GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it helps i was able to read the full article by stopping the browser when it atrempted to switch to members log in.

She wanted her children to feel happy and beatiful by buyibg them cloths

At 11pm ?!?!

Dont get it.. never have. Never will

Does DCF normally pay bills for families? I never heard of such a thing.

I think there is a purported (fake) DCF official named "Donald" who may have been inclined to do something like that. Maybe that's why the boyfriend seems to be on a first name basis with him.

I would like to know more about Smith.....do we know anything about his bringing up, like where he went to school? I ask this because I went to school with someone having the same name and the same age.....in the process of trying to get a pic of him from high school and will compare.....if this is the same guy it would be really creepy to me

I would like to know more about Smith.....do we know anything about his bringing up, like where he went to school? I ask this because I went to school with someone having the same name and the same age.....in the process of trying to get a pic of him from high school and will compare.....if this is the same guy it would be really creepy to me

It's a very common name. He lived with mother, so presumably that's where he went to school. Unless mother moved.

It's a very common name. He lived with mother, so presumably that's where he went to school. Unless mother moved.

yes, a very common name....the reason I am not posting more of the guy I went to school with til I know......he would have graduated in 75....there could have been a lot of moves between then and now....

I believe if you look on his arrest report, it sates he was born "Atlanta Cobb Georgia", and a few of us noted that was odd, because Atlanta isn't in Cobb County. (I noted that one city, Vinings is IN cobb County, but has an Atlanta zip code.)

http://origin.firstcoastnews.com/news/article/317512/483/PDF-Arrest-report-for-Donald-Smith

I think most of his past arrests indicate he lived in Florida as an adult, but we have no details where he grew up. Or at least, *I* have no details....

His entire rap sheet is available on line, IIRC. Lots of blanks to be filled in...

:seeya:

Journalist comes and hangs at the house, chatting, getting impressions, full access for a week after Mom endangers her three children and it results in a sexual assault and murder.

What's next? A Dr. Phil appearance?

What's wrong with this picture?

AP's giving interviews from the front porch less than 36 hours later, about a child he's known since she was 10 months old. Dry eyes. Speaks easily. Talking about what "Don" did to portray himself as a family man.

Public funeral, with news crews on the inside during the service.

Journalist hangin' with mom all week, got her blessing to do it, serving up a story that answers no questions, really, but does emphasize what a tough, hard life Rayne has had, no fault of her own, ever since she was abandoned by that bad, bad man at the Salvation Army.At least that's how it reads to me.

My blood pressure is through the roof right now.

The bolded above also has me pis--- is she saying that they slept together that ONE night at the Salvation Army?
Does anyone know what it is like to stay there? Is it one big room with cots or is it private sleeping areas for people staying at the Salvation Army?
I would hope they did not do the wild thing with other people maybe even little ones around!

The bolded above also has me pis--- is she saying that they slept together that ONE night at the Salvation Army?
Does anyone know what it is like to stay there? Is it one big room with cots or is it private sleeping areas for people staying at the Salvation Army?
I would hope they did not do the wild thing with other people maybe even little ones around!

No, re-reading it, it says she was homeless, had the baby and stayed at the salvation army, BJ visited at the SA a month later, never returned.

According to earlier reports (not this sham of an article), RP was trying to get public assistance two or three years later, and that's when BJ was notified.

According to this article, RP waited two years and then finally 'asked for child support'.

I'm sure this version of her tale is the accurate one. :waiting:

For those who haven't been able to read the article currently being discussed, it is currently posted in its entirety at the Official Cherish Perrywinkle Memorial Page of Facebook. The page is public.

I found the article incredibly self serving for the mother. Shame all the way around, including the journalist who didn't answer any real questions.

I'm not even going to dignify responding to the salvation army/Billy part of the equation (which has nothing to do with her death) except to say, is the implication that when an able bodied woman staying in a salvation army who had a one night stand tells a fella him she's pregnant, is he supposed to marry her immediately, on her word it's his, or better yet, start sending her buckets of money because the child must be his? If I were him, if I didn't hear back from her 3-6-9 months later, I'd assume I didn't have a child either.

If she was homeless and so poor to not be able to support Cherish, why did she have two more children with AP? Is BJ now responsible for RP's continued poverty with a boyfriend and two addition children not his own?

Mom is aware of a budget and of necessities. Is she only spending BJ's checks on Cherish? Now the story is Cherish got a sparkly barrette and her sister got a dress? I thought it was a new dress for Cherish to fly to see her father in? Why buy a barrette if money is so tight? If she's at DG and can't swing the cost of a dress, why did she think they could afford to go shopping at all? Why ask a neighbor to drive you and three children to DG to 'buy clothes for the kids' when you know you only have enough money to cover a barrette, but not a dress.

If she hasn't enough money to take care of three kids and keep the electricity paid for, why do they have 6 animals living in the house? What are the animals eating?

She has time to watch three movies a day. When does she work? If she doesn't work, why not? Does AP work?

Rayne looks at Cherish's homework--so much she won't be able to teach her. It is summer. Cherish was about to leave for a trip to see her father. Is Cherish in summer school and was going to be skipping it for this trip? Was Cherish homeschooled? Or was this just thrown in to make Rayne look like a hands on, attentive mother?

