George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
M00c0w,
If I have done something to offend you please say so. I have every right to my opinion as much as you do yours.

There is no reason to bully the whole forum and trump everyone with YOUR opinion. It really is ok to ignore people and move on.

As a gun owner I am surprised that you would be so defensive of someone that did not show a considerable amount of safety. My only interest in this case is because I live in a state where there has been too much gun violence, and I take it pretty seriously. I support gun ownership. I do not support anyone that is untrained, or has temperment problems that confuse the reality of situations to have a concealed weapon. I really do not care what the current laws state. Children should never be killed by gun or an Adult for that matter!
Where did this come from? lol

I just don't want to discuss the subject (the poster in question was not you), because it was deleted. And generally repeating things on a forum that have been deleted makes for a bad time.

All I am trying to do is have a reasonable discussion based on intellectual honesty, the laws as they apply to this case, and the facts as we know them. If someone else wants to enter emotional appeals, that is their concern. I have never claimed that Zimmerman was absolutely 100% reasonable in his actions, nor have I claimed that I believe he is entirely innocent. However, that does not mean that I will not point out inaccuracies, mistruths, or mischaracterizations of events. You may disagree (or agree) that he deserves a fair shake, but that is your decision and yours alone.

You just made the opposite case- Trayvon was screaming, therefore he didn't have George on the ground and beating him on the sidewalk!!

i am still watcing hln, but listening to the spanishs peaking witness, she ran out as soon as she heard the gun and GZ was on top of TM, how would he ave the time to push of TM, turn his body over, jumpon his back and holster his gun in the 15 secs it took her to get outside???

also she said he didn't move the arms r legs like he said in his renactment tape - and i just rewatched and gz says that after he shot tm, gz claims tm held his hands up and said "you got me" which is impossuble!!!

You know...I am beginning to question something more.

If Trayvon was on top, wouldn't have blood come out of the wound? Gravity and all that.

I am now wondering if GZ was in fact on top, and he did position him the way he said he did...except he didn't actually pull his arms out just got his elbows out.

I mean, I would think if Trayvon was on top the blood would have come out of the wound and splattered.

But since it didn't...wouldn't it make sense he was on his back, therefore no blood comes out?

George stated he was trying to detain him after he was shot.

It's actually making more sense to me now.

George was on top as we have heard multiple witnesses state, and he stated himself. He then turned him over to "detain" him, since detaining a dead man makes so much sense, but that's beside the point.

It's not so twisted in my head now. I have no idea if this makes sense to anyone else though. LOL!!

There is a forensic witness for the DT that will debunk that theory . The pattern of the bullet - the opening in his sweatshirt, the pattern in his chest, where the shell casing was found - the whole enchilada - will be explained in minute detail.

Do we have a medical professional that can either describe or post photos of what a head that has been "bashed repeatedly" against the edge of a cement sidewalk would look like? Thank you.

At this point, there is no other conclusion. TM could have easily gone straight to the apartment. Instead, he doubled back and jumped GZ, starting with a sucker punch. With GZ down, TN began to slam Zimmerman's head against the sidewalk. GZ managed to bring out his gun and shot TM dead.

It was self-defense, which is what the original police and prosecutors examining the evidence decided. The defense case will present further evidence to bolster the known facts.

I wonder if there would have been national coverage if Martin had succeeded in beating Zimmerman to death.

BBM

Why, why, why should Trayvon have gone straight to his father's gf's townhouse. I believe it is a free country! If he did double back, perhaps he wanted to see what his stalker was going/doing.

At this point, there is no other conclusion. TM could have easily gone straight to the apartment. Instead, he doubled back and jumped GZ, starting with a sucker punch. With GZ down, TN began to slam Zimmerman's head against the sidewalk. GZ managed to bring out his gun and shot TM dead.

It was self-defense, which is what the original police and prosecutors examining the evidence decided. The defense case will present further evidence to bolster the known facts.

I wonder if there would have been national coverage if Martin had succeeded in beating Zimmerman to death.

ITA. At this point, unless the Prosecution pulls something really stunning out of its hat, I'm hoping for a full acquittal of GZ.

You mean that link you sent me earlier?

That wasn't deleted...or you couldnt' have sent it to me.

And it didn't say that the poster thought GZ should die just because he was following TM.

If that's not what you are talking about, I would be glad to help if I can!
I posted a link in the forum replying to your post. This was deleted. If you check, your request for the link is also gone. If you follow the chain of the dialogue I sent you and go back to my first question on the matter, you will see it in its proper context and that it's as I described.

In 2005, Zimmerman, then 20, was arrested and charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer,” both which are third-degree felonies. The charge was reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Contemporaneous accounts indicate he shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at an Orange County bar.​
So, he was convicted of a non-violent crime.

In August 2005, Zimmerman’s ex-fiancee, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman counterfiled for a restraining order against Zuazo. The competing claims were resolved with both restraining orders being granted.​
This is not a criminal action in a criminal court. It was resolved with both parties being issued restraining orders against each other. There is no indication domestic violence charges were even filed at any point in time.

