SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cheers: Great post!

3tuvvm.jpg

I work in the lovely state of Delaware. I was born and raised in the Bronx, in NYC. I am a scientist by trade. If there is ANYONE on the planet that tells it like it is, it is ME. I don't do subtlety, I don't do nicely-nicey, I don't know how to mince garlic, nor my words. It's the facts, ma'am, and just the plain old facts, you either like me, or you don't. I don't try to win hearts or minds, but I do expect people to be swayed by facts when I give them facts. That's me, who I am, to the core.

Having moved down here, to me, the "almost south", I had a very rude awakening. I was coached, my first year down here, on how to improve my performance at work. I needed to "soften" my approach. Say things like "it would be better if...." And "I think it is...." Instead if my usual, "do it like this it works better" or "you're wrong, it is like this.."
In any case, I get Juan, and I cheer him at times when I am angry at JA. But that approach, like my approach, does turn off some people. And in his case it may bring out the protectiveness in the protective type older men with daughters. Another thing about Martinez's approach, it gave me agitata to listen to for long stretches, and I would find I would just end up tuning it out, spacing out, and having to read what I had missed on WS. The jurors can't go back and read WS - so if they tune out for a while, they miss it, period.
For those of you who watch the TH on HLN, we heard, over and over, that The defense kept JA on the stand for days and days so that jurors would form a bond with JA. The jurors didn't come into watching the trial preloaded with hate for her like most of us did. So they may have bonded a little, even before Martinez got her on cross. They didn't know what we knew before he crossed on her. And it may have worked well enough to make 4 jurors not able to give her the death penalty.

Anyhow, possible lessons to be learned going forward. I don't dislike Martinez, nor his style, all the time. I do think he should become more judicious at using it, and he would become more effective. JMO. I am a better manager now that I live in the almost south. I have learned how to be less direct when I need to be.

I had never seen this part of the 48 Hrs interview, from the reporter's viewpoint.

I knew she was shallow and vain and narcissistic but da. yum.

And from just this 3.5 minute video I can see how a sheltered guy like Travis did not stand a chance against her when she decided she wanted him. No, I don't believe he walked up to her and stuck out his hand. She was on HIM.

Just da. yum.

Meeting CMja

BBM

Associates of Travis who were there that night back up her story about their first meeting. After that, I don't know...

Yes, exactly. To me, it sounded like, and I think he even said, that he didn't think "they" (I guess meaning him) should have the burden b/w choosing life or death for someone. Well, that was their burden. I mean, it's obvious that he chose life, so why didn't he just admit it and say it? He could have just said, well I think her age and her lack of criminal history outweighed the crime that she committed. Why didn't he just say that instead of talking about the "burden"?

This is why following (obeying) the law is so important - It was the defense's burden to prove the mitigating factors outweighed the aggravators. Was this even discussed/debated in deliberations?

So is the AZCentral interview with Juror 6 at 10pm their time? Do you know when they will post the video, or is there a way to watch it live?

Midnite Central - Unfortunately, I will probably be here to see it...

BBM (bolded by me) - There are several of us here that think that was her premeditated attempt to make it "appear" that there must have been more than one person.

I concur! I believe that was the plan.

That and all of her comments about him being so big and strong ...that was version 1.0 when she wasn't there talking to Dect Flores. She was deliberately pointing toward more than one attacker. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see a lot if similarities between the Jodi foreman and Casey's foreman. And that's all I can say without getting a TO.

Me too! I am actually one of the ones who didn't follow CA trial day by day, but I tried to read about it online as it was going on. But I DID see the interview the Foreman did with Greta, and I also thought of him when I heard juror 18! Even though you couldn't see CA Foreman's face in the interview, the tone and arrogance were the same.

Like others have said, I think he volunteered for it.

Juror 6 q and a with Chris Williams

(there are just a few on twitter - more later - he is editing)

Was the 8-4 split male vs female?

No gender split.

What did they think about the gas cans?

Gas cans were key.

Did she notice how much JA was not paying attention... Doodling, writing, etc ?

They noticed and it seemed disingenuous

How does she think JM did? I loved him.

She was impressed.

How did she vote in the penalty phase and why?

She felt aggravators outweighed mitigators.

Is this paraphrased, cause there's only one aggravator?

Agree! Only thing worse... Listening to Nurmi drone on and on endlessly..while sniffing that finger of his! "Lets go back" arghhhh "anal anal anal" I thought I'd die from boredom

If I only had a dollar for every time he said 3-hole wonder....

Nope...but will they was more the question.
I wonder how much will be released at the conclusion of sentencing (it will end, right?) I'd like to read what went on in chambers re: ALV.

I wish we could see all the texts, chats, emails and phone records between those two.

If I only had a dollar for every time he said 3-hole wonder....

Nurmi worked really hard to inflame the jury on the sex angle...as far as I know... It was probably so boring no one even mentioned it came up in the jury room.

I couldn't one afternoon after their lunch break... I lost count at 28... time that Nurmi said anal.

BBM (bolded by me) - There are several of us here that think that was her premeditated attempt to make it "appear" that there must have been more than one person.

From the get-go i also felt the gun/knife combo was purposeful to make it look like two killers. I think she did her best to lead LE in that direction, and when it failed, she came up with the 2 ninja story to fit the evidence she herself had manufactured.
And when that failed, she changed her story again.
Just waiting to see what story she will come up with for an appeal. (Can just hear it now, "Bombshell tonite, Jodi presents new evidence to support her new claim to the appellate court!"):banghead:

I see a lot if similarities between the Jodi foreman and Casey's foreman. And that's all I can say without getting a TO.
Yup...and I just had this nagging feeling that I would NOT like what he had to say when I heard he had been interviewed so I stayed clear of it. But, from what I've read here...you couldn't be more right.

Is this paraphrased, cause there's only one aggravator?

Depends on how the question is framed.

Yes ... Just cruelty ... But the three different ways she killed him and all those stabs wounds ...

I just LOVE her broken finger

http://tinyurl.com/oqtla7b

It's still bent in that photograph. A trick of lighting makes it appear straight to an untrained eye, but look closely at the shadows and you'll see that it's bent.

Jodi wouldn't be so stupid to fake something like this. Too much of an effort and easily impeachable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