The judge? If the judge truly sent her that note, the judge is in CYA mode and/or is trying to allay her OWN guilt. “I know you gave everything you had and could to Cherish,” McCallum wrote, “that you were an excellent mother to her and how much she loved you and her sisters.” An excellent mother that put three children in a van with strangers and sent her girl to a fitting room twice with that stranger? And hey! Can you grab me a cheeseburger on your way outta my eyesight with my girl?

Cherish loves to play with her dyed hair--because being a good mom, she only did it to look like Ariel from Little Mermaid! That was free hair dye, right? Cause you can't afford clothes for your kids...

The corker? semi paraphrased: Mom wants to change laws, increase monitoring of sex offenders, make a new law that requires offenders wear ankle bracelets that stop them from leaving their front yards. Anything to stop this from happening again.

This didn't have to HAPPEN to Cherish. You facilitated it happening. There are laws on the books that YOU broke as well, look under child endangerment and neglect. :stormingmad:

AMEN! Great post. My feelings EXACTLY!

Everything you said!!! Right down to the hair dye!!!!

I just can't get past how the whole article talks about how much she loved Cherish, how good of a mom she was. Yet, we've heard that from no one else. No one has talked about how she was a good mom. Not even live in BF. (Where is he lately? I'm just going to guess, and this is only my opinion, that he is not in a "state" that would make her look good.) There is mention of a note from a judge. First of all, a judge who had read what she did wouldn't defend her parenting. I think it was 100% done out of guilt. Where are all the people standing and shouting what kind of mom she was? How much she did for her kids? How hard she tried for them? How she made the best of their lives? Nope, only Rayne.

And to mention how much Cherish loved her mom? NO WAY! A child unconditionally loving their mother? Even a mother who makes bad choices. Come on, children love their parents, she was 8...OF COURSE she loved her mom. Saying that, does nothing to show what kind of mom she was. It only shows what kind of lovely angel Cherish was.

In that article it says something to the effect of Rayne going to Cherish's underwear and socks drawer and asking herself how could she throw Cherish's clothes away.

I'm sorry if I am being insensitive, and I know people grieve in different ways, but why would you throw your children's clothes away so soon? I don't understand that. Especially if you are so poor that you can not afford clothing for the other two children who are younger and might need those clothes someday?

I'm still reading the article....

BRB...

Question for the locals:

Is that stretch between RP's home and DG well lit? Are there sidewalks? Would they have to walk out in the road? How long does it stay light out in Jax these days?

Okay, that's questions. Sorry! TIA :)

There are several different routes she could have taken. The main route is a busy traffic area with streets lights and sidewalks (Lem Turner Rd to Edgewood Ave). There are neighborhood streets she could have taken that I'm not familiar with..It starts getting dark by 8:30pm

Welp...I read the article. There are so many things I DO NOT believe in that article!! One of the things I really question is whether or not the judge really wrote that note to Rayne. Sounds fishy to me. It's been stated before that Rayne suffers from some mental issues, and I just have to wonder if in the process of trying to make herself appear like a better mother than what she seems to be - did she fabricate that letter being written. It's just a suspicion I have. IMO JMO MOO

She dyes her hair to look like Ariel from the Little Mermaid? As far as I can tell - her hair has been red since way BEFORE she had children. Her hair color was listed in her arrest report from years ago! "RED/AUBURN"

This has been mentioned before, but WHY OH WHY did she continue to have babies when she couldn't really afford the first one? I know people do it all the time, but if you are having trouble taking care of one child, why bring 2 more into this world? They can't even pay their electric bill! Also, why did she have to take shelter at the Salvation Army? Did this woman not have one friend or family member who could shelter her while she was pregnant and giving birth to Cherish?

I don't blame Billy for not coming back! He slept with her ONCE and probably didn't believe Rayne when she told him the baby was his. Billy is NOT at fault for this, but the article sure doesn't have a problem insinuating that part of it is. He stepped up to the plate when proof showed that Cherish was his. He even tried to get custody of her.

That article really ticked me off. I better leave it at that before I get put on restriction by one of our wonderful WS Mods.

i have a hard time believing the judge wrote her a letter, too. reaaalllll hard time.

There are several different routes she could have taken. The main route is a busy traffic area with streets lights and sidewalks (Lem Turner Rd to Edgewood Ave). There are neighborhood streets she could have taken that I'm not familiar with..It starts getting dark by 8:30pm

do we have a map somewhere showing where Cherish lived and the DG?

From this article:

"He said he and his wife had a $100 gift card to Walmart they weren’t using anyway. His wife was from the Virgin Islands, he said. He said he worked at HabiJax. He said his name was Don. He said he had little ones of his own."

I wonder if he's ever been down there and committed no good?

I noted that much earlier in the thread. I'm not sure if his ex-wife is really FROM there or if he told people that because it was part of his continual sexualization of everything. He said she was from the one place that has a sexual connotation in the name.

I noted that much earlier in the thread. I'm not sure if his ex-wife is really FROM there or if he told people that because it was part of his continual sexualization of everything. He said she was from the one place that has a sexual connotation in the name.

necco! I remember your post very well because I had not thought of that. You are very keen to have picked up on that, and I agree with you. It has sexual connotations all over it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa