SIDEBAR #15- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of us WS-ers that were talking about watching the "Anna Nicole" movie that premiered tonight on Lifetime... What did ya think about the movie?

I had to DVR it so hubby & I could watch it after we put our kiddos to bed. I thought Lifetime did a good job w/ the actress they cast to portray Anna... Seemed to portray Stern as the slimeball I always felt he was (moo)... Wasn't thrilled w/ the actor playing her son Daniel, only b/c I didn't think the actor looked anything like him, but Lifetime got his personality right as far as his disdain for Stern (for obvious reasons)... & wasn't thrilled w/ the actor playing Birkhead b/c he didn't really resemble the real Birkhead... again all moo.

But overall I think Lifetime did a pretty good job. Wish they would've added more details in regards to how they ended the movie...but they probably would've had to add a part 2 to cover it all.

Such a tragic story either way you look at it.

Just my thoughts on the movie & depiction of the characters... So all moo & all that. :)

What did ya'll think, for those that tuned in?

I loved Ruth Gordon in Harold and Maude. I actually saw it in the theater. I always hoped I'd have the kind if spunky attitude she had for life.

Those of us WS-ers that were talking about watching the "Anna Nicole" movie that premiered tonight on Lifetime... What did ya think about the movie?

I had to DVR it so hubby & I could watch it after we put our kiddos to bed. I thought Lifetime did a good job w/ the actress they cast to portray Anna... Seemed to portray Stern as the slimeball I always felt he was (moo)... Wasn't thrilled w/ the actor playing her son Daniel, only b/c I didn't think the actor looked anything like him, but Lifetime got his personality right as far as his disdain for Stern (for obvious reasons)... & wasn't thrilled w/ the actor playing Birkhead b/c he didn't really resemble the real Birkhead... again all moo.

But overall I think Lifetime did a pretty good job. Wish they would've added more details in regards to how they ended the movie...but they probably would've had to add a part 2 to cover it all.

Such a tragic story either way you look at it.

Just my thoughts on the movie & depiction of the characters... So all moo & all that. :)

What did ya'll think, for those that tuned in?

Didn't watch it. Wish I hadn't watched their version of the slaughter of Travis.

If you're enthused to LMN's consistent "Base on a True Story", straight out of the rear end of a bull, dramas, this movie will NOT disappoint you!

Filmed entirely in some nameless "burb", no doubt in California, you are suggestively "taken" to such locals as Las Vegas, Desert Palms, and Mesa, but if you don't hear one of the "actors" mention it, you will be lost without a GPS, or should I say, sucked into the GBS, (general bull s***) of this "movie".

LMN treads lightly, obviously doing their best to avoid lawsuits brought on by John Does A-Z, Jane Does A-Z, Corps A-Z, and such trade names as the MGM Grand, "1000 Places to See Before You Die" and Starbucks. CMJA even has an imaginary friend, "Cherry" who does "lunch" and yoga classes with CMJA. OMG. Even "Naps" has a stand in, a pug who's color, in no way, represents Naps' coloring. CYA, LMN, C.Y.A.

There's more "autopsy photos" and an R rated murder scene that goes WAY beyond the pale. Again, more squeeze on the guts of the bull, hot, steamy, and odoriferous. Although, we were guided into the Stock Yard a few mere minutes into this drama, undoubtedly in the men's bathroom of all places, the stench continues throughout.

The 2 actors, who bring ANYTHING into this little diddy, are the actor playing the character of Travis, and that of Det. Flores. I don't have a clue as to who played Travis, but he seems to be fighting the urge to step away from the insanity of what LMN tries to form as a "plot", which is further from the truth than CMJA's blond hair. Det. Flores' part was most likely a "Cameo" appearance by veteran actor David Zayas, of "Dexter" fame, who probably hadn't a clue of how discombobulated this farce would play out. I'm sure it will be considered the low point in his acting career, and be unmentioned in any of his future acting resumes.

The scenery, stages, settings, etc., incredibly conflict with the true to life scenario. We are introduced to such walk ins as "Nick, Kate, Paul, Helen, Angela, and grandma" who bring nothing, nada, zip. CMJA's ex's are referred to as the "vampire hunter" and that guy who was "20 years older". Somehow. MM got lost, or threatened suit.

