SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tara Kelley ‏@tarakelley320 4m

Please watch juror 6's interview!!! She has a lot to say that you will all want to hear!!

OT, but would just like to let anyone interested know that there are some great movies on TCM. I have been watching all the old movies today and tonight. It is really a nice break from the JA trial. jmo

Good Idea, mck16! Just watched Goldfinger myself. Love my old James Bond movies.

Nurmi worked really hard to inflame the jury on the sex angle...as far as I know... It was probably so boring no one even mentioned it came up in the jury room.

I couldn't one afternoon after their lunch break... I lost count at 28... time that Nurmi said anal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He'd say it then stop then say, "Weeeeelll, let me ask you this ..." then say it again then stop then "Just a second, let's go back a step ..." and say it again.

And then, he'd make it into a 5 syllable word.

I don't want to hear anything ever again about that whole ... area.

CMja, for all her roundtheworld sex and bravado, has this naïveté that CA lacked. CA was smart but she knew she wasn't smarter than the prosecutor and that her story wouldn't hang together for 5 minutes.

But everything CMja knows about life has come from a tv show or movie.

Clearly, before that statement to the jury, she'd just watched some feel good prison movie on Lifetime with the plucky heroine sent to prison who soon wins the hearts of the hardened inmates by drafting their motions, teaching them to read and occasionally taking the blame for something stupid one of the inmates did which leads to an instant bond that lasts forever.

:rolleyes:

InAlandFarFarAway, you are so right. Since the hung jury, I have been trying to analyze things. I think we have to admit, that CMJA obviously has some mental problems. I mean, I think everyone in some sense agrees on that.

If Juan wanted to get the death penalty with this jury, he had to address that in mitigation. B/c I think this jury was so familiar with CMJA and her out-of-touch-with-reality-ness, that there is almost no explanation for it other than mental problem.

With the next jury, I have much better feeling b/c that jury will not have been used to CMJA, they will see her mostly from afar and for a shorter time period. I think the chances are much higher with the next jury.

She is SO out-of-touch with reality. Everything is a movie to her, even the planning of the murder looks like it's taken from a fiction movie. I mean, listening to her post-verdict interviews, it's obvious she is "not all there."

I have not followed a lot of cases like most of you all have. I'm interested to know how her mannerisms and psyche compare with other murderers and other murderers of extremely cruel and horrific crimes.

It's like, she knows what she's doing, but at the same time she doesn't. There are so many examples of this...for example, she thought everyone would believe her stories on the stand, and she DID NOT GET how obvious it was she was lying. When she's lying, like in her interrogation tapes, they are so stupid that it's like she doen't even realize how silly they come across. She says them like she believes people will actually seriously believe them. There are just sooooo many examples of this. Childlike and immature, just like DeMarte said. Also, the obvious lack of remorse and seeming lack of understanding of the gravity of what she's done.

I am not saying this excuses anything she has said or done. I loathe her and feel that she deserves the death penalty. BUT, in trying to think of how the jurors are going to think, we have to discuss this, because obvsiously it affected a few jurors. And some of them might feel that because seemingly she doesn't even undertsand the gravity of what she's done, that she's not all there, and thus how can they put someone to death who doesn't even realize the full effect of what she's done? And how does Juan go about addressing this?

I am sure Juan is putting together his strategy for next time. IMO, he needs to address this issue.

I wish we could see all the texts, chats, emails and phone records between those two.

You have to admit the state got the short end of the stick on the admission of a lot of evidence. I believe it would have painted a bigger picture. I don't think jodi is smart enough to be a hacker, but she had enough time to manipulate some.

If Travis kept his notecards I would like to see those. Not that I believe there are any big clues, but hey if we are going to treat her diary like the bible, why not compare the apples to oranges...

Rat indeed... I don't think I'm sleuthing...but it will be interesting to see why 5 was dismissed...

Juror #5 was dismissed - wasn't she the multi-colored hair woman that appeared in court one day? Wasn't she also an immigrant from Bosnia? Rumor was that when she saw photos of Travis's corpse, it reminded her of the Bosnian war? Not sure still why she got kicked off, but I am thinking the guy that may have been born in Greece is the one that got her kicked off.....Just a thought and MOO.

It was a very interesting read.

Interesting that she saw him nodding in agreement when the testimony was about how a child's emotional abuse will affect them, or could affect them, later in life as an adult. (Not verbatim).

