SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All! Hope you all had a nice weekend.

Just catching up on some juror interviews. Honestly, the fact that one or more jurors were willing to believe Jodi was verbally/emotionally abused by Travis comes as no surprise to me... But I am 'effing STUNNED that anyone believed she was physically abused. Is it possible they are referring to abuse at the hands of her parents only? Or did they actually buy that both her parents and Travis abused her physically?

:facepalm:

Don't jurors have the option of asking for testimony transcripts?

I don't think they will get transcripts but they will get testimony read back. They can and in fact were encouraged to ask questions. jmo

I've wondered what Jodi would've done if Travis wasn't found as quickly as he was. Would she have gone to his house and tried version #whatever and said that she FOUND his body? She could've maybe taken the camera from the washing machine, tried to say her bloody hand print was put on the wall as she fell to the floor after seeing his body in the shower??? jtol

Jodi filled the gas cans in SLC. WHY?

jurors couldn't ask for a transcript?

maybe ask AZ lawyer? i've seen juries ask for testimony to be read back. they aren't given transcripts, or at least i've never seen that happen. for testimony, i think reading it back to them is the only way they can hear it again.

I read on another site, and I can't find it now, so I probably shouldn't repeat it, BUT one of the roommates stated that they had given Travis their monthly rent, in cash, but the house payment had never been made. Whether that is true or not, I can definitely see Jodi taking what ever money Travis had in his wallet, and feeling justified doing it. After all, look what this trip cost her. And he made her do it.

Does anyone remember seeing how much she paid for the 9mm gun she bought after the murder? And the box of bullets? I always wondered about that. I don't know if she was paying her GP's rent or living in their spare bedroom for free but any hourly wages and tips at the Mexican restaurant she worked at on the north side of town would only go so far.

What is the next big case everyone is going to follow?

Well I see that HLN has immediately moved on to George Zimmerman. Man, I thought Mike Galonos would at least go over the juror comments over the weekend, but nooo.....straight to the next one! Jean C is already on location over there!

Well I see that HLN has immediately moved on to George Zimmerman. Man, I thought Mike Galonos would at least go over the juror comments over the weekend, but nooo.....straight to the next one! Jean C is already on location over there!

Oh yes, They are very busy helping the defense team urinate in the jury pool before jury selection.

Is Beth still fired?

I don't think that anybody has been interviewing that has asked that question directly.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I wonder why Anderson Cooper didn't ask for clarification on "because of the instructions we were given....."

maybe ask AZ lawyer? i've seen juries ask for testimony to be read back. they aren't given transcripts, or at least i've never seen that happen. for testimony, i think reading it back to them is the only way they can hear it again.

whether they were able to ask for a transcript or for testimony to be read back the point of this matter is that jurors had the ability to ask for clarification if they so chose.

I was also thinking that Travis may have been down on himself, because he might have felt he wasn't living up to the Mormon standard that says "no sex before marriage." Maybe he felt that he had lowered himself, so Jodi would have met that low standard, and have been kind of a punishment Travis inflicted on himself, to pay for his transgressions (all of this would be subconscious, of course). :twocents:

Otherwise, it's hard to explain why this attractive, popular, smart guy would have had anything to do with her, especially with all the warnings from people Travis respected.

If you have never dealt with a sociopath you truly can be easily blindsided. This is so hard to explain....they are chameleons and put on personas as quickly and easily as changing socks. Everyone has personality flaws. Thats different than a personality disorder Someone who is sociopathic will appear like everyone else. Like women who go through the same thing with men or another woman it is easy to explain away your gut feelings and figure they are just quirky. Or they are just showing how they care. Or any other host of things. It's so easy to be taken in when you have no experience or clue of what to look for.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

because the media is fickle and Jodi Arias is not news anymore. Between now and the new sentencing phase she will be old news. People are sick and tired of her face and her interviews and don't care about her. There's other fish for the media to fry now such as Zimmerman.

I don't think it was JUST about the sex. And i also don't think they had anal sex as often as CMJA says they did. I think they had vaignal sex more often, but CMJA knows anal sex is to her benefit for the case, so she has highly exxagerated it.

I think Travis got sucked into something he shouldn't have, obviously. I think he actually cared about her on some weird level. Didn't Sky Hughes say that one time he forwarded an e-mail from CMJA where she talked about wanting to commit suicide, and he called Sky frantically and said omigosh, what should i do?? And Sky read the e-mail and knew she was lying. I am really surprised that didn't make it into the trial, b/c it shows she was using suicide as a tool with him. That shows that he really cared, I mean he could have just said okay, whatever, that's not my problem if you're a psycho. But he didn't b/c he was actually HUMAN, unlike CMJA. And it also shows how gullible he was, and she could EASILY play him.

I don't think it was all about sex...that's just what the defense has, successfully, made us all believe. Of course, they would want the jurors to think that.

it's that pesky hearsay thing! this trial would have been very different if TA's friends were allowed to say all they knew. he apparently talked to his friends about her a lot, but it can't come in.

if i could ask JM one thing, it would be why he didn't use sky and chris hughes. they had FIRSTHAND knowledge of her creepy behavior. i'd just really know why they weren't allowed to explain the emails, and talk about their encounters with her.

I wonder why Anderson Cooper didn't ask for clarification on "because of the instructions we were given....."

That answer is definitely begged for a response in a follow-up question did it not!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Jodi filled the gas cans in SLC. WHY?

this is where that 'cheap gas' came in, i guess. she wanted that cheap utah gas before heading back to CA. LOL.

i thank her for being such a dumbass and proving beyond any doubt that she had 3 gas cans with her.

just using your post for an excuse to post this.....but the DT is seriously going to claim smoking weed makes you aggressive?????

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Hey All! Hope you all had a nice weekend.

Just catching up on some juror interviews. Honestly, the fact that one or more jurors were willing to believe Jodi was verbally/emotionally abused by Travis comes as no surprise to me... But I am 'effing STUNNED that anyone believed she was physically abused. Is it possible they are referring to abuse at the hands of her parents only? Or did they actually buy that both her parents and Travis abused her physically?

:facepalm:

O/T Question: How did you insert a picture within your message? I managed to do it once but forgot how I did it :eek:)

because the media is fickle and Jodi Arias is not news anymore. Between now and the new sentencing phase she will be old news. People are sick and tired of her face and her interviews and don't care about her. There's other fish for the media to fry now such as Zimmerman.

Exactly. Once a new jury is selected and a new date for re doing the penalty phase is in she will get mixed back in. Might as well move on to others and not put things on hold....much as JA would love us to.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member