' thing? What? And he talked about the 'hate' she's getting? He really does sympathize with her and the family.

Why did he not talk about Travis? Mentioning his family (along side JA's family!) is ok but what about TRAVIS? Why not take the opportunity to say something good about him? About how sorry it is that his life was cut short? Is it normal to pity the criminal and not the victim??

My heart aches and my stomach burns!

I was feeling a little better until I just saw that interview with the foreman. Wow I have been saying for awhile I think they may have over thought this. Someone who is pure evil and vicious like JA is doesn't need a good reason to commit the savage act she did. She couldn't have him, so no one could -end of story. This is very upsetting to hear about. I would like to know what a foreman's job is? Do they just kind of preside over the deliberations and make sure the paper work is filled in or do they have any control? I am trying to stay openminded about this jury and foreman, but a lot of things he said really troubled me not the least of when he was calling them 'his jury.'

Ya know, I didn't listen to the end. What did she say?

Once she thinks the cameras are off she's normal, joking, smiling, and says something like 'that was gooooood' .. she was trying to come off as scary in the interview IMO.

Good afternoon/evening everyone! I would first like to apologize to anyone i may have offended with my couple of post verdict/non verdict comments last night. Having done some yoga & meditating, i feel much better about things...........err...umm a little. anyhoo
tha'ts all. love you guys!!

Being an idiot is not a crime.
I blame our education system.

I agree. Our education system has downgraded. It is really scary. The
idea of accepting responsiblity for your actions has been thrown out the window.

I just saw a post on FB where inside editione talks to the Forman and he said " I want to talk to Jodi and ask her what really happened?" OMG I Am:stormingmad::stormingmad:

OK...we can't call him names, right. :stormingmad:

He wants to be in the same room with a cold blooded murder, why?

Interview? Book deal? They must have bonded if he thinks Jodi will give them what she has given to no one. And obviously he did not believe Juan at all.

I just can't believe this.

Looks like he made SURE they did not deliberate.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAH.. OMigosh. That is too funny. Oh gee. WHY WHY WHY was THIS guy the foreman????? Could they not find someone on that whole jury who was a better leader???? Omigosh. No wonder that lady Jean C was talking about was standing with her arms crossed and looking definant...if she was one of the ones with common sense, she must have been banging her head on the wall in that room haivng to deal with this guy.

This is MOO, but I think he is one of those guys who just fell for Jodi. He just did. I'm sorry, that is what happened. Subconciously or not, those sex tapes and all that sex stuff with her got to him. I really really think that's what happened. Those naked pics, her voice on the sex tape...alll that stuff, and it was probaby subconcious and he didn't even realize it.

You were looking for the foreman interview clips. Here they are:

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2407451853001

http://www.azcentral.com/video/#/Ne...itness"/40280768001/35150280001/2407461515001

He needs to watch the video of the news guy that ask her that.

What did she call him, a hater? She said she already told everyone what really happen. Gosh I hope he sees that.

Heh heh, it's like that all the time. Gang mentality. You are only wise and smart if you think and act exactly like ME! :floorlaugh:

Only, it really isn't so funny.

I'm getting super pissed off being called a member of a gang.

I'm going for a long ride on my horse.

It's not like she didn't know she had a problem! Her friends were calling her mom about it! Others had said something to her about it. She is a grown woman. Was a grown woman when she killed Travis. It was up to her to take care of her mental health!! Not his! Not her mom! Nobody else was responsible for this! This is so sad.....even in death, Travis will never be allowed to rest.

Exactly. What happened to accountability? Everything is the mother or father's fault!

Don't we all want to know what really happened though? We still aren't 100% sure what went down regarding the texts on May 26. We don't have the whole story either. We don't know if she broke into this house that day, or if she called and he let her in. The prosecution doesn't even know what led up to it, we just know it happened.

I think he's just saying he would like to know the truth, as would we all. I highly doubt he really expects her to be honest.

Thank you for that different perspective on his words. I'm in such a negative place right now that I am seeing them through the prism of my own anger and disappointment for the Alexander family.

He ticked me off so much when he said he believed that TA was verbally and mentally abusive, that I read what he said as an extension of that, and with some glow of sympathy for the defendant.

Thanks for showing me another way to consider it!

Geeez, what happened to all of those "I just LOVE this jury" and "These jurors are SO smart" comments of about a week ago...? :facepalm:

The jury had #8 a few weeks ago and before that #5. Two alternates changed the dynamics. Dramatically. And the opportunity to judge the tenor via questions was no longer available.

But at the same time, they knew a verdict could be handed down at any given moment. They also knew they would be given 1 hours notice. So where's the logic in visiting a place that I've heard is 4 hours away?

I hate to say this... actually, no I don't: they knew that their chance to sightsee was coming to an end with the end of the trial. It was more important for them to be able to see the Grand Canyon (I'm guessing on someone else's dime) than it was to be in the courthouse. After all, their job as prop-family was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member