---------

http://www.camillekimball.blogspot.com/2013/05/jury-foreman-for-jodi-arias-crime.html

Like most of his fellow jurors, Zervakos resembled a statue most of the time during testimony. But one day I tweeted to my followers that I saw a juror nodding in agreement with a witness. I can now disclose that the juror I watched nod his head positively in concurrence with a witness was number 18, William Zervakis. It came when one of the trial's psychologists was saying that what happens to us as children, especially abuse, shapes who we become as adults.

He did it in a most definite way, not just one vague dip of the chin but a clear series of nods to several statements from the stand. My twittles were instantly panicked, engaging with my tweet, feeling it meant he "bought" the defense theory that Travis was abusive to Jodi.

Jurors walk into deliberations with their own life experiences. I wonder if he identified himself or someone he knows in this testimony.

" what happens to us as children, especially abuse, shapes who we become as adults"

Was he verbally abused as a child and then was verbally abuser himself as an adult? Maybe he put his own guilt onto Travis subconsciously? Who knows. There is not a perfect juror. I am just happy JA was convicted of M1.

I don't base my opinions on what a blogger says about an email that none of us have ever seen in evidence. You can form your own opinions on whatever you want. Travis Alexander was not abusive to CMA in my opinion. He wanted to help people. CMA showed her appreciation in the way she did.

The Hughes talked about this email on a recent radio program. It's real. No need to deny it as it proves nothing. Travis wanted an open relationship, Jodi didn't but went along with it because she loved him. Any "emotional abuse" she may have felt was her own fault. Cut things off if open relationships are not your thing.

JW's impersonation/mocking attempt was infinitely more offensive to me in the court of law than JM and his established "pitbull" style... I mean, I was laughing at JW it was embarrassing and disrespectful.. It was a debacle and if she was trying to prove a point by it, she failed IMO! I got no kind words for her.
Moo

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

ITA! Obviously, if we ever go to a professional juror system in this country, WS would be the go-to place for finding intelligent, critical thinking, astute and balanced candidates!

Jodi wouldn't be so stupid to fake something like this. Too much of an effort and easily impeachable.

Sure. She'd never do anything stupid that required effort and that could be easily impeached ... she'd spend the time on something wicked complex like:

1 - buying 3 gas cans and lying about returning one

2 - creating receipts in every state from CA - Utah to prove she was there and not having any for Arizona, where she said she went on the spur of the moment. Where she would have needed to buy more gas. And have receipts to join the others she'd collected.

3 - Leaving a bloody palm print on a wall

4 - creating a day she "caught" Travis masturbating to a photo of a young boy on the day she and Travis exchanged multiple texts and e-mails about innocuous topics ... when she should have been home vomiting and shaking with revulsion.

5 - faking a heroic leap 4 feet into the air in a pristine closet to grab an imaginary gun without disturbing one single item in that pristine closet

6 - leaving a memory card with nekkid photos of herself doing God knows what on a digital camera that any "professional" photographer would never have done because hey, that memory card is a photographer's bread and butter

7 - Forgetting lies she told 35 seconds after she told them during cross examination because Juanderful led her in circles until she couldn't keep track of it all

And on and on and on and on and on

Now I can't wait to see what juror 6 has to say. I knew that 18 wasn't speaking for all of them.

I hear ya .... and I totally agree. It is interesting that we have still NOT heard from the CA jurors. What's up with that. Spineless group of people.

Just sayin. I have posted a few times about the CA foreman ... I think he was a bully .. he was a PE teacher ... he was aggressive .. he was a person who loved his power ... okay we will NEVER know for sure.

The thing that bothers me the most, is that not ONE other juror has spoken out. Why are people so weak? If you have a problem being on a jury .. just ask to be removed. I am so disgusted with the CA foreman ... very STUPID man ... I can never forgive him ... nor the wimpy jury. My heart still aches for Caylee. Poor little thing. ....

It appears the JA foreman could be framed in the same light. Just sayin'
I saw a couple of intetviews with CA jurors. They said they believed CA killed Cayle. They said they wanted DNA. The legal community said that jury miss the boat.

Juror #5 was dismissed - wasn't she the multi-colored hair woman that appeared in court one day? Wasn't she also an immigrant from Bosnia? Rumor was that when she saw photos of Travis's corpse, it reminded her of the Bosnian war? Not sure still why she got kicked off, but I am thinking the guy that may have been born in Greece is the one that got her kicked off.....Just a thought and MOO.

Oh so if true, someone thought she would be emotional of it and sympathetic and not rational, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roller Derby