SIDEBAR #8- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Dawn, guess I was rather vociferous in my need to have the female stalking issues exposed for what they are both in this trial and in this country.

The only way that abuse allegations can be a mitigator is if they are true--the stalking would lay THIS DEBATE TO REST

I am 100% convinced, like I have emphatically stated in many posts, that JA's stalking of Travis DURING & AFTER this relationship has to be presented in its entirety if Juan wants a DP conviction.

I agree too. But.. sadly, after hearing juror #18 speak, I don't think anything would have changed his mind. In my opinion, he's just plain against the DP.

If he believed she was abused, there wouldn't have been a M1 verdict. He's using that as an excuse for not admitting his real feelings toward the DP.

This will be the same outcome with the next jury too. Unless of course, they are all truthful in what they say during jury selection.

Do you think it's possible to get a special thread going for all the nuggets that are coming from the jurors that are talking??? It would be great to have one place where we can keep track of what is being said.

That's a great idea !

:great:Omg it wasn't a dream... I really did hear Patrick Roy was going to coach the Avs this am!

Some like music videos, but I need Squirrel answers here.....We have squirrels all over the place in our neighborhood including nests in our trees - I was walking down the driveway to get the paper one day, and one of our little squirrels stopped right in front of me about 4 feet way and just stared at me. I said to self, so I am being held hostage by a squirrel ? Anyway - I also love my birds, especially the Cardinals that I love to feed. I have tried everything to keep the squirrels out of my bird feeders but it just is not possible. I tried Crisco on the pole for awhile - Squirrel jumps up the pole and slides on down - after they go rub their bellies in the dirt - the are persistent and finally make it to the feeder and tip it upside down and gobble up all the sunflower and safflower seed just when the Cardinals are getting used to their new feeding place. (I don't use Vaseline on the pole because that is harmful to the squirrel). What's the answer?

FEED THEM !

Pretty sad when a human being can't outsmart an animal with a brain smaller than a walnut.

I gave up years ago... When I was outsmarted. I figure if ya can't beat em, feed em! Besides they are more entertaining than birds and far far cuter:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no, don't tell me this. I just spent a fortune today on Shepherd hooks and bird houses and seed. I was told that the squirrel could not climb the pole on the shepherd's hook.

Also there is a seed that squirrel do not like but I can't remember what it is. Maybe thistle, but not sure. Google it, I am sure it will be on there.

Yes they can!

Saw one use a grappling hook once... lol they really are brilliant little creatures.

So, I'm not sure what y'all are talking about but just wanted to pop in and say that after hearing what Juror No. 10 had to say it appears the 4 lifers were all the older jurors. It wasn't a gender thing but a age thing. I think that all the sex talk got to the older folks. They all thought the sex that was discussed ad nauseum was abusive and that's what saved her life. Unbelievable.

So if Juan can keep the older people off the panel and limit all the insane (and completely irrelevant) talk about sex Jodi will be sentenced to Death. He needs to stop the defense from putting forth facts that don't have anything to do with the crime.

I think that Ms. Scwartz is probably about 68 years old. She voted for death. I'm not going along with the age of the jurors deal here so far. Wasn't Alternate #10 an alternate and not allowed to deliberate or be involved with the penalty phase? I get all these jurors and alternates' numbers mixed up...JMO

So, I'm not sure what y'all are talking about but just wanted to pop in and say that after hearing what Juror No. 10 had to say it appears the 4 lifers were all the older jurors. It wasn't a gender thing but a age thing. I think that all the sex talk got to the older folks. They all thought the sex that was discussed ad nauseum was abusive and that's what saved her life. Unbelievable.

So if Juan can keep the older people off the panel and limit all the insane (and completely irrelevant) talk about sex Jodi will be sentenced to Death. He needs to stop the defense from putting forth facts that don't have anything to do with the crime.

Yes, I agree with you about the age of the jurors and the sex talk and that one GD text was considered abuse to them. :banghead:
I don't see how JM can keep older people off the next jury. He may have to
step up his game somehow. I don't know how; I think he was magnificent, myself, and made a lot of sense to me (but, I am a "mere mortal"- :floorlaugh:).

:floorlaugh:
:great:Omg it wasn't a dream... I really did hear Patrick Roy was going to coach the Avs this am!

It's true. But if I was you, I'd be more excited at the thought of this summers draft. Nathan MacKinnon or Seth Jones? You win either way. Me personally, I'd pick MacKinnon.

Dr. Drew is replaying now.
He has juror #6 and alt juror #17 on.

I have been known to rip Dr. Drew a new one a time or two via email :angel: but tonight I emailed him to commend him for not interrupting the jurors, for maintaining a calm atmosphere on the set, and for keeping his co-host's mouth shut, for the most part.

I think that Ms. Scwartz is probably about 68 years old. She voted for death. I'm not going along with the age of the jurors deal here so far. Wasn't Alternate #10 an alternate and not allowed to deliberate or be involved with the penalty phase? I get all these jurors and alternates' numbers mixed up...JMO

I thought I read that Diane Schwartz (Juror 6? I believe) is 64 yo. I just love her! She said "no redeeming values" when asked about JA mitigating factors...

I have been known to rip Dr. Drew a new one a time or two via email :angel: but tonight I emailed him to commend him for not interrupting the jurors, for maintaining a calm atmosphere on the set, and for keeping his co-host's mouth shut, for the most part.

I used my dvr to record it after reading here... I'm impressed, he actually let them speak and finish their sentences!

Cracked me up his claim of labeling her borderline early on!
My memory is apparently better than his.. Or he hopes his audience just doesn't remember that far back.

Took him forever to get a clue!

I thought I read that Diane Schwartz (Juror 6? I believe) is 64 yo. I just love her! She said "no redeeming values" when asked about JA mitigating factors...

I didn't realize that - there were some on here earlier trying to guess her age and I guessed 68. I was close! She should have been the dam Foreperson !!!

JMO

Show still needs way more Mark

I still don't get this jury. If unanimous 1st degree, and unanimous on aggravating, then the discussion during deliberations should have only been did the mitigators outweigh the aggravating factors, right? They should not have asked themselves "am I able to sentence her to death?" It was more of a q of: did the mitigating factors outweigh the crime? I thought.

FEED THEM !

Pretty sad when a human being can't outsmart an animal with a brain smaller than a walnut.

I gave up years ago... When I was outsmarted. I figure if ya can't beat em, feed em! Besides they are more entertaining than birds and far far cuter:)

Our squirrels are very healthy here - We have plenty of natural resources for them. I greatly enjoy supplying food for our Cardinals and other birds that bring joy to us. :seeya:

She stated that she knew how the deliberating jury voted. She stated herself that she thought it was an age thing. Mind you, as she also said, that most of the younger jurors were kicked off (either via being a alternate or booted for some other reason) which left mainly older jurors left to decide. That's not to say that there still weren't younger jurors but you can read between the lines from her comments that it was NOT any of the younger jurors who voted for life. By process of elimination it's not too difficult who was most likely the jurors who voted for life.

Also according to Juror No. 6 ALL of the life voting jurors said their decision to vote for life was due to the abuse they believed Jodi suffered.

Jenny annoys the crap out of me. She interrupts EVERYONE. And she isn't polite about it. She just jumps right in. There should be more Mark and way less Jenny.

I'm very familiar with Wild Birds Unlimited - I "raised" Purple Martins when I lived in Louisiana - I guess I will have to go hi-tech and get an "official" pole with the baffle but thought there might be a less expensive trick to keep them out of my feeders. I greatly appreciate your help!

When we lived in Arizona we would summer in Flagstaff (much cooler). My husband saw the squirrels one day so we bought some unsalted peanuts in the shell. My DH started sitting outside about 5:00 pm everyday with his beer and peanuts. When a squirrel came around he started tossing him peanuts, already shelled. Soon the squirrel, we called him Alvin, would come up to my DH and sit up with one little paw on my Dh's cowboy boot and wait for his peanuts.

Neighbors started coming over to drink beer and talk everyday. Rex gave them peanuts. One of the neighbors said, "You know, you don't have to shell them. The squirrel will shell it himself." Rex said, "Not Alvin!" So the neighbor tossed Alvin a peanut in the shell. Alvin walked over to it, turned up his nose and went back to Rex for more shelled peanuts. So you can even spoil the little critters.:seeya:

:floorlaugh:

It's true. But if I was you, I'd be more excited at the thought of this summers draft. Nathan MacKinnon or Seth Jones? You win either way. Me personally, I'd pick MacKinnon.

I've only read a little, but think they might be leaning towards jones... I never count on anything. I always loved Roy!!

She stated that she knew how the deliberating jury voted. She stated herself that she thought it was an age thing. Mind you, as she also said, that most of the younger jurors were kicked off (either via being a alternate or booted for some other reason) which left mainly older jurors left to decide. That's not to say that there still weren't younger jurors but you can read between the lines from her comments that it was NOT any of the younger jurors who voted for life. By process of elimination it's not too difficult who was most likely the jurors who voted for life.

Also according to Juror No. 6 ALL of the life voting jurors said their decision to vote for life was due to the abuse they believed Jodi suffered.

We must have heard different things. I heard her say that the four that voted for death believed that CMA was "abused" verbally and by text. I don't recall her ever saying that the age of the juror had anything to do with it. Can you provide a link to substantiate that? JMO

Edit: This is another reason why I think we need a new thread showing all the interviews and discuss separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname