GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB will indeed quickly remove RSO accounts. They often (probably always) make a new account using middle name, nickname, etc...but at least you've made life a little inconvenient for them in the meantime. Since we aren't allowed to do the things we'd REALLY like to do to them, reporting them to FB brings a little bit of joy IYKWIM.

I believe the IP address is noted, and the RSO needs to find another computer to use? That's something.

That truck most likely says 4x4. Isn't it right in the neighborhood where she was found? I'm sure the kids would have recognized it if it were that truck.

OK so from what I can tell, LE spoke with someone from two doors over on July 2nd during the day and went back on the 3rd and the residents were gone. Yesterday, LE were back at the same address again and left with a bag.

I was also wondering why MSM was highlighting that particular home for some reason. Tipped off by a source? Were they just parked in the area waiting for LE to show up or anything to happen? (likely IMO)

wow. i go to sleep and yall start sleuthing poop. although, isnt that what most cases are... sleuthing poop. lol

im interested to learn more re: opal jennings. seems like massive coincidences... im not a fan of coincidences.

I've seen Opal Jennings and Ricky Lee Franks batted around in this case a bit and I gotta say, I just don't see it. Franks was convicted on a great deal of circumstantial evidence along with a confession. He is not the only criminal whose defense attorney has argued coercion. Without DNA, we will never know for sure, but imo, based on everything I've read, LE got their guy in the Opal Jennings case.

OK so from what I can tell, LE spoke with someone from two doors over on July 2nd during the day and went back on the 3rd and the residents were gone. Yesterday, LE were back at the same address again and left with a bag.

I was also wondering why MSM was highlighting that particular home for some reason. Tipped off by a source? Were they just parked in the area waiting for LE to show up or anything to happen? (likely IMO)

In most high-profile cases, MSM is camped out all day in front of the victim's house for days, weeks, even months.

I've seen Opal Jennings and Ricky Lee Franks batted around in this case a bit and I gotta say, I just don't see it. Franks was convicted on a great deal of circumstantial evidence along with a confession. He is not the only criminal whose defense attorney has argued coercion. Without DNA, we will never know for sure, but imo, based on everything I've read, LE got their guy in the Opal Jennings case.

Franks may certainly be guilty of Opal Jo's death. But he was never charged with it. He sits in jail on kidnapping and ASA charges if I remember right. So basically no one has ever been charged in Opals' death. I agree with your statement that the attorneys always argue coercion as well. I just remember at the time when they found her bones :( and his arrest and the whole story raised my ' hinky meter'. I honestly did not realize until much later that he was NOT charged with her death. Its' worth a look is all. mooo of course

I'm trying to determine what would make this overwhelming show by LE and FBI , Texas Rangers, etc.
Is it the nature of the crime ? ( which we dont even know the actual NATURE of it, but they do )
Does it remind them of some other crime? Here or another state?
Does it remind them of some specific perp?
So for me, wondering about old cold cases makes sense because of FBI's extreme interest from just literally MINUTES in . I'm just thinking out loud. mooo

I'm trying to determine what would make this overwhelming show by LE and FBI , Texas Rangers, etc.
Is it the nature of the crime ? ( which we dont even know the actual NATURE of it, but they do )
So for me, wondering about old cold cases makes sense because of FBI's extreme interest from just literally MINUTES in . I'm just thinking out loud. mooo

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/07/04/parents-not-suspected-in-saginaw-child-death/

Police said that the family is not suspected in the murder of the 6-year-old girl. In fact, the Saginaw Police Department does not have any suspects at this time. Yet, police spokesman Officer Damon Ing said that authorities believe this is an isolated case. “I can assure the community of Saginaw and all surrounding communities that you are perfectly safe in this community,” Ing said.

How can LE/FBI know this?

I think the number of LE (300) is very unusual for a murder investigation where the parents are the only suspects. I also think 300 LE does not make sense if LE thinks it was an accident covered up. I can understand 300 LE if they think a sexual predator murdered Alanna though.

Although, wasn't there an article that said 50 LE work on the case a day? So did the number drop from 300 to 50?

Franks may certainly be guilty of Opal Jo's death. But he was never charged with it. He sits in jail on kidnapping and ASA charges if I remember right. So basically no one has ever been charged in Opals' death. I agree with your statement that the attorneys always argue coercion as well. I just remember at the time when they found her bones :( and his arrest and the whole story raised my ' hinky meter'. I honestly did not realize until much later that he was NOT charged with her death. Its' worth a look is all. mooo of course

Thank you. I thought I read as much as I could, but I had no idea Franks was never charged with Opal's murder. That's huge.

BBM, this just gave me a thought. What if he was literally driving' in circles' so to speak, no destination in mind, somewhat panicking? " what do i do, where should i go, wtf , etc'' and just kind of waiting for some great idea to hit him and where he could go and hide her and then........she fell out......

That would make a lot of sense...

If this was an act of opportunity... With relatively little planning ahead of time..

I could see the perp panicking after the act...not knowing what to do next..

JMO

Are you talking about the big field between the neighborhoods? Google maps refers to as Saginaw Airport? At the lowest part of it is a hangar at one house. It's pretty common around here to have tiny small prop plane ' airports'. They are mostly personally run by plane owners and/ or enthusiasts. There's one right near me in fact with about 15 homes that all have their own planes. They pave a little runway and call it an airport. That is what I would guess that is only they didn't pave their runway. He likely charges a small fee for others to 'land there ' if they're out joy flying on a nice day. They are literally ALL over the place out here. Some may house a plane or two and others may house 20 to 40 or more planes . That's just a guess if I'm looking at the right spot.