The most memorable statement in the entire fiasco? "Looks like Martha Stewart jumped on a grenade." No doubt, the whole movie was the aftermath of a mortar thrown into a cow pie........

For all you WS's, your hand will ache from writing quick notes of all the "falsities" seen and uttered through just the first 10 minutes of this massive piece of fiction. Sheriff Joe's pink and black jail uniforms weren't even given their due :facepalm: CMJA actress's "rack" was even sub par, to say nothing of LMN's creative license in putting her in Victoria's Secret lingerie instead of those well known "Granny Panties".

Should we all get a nickel for every inconsistency in this "flick", that deviated from the truth, we could all retire in Cancun, aka "Hawaii" per LMN.

If for some reason you feel the need to watch this mockery, you can play "Where's Kweefer?", as no doubt, our "favorite reporter" ad nauseum, is probably hidden somewhere in all this manure, maybe an "extra" in the court scene or in the car of yelling youngsters who speed off moments before Travis finds his tires slashed.

We are NOT graced by Ms. Grace, as so often LMN does, but we do hear a sound byte from her and Anderson Cooper. Maybe Ms. Grace's barrettes had a malfunction?

I give it 2 cow pies. Not worth your time or effort, re-watch the trial and the 48 Hours/Dateline episodes on You Tube.

Post Script: Just glanced at my 4+ pages of "notes". If you're expecting to watch something ala "The Bad Seed", "The Good Son" or "Fatal Attraction"......not gonna happen. CMJA's pathology isn't really delved into, and you are left with a "I don't get it?" Not even a "What's a girl to do?" Leans it more into the "Insanity" arena rather than the "Psycho B**** from He!!".

And all you Juanettes? Put your pom poms down cause the "Juan" actor and his few lines are so minimal, if you blink, you'll miss them. Yes, I was disappointed too.......

Thank you, I just searched the thread to see if this has been discussed. Good review. I watched it and all you say is right. I'll say I thought the Travis actor was pretty good. I think he captured some of his essence. I didn't like the Jodi portrayal. She's a good actress, but she was just directed wrong. It was far off from the Jodi we've seen and heard of. Where was the flat affect everyone spoke of, for instance? I don't mind that they used different names and composite characters, but they mangled some of the bare facts. Like, this Travis had no roommates. Or that this Travis was shocked she wanted to become Mormon. Stupid changes.

I also don't like how they glossed over the road trip which was one of the most crucial episodes of the whole saga. They had a little epilogue thing where they showed some of it, plus some tacked on nods to the police station handstands and such. But very flimsy.

But really, it was just bad as movies go as anything compelling to watch. Nothing to grab you. I think you summed it best "I don't get it?"

Boah, that WAT forum is something...they let you say just about anything over there. Just sayin...

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/06/how-jodi-arias-explains-rachel-jeantel-167341.html

In May, the Jodi Arias trial boosted the Headline News network (HLN) to the second most-watched cable news channel for total day, ahead of both CNN and MSNBC. HLN, which more than doubled its total viewing audience compared to May 2012, also bested MSNBC in primetime (a rare feat). From The Hollywood Reporter:

The network posted its best May ever, coming in second in total day and third in primetime. Afternoon interest in Arias had the network up 111 percent to an average 494,000 viewers and up 90 percent to 175,000 in the demo during total day. Primetime saw total viewership climb 91 percent to 624,000 viewers and 97 percent to 209,000 adults 25-54.

Ok, I would like to vent for a second... maybe it is just me but I really feel we give WAY too many rights to CONVICTED KILLERS!!!! A woman who was shown to be 'especially cruel' can have a twitter account, get a college degree, continue to paint pictures, and still communicate with the outside world, while Travis Alexander's Family has the TRUE life sentence of living without their brother, and still having to hear or see 'droppings' of his killer!

Out of respect, victims families should not have to read 'tweets', or anything, have to see paintings, etc. Once the murderer is convicted they should never be heard from again. This should just be part of the 'sentence'.

Thank you, I feel a little better :)

She's just showing her stupidity. She wants to pretend to be an intellectual, but people who cared about the issues in a book like To Kill a Mockingbird read that book years before it was ever required reading, and they didn't just say, "Great book!" and toss it in the corner. They were principles to live by in a society hostile to its precepts. I equate Jodi's "Good book" comment to saying, "Well, the sex was good" after doing it with a donkey.

Thank you, I just searched the thread to see if this has been discussed. Good review. I watched it and all you say is right. I'll say I thought the Travis actor was pretty good. I think he captured some of his essence. I didn't like the Jodi portrayal. She's a good actress, but she was just directed wrong. It was far off from the Jodi we've seen and heard of. Where was the flat affect everyone spoke of, for instance? I don't mind that they used different names and composite characters, but they mangled some of the bare facts. Like, this Travis had no roommates. Or that this Travis was shocked she wanted to become Mormon. Stupid changes.

I also don't like how they glossed over the road trip which was one of the most crucial episodes of the whole saga. They had a little epilogue thing where they showed some of it, plus some tacked on nods to the police station handstands and such. But very flimsy.

But really, it was just bad as movies go as anything compelling to watch. Nothing to grab you. I think you summed it best "I don't get it?"

I only watched the last half hour and had the same feelings, even in that small portion of the movie there were so many factual errors for no reason.

Why was the bedroom teal? His buff color paint shows the hand print in blood better than that awful color.

Why was the bathroom (and shower area) so different? So we could watch her seemingly drugged out stabbing from several angles?

And not one word spoken by either that whole time? They made up plenty of verbage between them in other scenes, why not this one where you'd expect it?

And minimizing the road trip to afterthoughts and flashbacks was just plain wrong.

But, being a Lifetime movie, it could have been worse.

'Morning all.

Am in week 3 of travelling across the country from east to west and back. Have been on California/Oregon for the past week. Today, looking at my map and deciding where to go next I see that I am about 75 miles east of Yreka.

I'm so glad to have enough remove from all things JA that nothing in me wants to go to Yreka. On the other hand I hate that I can look at map and have to think of her....

Another favorite......love me some Cat Stevens.

Cat Stevens - Father and Son Original - YouTube

The very first album I ever owned, "Tea for the Tillerman". Saw him in concert in Tucson in 1975 ( ? ). Even at 64 now, his voice is still what it was! Some people still give him a bad rap because of the Salman Rushdie book and his name on the "No Fly" list. :banghead:
I think if anyone wants to know what a true Muslim is, he is a great example. His humanitarianism is awesome!
My first tattoo has a moon a star incorporated in it for his song "Boy with a Moon & Star on his Head" (Catch Bull at 4).
I'm rambling............

The very first album I ever owned, "Tea for the Tillerman". Saw him in concert in Tucson in 1975 ( ? ). Even at 64 now, his voice is still what it was! Some people still give him a bad rap because of the Salman Rushdie book and his name on the "No Fly" list. :banghead:
I think if anyone wants to know what a true Muslim is, he is a great example. His humanitarianism is awesome!
My first tattoo has a moon a star incorporated in it for his song "Boy with a Moon & Star on his Head" (Catch Bull at 4).
I'm rambling............

Love, love, love his music. I'm not familiar with his more recent stuff though. Are you?

As for rambling, not much else to do on this thread lately it's so quiet. :seeya: I'm looking forward to the Andrea Sneiderman trial starting. That one should be interesting.

About all there is to say about CKJA is that I hope she's enjoying her 23/7 in her little cage. I'm hoping she's going a little stir crazy in the Arizona heat right now. :floorlaugh:

I only watched the last half hour and had the same feelings, even in that small portion of the movie there were so many factual errors for no reason.

Why was the bedroom teal? His buff color paint shows the hand print in blood better than that awful color.

Why was the bathroom (and shower area) so different? So we could watch her seemingly drugged out stabbing from several angles?

And not one word spoken by either that whole time? They made up plenty of verbage between them in other scenes, why not this one where you'd expect it?

And minimizing the road trip to afterthoughts and flashbacks was just plain wrong.

'Morning all.

I wish I hadn't watched it. The murder scene upset me :(.

I also didn't much care for the actor they had playing Det. Flores. Flores with his honey voice, and they made him sound like Elmer Fudd. :doh:

'Morning all.

His home wasn't even portrayed as a 2 story :facepalm: The "confrontation" with the "Hughes" was done on TA's patio (??????), PPL was NEVER mentioned, and the palm print in the hall..........if it had been "teal/blue/turquoise", she would have wiped it down, duh. LMN took WAY too much liberty. She moved to Mesa because she claimed she had a "stalker" in Yrecka" (lie) and had told people she was marrying TA, she just didn't MOVE.
And she certainly didn't move in with Travis and make his place look like "Martha Stewart jumped on a grenade". Although I thought that was a hilarious comment :floorlaugh:
4 pages of legal pad notes........You can say I was LMN's worst critic!!!!
LMN should have followed Juan's presentation of the facts in court. JMO.
I hope that if anyone else EVER makes another movie, they stick to the facts and relate Travis' story. He made a positive difference in the lives of people he met. He was a "giver". CMJA has nothing "noteworthy" to even acknowledge she existed.........I hope she's sweating her behind off today at Estrella, it was 119 in Phoenix and might do the same today. Have a feeling it's a bit hotter at that jail with all the concrete and asphalt. :rockon:

6/21/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 6/25/2013
NOTE: TO VACATE AGGRAVATION PHASE VERDICT PURSUANT TO RULE 24.2 ARIZONA RULES OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

I haven't been following the JA case since the verdict but check the court docket occasionally. Since I don't read/post here much, I don't know if you've already discussed this. Seems like the DT is up to their same old tricks :rolleyes: What's next? Vacating the guilty sentence?

I finally watched Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret and thought that it was better than the Casey Anthony movie but not as good as Anna Nicole that premiered last night after the JA film. I liked the actress' interpretation of Jodi's stalking behaviors but thought that she portrayed Jodi as being more mature and sophisticated than the convicted murderess really is based on her demeanor during the trial. :moo:

6/21/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 6/25/2013
NOTE: TO VACATE AGGRAVATION PHASE VERDICT PURSUANT TO RULE 24.2 ARIZONA RULES OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

I haven't been following the JA case since the verdict but check the court docket occasionally. Since I don't read/post here much, I don't know if you've already discussed this. Seems like the DT is up to their same old tricks :rolleyes: What's next? Vacating the guilty sentence?

I finally watched Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret and thought that it was better than the Casey Anthony movie but not as good as Anna Nicole that premiered last night after the JA film. I liked the actress' interpretation of Jodi's stalking behaviors but thought that she portrayed Jodi as being more mature and sophisticated than the convicted murderess really is based on her demeanor during the trial. :moo:

Yes, her DT will do just about anything to save her miserable life. Does anyone know when that will be decided? Will it be at the July 18th hearing?

I agree about the Casey Anthony movie. That one was a BIG disappointment for me. I DVR'd the Anna Nicole movie so will watch that one tonight.

Tuba, I see you're online. Do you have any reading on which way the penalty phase is going to go for JA? I'm really wondering if the State is actually going to re-try it or offer a plea. TIA.

Hi everyone :seeya: Guess what? We are leaving this damn hospital today, after being here 39 days. Kyle is getting some blood and platelets and then I am taking my happy *advertiser censored* to the house!

No more chemo for a while, probably 3 weeks after he has his surgery on July 8th. He ended up having to get a feeding tube in his stomach.

I am going to try and catch up on some posts....I have missed you all!

Hi everyone :seeya: Guess what? We are leaving this damn hospital today, after being here 39 days. Kyle is getting some blood and platelets and then I am taking my happy *advertiser censored* to the house!

No more chemo for a while, probably 3 weeks after he has his surgery on July 8th. He ended up having to get a feeding tube in his stomach.

I am going to try and catch up on some posts....I have missed you all!

:rockon: That's wonderful news! :guitar:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member