In December 2006, Zimmerman was charged with speeding. The case was dismissed when the officer failed to show up in court.​
My mistake. He wasn't even convicted of speeding. Only charged. So he has only been convicted of "resisting a police officer without violence".

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...-violence-fighting-with-a-police-officer?lite
oh, I hate quoting NBC these days, given their history of editing. Found this too:

Of this particular incident, according to the Miami Herald, Zuazo claimed that she saw Zimmerman, her ex, driving near her home in August 2005. She called him and he said “he was just checking up” on her.
After they spoke for an hour at her home, Zuazo claimed she asked him to leave. He grew upset, snatching her cellphone away from her, pushing her, she said,The Herald writes.
A pushing match ensued and her dog, protecting her, jumped up and bit him on the cheek.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/323345#ixzz2XSrzXrbJ

So far it seems as though there is too much "reasonable doubt" in this case. I hope something solid comes out of evidence one way or another----otherwise I worried this will really tear the community apart. MOO

O/T Hi, my name is Snoods and I'm a Big Brother addict! All I get is eyerolls from my friends and family when I talk about it so I know how you feel!

OK since 2 of you have admitted it I will too :blushing:

I actually thought it was a lame concept up until season 12, then I started watching After Dark one night and that was it. It is that hamsters in a cage thing, it is hard to look away. I am almost bummed they started it early this year, as I now have trial addiction on my schedule also!
Too many things to keep track of :scared:

And my family thinks I am goofy for watching too....you are not alone:seeya:

BBM

Why, why, why should Trayvon have gone straight to his father's gf's townhouse. I believe it is a free country! If he did double back, perhaps he wanted to see what his stalker was going/doing.

Please post factual information, The Prosecution never charged him with stalking.

Nor did George fit the legal definition of stalking.

Strongly disagree!! There is another conclusion- George was a racist vigilante who was gunning for a fight and got one. Who brings a gun to a fist fight??? He pursued Trayvon without authority when 911 told him not to. This was NOT self-defense on Zimmerman's part. Travyon was the one who was defending himself when he lost his life due to GZ shooting him, IMO!!!:twocents:

Or, Trayvon Martin, who was the only person in this scenario to demonstrate that he was a racist through the racist invective he spewed all over his facebook and twitter pages and to his friend (according to her testimony) is the one who was spoiling for a fight and he attacked George Zimmerman.

So I missed a few hours. Was Rachel's first language Creole and not English?
The defense asked and she said that she spoke english with her parents, at school, with friends, etc. Apparently her parents are multi-lingual too.

I will say lovelymountains...I think it's pretty well established that where the scuffle/fight/shot happened, happened.

There were in fact witnesses that saw them within seconds of the shot.

The evidence says they were there, with the shell casing, etc.

Just thought I would point that out.

Yes, I'm not disputing any of that. I don't recall any witness to how they got there, though.

I enjoyed listening to the witness that is an architect/interior designer and her interpretor. It gave me an opportunity to brush up on my Spanish.

I am still scratching my head about Rachel. Somebody wrote a letter and gave it to Trays mom. Rachel did not write it, the person said they were 16 years old. Rachel stated several time yesterday I believe that other people used her cell phone, in regards to text messages.
How do we know without a doubt that it was actually Rachel on the phone with Trayvon or someone else on her phone who didnt want to step forward. imo

i think it was her, i was reading where she never told because she thought she would get into trouble when she didn't call any one after the phone went dead and she is illiterate and can't write her own letters - plus when the crump interview and the letter took place after the police said they were not going to press charges, and LE had never once even talked to racheal

oh, I hate quoting NBC these days, given their history of editing. Found this too:

Of this particular incident, according to the Miami Herald, Zuazo claimed that she saw Zimmerman, her ex, driving near her home in August 2005. She called him and he said “he was just checking up” on her.
After they spoke for an hour at her home, Zuazo claimed she asked him to leave. He grew upset, snatching her cellphone away from her, pushing her, she said,The Herald writes.
A pushing match ensued and her dog, protecting her, jumped up and bit him on the cheek.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/323345#ixzz2XSrzXrbJ
And his report says she hit him and caused the injury to his face (not the dog). It was a he-said, she-said thing, and they were both issued retraining orders.

She's also claimed he hit her, he's filed at least one complaint because she allegedly assaulted him with a baseball bat. Definitely not a healthy relationship.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...ce-20120321_1_petitions-documents-injunctions

So because TM didn't want to put a younger child in danger (speculation on my part), GZ got to be his judge, jury, and executioner?

Because TM went to the store to buy drinks and snacks?

JMO, MOO, IMO...

Sent from my LG Spirit using Tapatalk 2

You are really comparing Chris Brown to some random kid off the street?

If that's the way you feel...that's the way you feel.

However, it just goes to show that people can justify anything if they look hard enough.

you stated no black male would call 911. i refuted your assertion. with proof.

:seeya:

Do we have a medical professional that can either describe or post photos of what a head that has been "bashed repeatedly" against the edge of a cement sidewalk would look like? Thank you.

I don't have pics, but as an RN I would think you would see swelling, redness, bruising, scraping/abrasions with debris embedded in the skin and wounds. Depending on how hard the head was bashed, an xray might show a skull fracture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420