ETA http://www.abhinayeswarappa.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Dallas-507.jpg this constitutes an ' airport'

Thanks, SCHMAE! :seeya:

Thank you. I thought I read as much as I could, but I had no idea Franks was never charged with Opal's murder. That's huge.

Well and I just did a tiny quick search , his first jury was HUNG on kidnapping charges. Second jury was deadlocked and judge demanded they go try again and they came up with the verdict.......... so ......it's POSSIBLE, maybe not probable, but possible that Opal Jo's killer is on the loose still.

Also just had a thought what if LE and FBI are familiar with this truck? What if that is the reason they're all balls out on this? Could this truck have been seen at other crimes and they didn't know for sure if it was relevant and now they're hot on it?

ETA MODS I'm not trying to derail this thread. This is very important to Alanna's case if it turns out that Opal's case is ' unsolved' which it appears it might be. And I love all of you so much :) tks

Well and I just did a tiny quick search , his first jury was HUNG on kidnapping charges. Second jury was deadlocked and judge demanded they go try again and they came up with the verdict.......... so ......it's POSSIBLE, maybe not probable, but possible that Opal Jo's killer is on the loose still.

Also just had a thought what if LE and FBI are familiar with this truck? What if that is the reason they're all balls out on this? Could this truck have been seen at other crimes and they didn't know for sure if it was relevant and now they're hot on it?

Interesting, for sure!

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/07/04/parents-not-suspected-in-saginaw-child-death/

Police said that the family is not suspected in the murder of the 6-year-old girl. In fact, the Saginaw Police Department does not have any suspects at this time. Yet, police spokesman Officer Damon Ing said that authorities believe this is an isolated case. “I can assure the community of Saginaw and all surrounding communities that you are perfectly safe in this community,” Ing said.

How can LE/FBI know this?
That statement really irritates me. They can't know this for sure. Even if they suspect they know who did it, they shouldn't be trying to give the community a false sense of security. Unfortunately, No one is perfectly safe anywhere.

Somer Thompson's case had tons of FBI as well as ICE. It turned out to be a neighbor puke in his early 20's who was actually found because former roommates told LE about him.

Dogs had even been at the house where he killed her and no hits.

I think the sheer brutality of the crime indicates a problem. The bag, the tying up. To me it indicates that there is someone out there with the need to do this,

Why LE says not to worry is a real worry to me. There does not appear to be any indication that people should not worry.

I think the number of LE (300) is very unusual for a murder investigation where the parents are the only suspects. I also think 300 LE does not make sense if LE thinks it was an accident covered up. I can understand 300 LE if they think a sexual predator murdered Alanna though.

Although, wasn't there an article that said 50 LE work on the case a day? So did the number drop from 300 to 50?

July 3rd, this was published with the quote from Ing.
The news conference was at the city’s recreation center on McLeroy Boulevard. Farther down the street, police officers, Texas Rangers and dozens of FBI agents were crowded into police headquarters, working the case.

“I kid you not, there’s 200 to 300 agents in there,” Ing said.

Among them was the Tarrant County major-case investigative team, which includes investigators from the police departments in Arlington, Benbrook, Euless and Grand Prairie and the sheriff’s departments in Parker, Tarrant and Wise counties. Investigators from the Tarrant County district attorney’s office were also involved.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/07/03/4980912/911-call-i-think-its-a-little.html

Then yesterday, July 5th, in this video only report, the reporter states "we know at least 50 investigators are working this case everyday.":
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/video/9063289-home-surveillance-video-reviewed-in-saginaw-child-death/

From my understanding, the FBI were there at the request of SPD and there was mention of the FBI's deployment of a new team to collect & preserve evidence from high profile cases in this video:
http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news?fId=213940401&fPath=/news/local/&fDomain=10247

TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw Timeline and Media Links *NO DISCUSSION* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

July 3rd, this was published with the quote from Ing.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/07/03/4980912/911-call-i-think-its-a-little.html

Then yesterday, July 5th, in this video only report, the reporter states "we know at least 50 investigators are working this case everyday.":
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/video/9063289-home-surveillance-video-reviewed-in-saginaw-child-death/

From my understanding, the FBI were there at the request of SPD and there was mention of the FBI's deployment of a new team to collect & preserve evidence from high profile cases in this video:
http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news?fId=213940401&fPath=/news/local/&fDomain=10247

TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw Timeline and Media Links *NO DISCUSSION* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

''which includes investigators from the police departments in Arlington, Benbrook, Euless and Grand Prairie and the sheriff’s departments in Parker, Tarrant and Wise counties.''''

Bizarre ........ if you look at where all those counties and towns are you will see a GIANT chunk of land. It says they are part of a Tarrant Co investigative team but that they are from so many different cities and counties OUTSIDE of Tarrant co. is curious for sure. What is going on?

ETA I guess what I mean is can we read anything in by the towns that comprise this team ? Or is it just that for example a really good forensic investigator is from Grand Prairie so he is part of the TEAM and a really good interrogator is from Parker County so she is a part of the team and NOT having anything to do with jurisdiction. Any ideas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member