George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 19 year old SHOULD understand that.
A 19 year old is an adult.

I was married with a full time job and a mortgage when I was 19.

Using age as an excuse, when you're talking about an adult doesn't seem logical to me.

Thank you so much for this post! I sat on a jury for 5days at the age of 19 and knew how to act in a court of law.
At what point does age stop being an excuse to act totally disrespectful and ridiculous?
At what age are you now considered an adult?
This witness showed a total lack of respect for the whole legal process today. I do not sympathize with her at all.

But those injury photos are misleading, IMO. Zimmerman did not require any bandages, suture tape, butterfly bandage or sutures the night of the shooting. The bleeding had stopped before he even arrived at the police station. I see no serious injuries that prove Zimmerman's claims of a broken nose or having his head banged on a concrete sidewalk repeatedly.

MOO

Really? So the PA is lying?

Did these injuries somehow get photoshopped?

JMO

Concerning the injuries to Zimmerman, and again this points to a lie, he claims during the walk through that his doctor told him his nose was broken and that he needed one or two stitches to the back of his head YET during the interview in which the "voice stress test" was done he claims the EMT told him the night before his nose was broken and that he needed one or two stitches to the back of his head.

Proof of this in the videos I posted yesterday.

Concerning the injuries to Zimmerman, and again this points to a lie, he claims during the walk through that his doctor told him his nose was broken and that he needed one or two stitches to the back of his head YET during the interview in which the "voice stress test" was done he claims the EMT told him the night before his nose was broken and that he needed one or two stitches to the back of his head.

And that makes it a lie? Can the two not be true?

IMO I think she embellished her story. An example: She could hear grass sounds over the phone after Trayvon asked why he was being followed? What does grass sound like?

Trayvon was waiting for the rain to stop under the mailboxes overhang. If it was raining when he left the store 6:23 PM which was a mile away, took a short cut to get there, why did it take him over 30 minutes to get to the mailboxes? Why not just go to his dads since it was not that much farther to go?

IMO she is adding facts to fit with GZ phone call.

After sharing many romantic nights with my hubby, rolling in the grass after dark? I can tell you that the sound of grass is REAL, and BEAUTIFUL! :blushing:

He obviously had injuries and this is a fact

Okay - I didn't get it. Was there a 1st 48 special on this crime?

Thx.

Mel

Not that I know of Mel. She explained why she knew she'd be called and was scared because on 48 hrs LE always look at the phones of victims and contacted the last person they'd spoken to.

Really? So the PA is lying?

Did these injuries somehow get photoshopped?

JMO

As you can see in my post I never said that. What I did say was that the photo was misleading. Once the blood was cleaned away it is obvious that the injuries are not as severe as they first appeared to be. As I also said there was no need for a bandage, tape sutures, butterfly bandage or sutures for any of his three injuries the night of the shooting. All three were rather superficial that stopped bleeding on their own. EMTs did clean up and check out Zimmerman's injuries before he went to the police station.

After sharing many romantic nights with my hubby, rolling in the grass after dark? I can tell you that the sound of grass is REAL, and BEAUTIFUL! :blushing:

You ain't right!!!
:)
Funny!!!

IMO the girl isn't the brightest bulb in the box. .... But she sure has a mind for dates and times! She was simply "keeping it real" it was obvious to me she didn't want to be there, suffered trauma, and was still struggling.

Linda, will you marry me?

As you can see in my post I never said that. What I did say was that the photo was misleading. Once the blood was cleaned away it is obvious that the injuries are not as severe as they first appeared to be. As I also said there was no need for a bandage, tape sutures, butterfly bandage or sutures for any of his three injuries the night of the shooting. All three were rather superficial that stopped bleeding on their own. EMTs did clean up and check out Zimmerman's injuries before he went to the police station.

How was it misleading?

Another thing that bothers me about her testimony is that she stated that she did not know George Zimmerman was not arrested until after she spoke to his father Mid-March. I find that hard to believe with all the media coverage on this case. Even if she did not watch the news, I would think that she would hear about the controversy from his\her friends.

If I was on the jury and had to weigh the evidence as to someone's guilt, I would not find this witness credible. Not just based on her demeanor, but also on how she embellished her testimony. How do you hear grass over the phone?

And that makes it a lie? Can the two not be true?

Actually I would say what really makes it a lie is the fact that the EMTs did not mention anything about Zimmerman needing stitches to the back of his head nor that he DID have a broken nose in their report. The report has been released for over a year now and can be found in our document thread for this case.

If they stopped bleeding on their own, why were there blood trails all around his head in the pictures at the police station, after (and even you acknowledge) the EMTs cleaned him up?

I was shocked when I overheard a few of my sons friends and MY SON trash talking in a way that he knows darn right well I wouldn't approve of. He also knows why I feel that way. I spoke to all of them and shared my feelings on the subject. they shared with me, it means nothing. They're teenagers. They say and even do stupid things sometimes. That's their job!
It's not about character at all. At that age IMO it's about bonding with your friends, being cool, and goofing around.
Truth be told, I would be mortified if my son overheard some of my private conversations with my best friends. While the conversations have zero to do with race, they are most certainly filled with "inappropriate" language and humor.

exactly - for teens and 20 somethings, they think the f word is a verb - and especially teenagers get a lot of the phrases from the rap music they listen to :twocents:

I was here at the beginning of the case, but have forgotten some of it.

But I have to ask this, kind of off topic - is this picture below the SAME girl who was on the stand for so long today? If so, I've never seen anyone change so dramatically - ever in my life - in a year and a half. This girl is absolutely unrecognizable as the girl on the stand.

If they're different girls - sorry. *blush*

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/PfVTM8sqz4k/0.jpg

Different girls, I believe

I will truly be glad when DeeDee is home safe with her mother. I liked her. She is in way over her head with the legal language, court room behavior, etc. Those who brought her into this, FAILED HER, someone should have helped get her prepared for her day in court. IMO

Racial slurs are humorous? Then why is Paula Deen out of a job? The double standard here is outrageous. JMO, OMO, MOO.

Paula Deen is another whole ball of wax from my understanding of her current situation.
As mentioned earlier,some just say the words and it means little one way or the other,and some actually act (GZ IMO) on their scewed perceptions based on a persons race alone.
I never said that the racial slur was funny in and of itself.I did find the whole of creepy *advertiser censored** cra**er funny considering that at the time they had no idea the intentions of Zimmerman.
Two young people conversing on what must have seemed a crazed guy in a scary situation.
Very normal.IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member