Severe Weather 2013 Spring, Summer and Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
OKC is a couple hours southwest of Wfgodot...
I don't think she'd be in the path of these storms would she?
Norman is even further SOUTH of Oklahoma City... so even further from Wfgodot.
El Reno and Yukon are WEST of OKC... so also not close to her.

Were there tornadoes NORTH EAST of OKC like Tulsa or anywhere around there???
I'm not seeing any today. I think Wfgodot is likely just hunkered down. :seeya:

OKC is a couple hours southwest of Wfgodot...
I don't think she'd be in the path of these storms would she?
Norman is even further SOUTH of Oklahoma City... so even further from Wfgodot.
El Reno and Yukon are WEST of OKC... so also not close to her.

Were there tornadoes NORTH EAST of OKC like Tulsa or anywhere around there???
I'm not seeing any today.

Nothing near Tulsa at this time that I'm seeing.

Not sure about Wfgodot, as far as location goes, but one of my BFF's lives in Norman. El Reno and Yukon are north and west of Norman, but the storm moved southeast. I am still waiting for news from my friend and Wfgodot.

Hospitals reporting about 70 injured...
1 child and 1 adult critical.

2 fatalities, 1 child and 1 adult.

5 fatalities, including that mother and baby who were blown off the highway.
4 of those 5 were in their vehicles at the time. No word on the 5th one.

They just showed a live shot from a gas station type thing (I think) and there are cars piled into the parking lot every which way, people trying to take cover!

That's so scary!!!!

It was a very scary afternoon/evening. I hope it is over for tonight!!

We just went under a tornado watch. Storm seems to be just moving in.

Take your computer and take shelter. Then stay here with us.

Y'all, the dog, and me. That little closet is sure gonna be crowded. lol Will do, because all I'm hearing from the living room tv is beeps and bleeps.

Tornado sirens sounding in the Stigler, OK area. Hail report in Porum (Muskogee County)

tornado warning in haskell county and sequoyah county ok until 12:45

salisaw, muldrow, fort smith, leflore county in the line of this storm

SOUTHERN CHEROKEE AND SOUTHERN ADAIR COUNTIES NOW INCLUDED IN THIS WARNING

WARNING EXTENDED TO 1:15 a.m.

Can you hear the storming around your house? Or should we try to come up with an unrelated topic?

I can hear thunder, and I saw lightning moving in. So far the worst of this is south of us. Hopefully it will stay there! No...hopefully it will just go away, but that's not gonna happen. I know a number of folks in the warning path.

I can hear thunder, and I saw lightning moving in. So far the worst of this is south of us. Hopefully it will stay there! No...hopefully it will just go away, but that's not gonna happen. I know a number of folks in the warning path.

Later you can worry about others. Right now, it's you we are worrying about. Where in the house are you? Where is your "safe" room?

ETA I just reread that you are in a closet. I saw on TV today that you should check any upper shelves to make sure there is nothing heavy up there. Just on the off chance that it should become flying debris you know. Show me had a good idea. Bike or motorcycle helmet. A mattress is also good. Got your cell?

Later you can worry about others. Right now, it's you we are worrying about. Where in the house are you? Where is your "safe" room?

The most interior closet. Blankets to cover. Phone. Flashlight. Even water. I need to remember to get a helmet!

They just said this warning will probably cover us in about 54 minutes, so right now we should be okay.

I have a map up that shows the projection of these storms. I'm not too pleased that there is a little tornado icon that points straight at us.

We're under a severe weatehr alert, tornado watch until 4am here. Go figure, right after I made the post about the weather radio's importance, ours gives up the ghost. For some reason it stopped receiving signal. Looks like time for a new one. :(

Turning in soon but will be thinking about you and others in danger and will check back in the morning....Stay safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim