George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin Discussion Thread #10 Mon. July 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
hate the "OK" at the end of each answer. Sure wish Juan was the Prosecutor here.

Well, I was trying to avoid this trial like that plague but my love for the justice system overwhelmed me and I've just now started watching opening statements. Perhaps I can catch up, though probably not. The verdict will probably come down before I can reach day 3! LOL

Have a good one all!

If you want a summary (with video links of testimony highlights) you can pull up this Attorneys blog. He is doing daily coverage including all of the relevant points (he is obviously pro-self defense and has written a book about it).

http://legalinsurrection.com/tag/george-zimmerman-trial/

Exasperated can mean both impatient (I'm tired of this!) and angry- in fact that combo of feelings is when exasperated is the perfect choice.
We can't kow the emotion behind every word, but GZ did appear to express displeasure that "punks" always got away. I think it's a very reasonable assumption.

But he did not sound angry when he said it. He just sounded like.. " Ugh again..?"

To me.

To me a punk is someone who is breaking the law or has complete disregard for the law. Nothing more...

JMO

I know, right? I have tons to do and hear I am on WS. WS, "I wish I knew how to quit you." :floorlaugh: IMO

:) Another week of crock-pot meals and slip-shod cleaning :)

After Trayvon was shot, she heard GZ was out from work sick and then heard he was out on FMLA????

IMO, by age 28, most of us have heard our own recorded voice. We know how it sounds and we know it sounds different on tape than to our naked ear. GZ, IMO, would have recognized those wails as his own. He said that doesn't sound like me.

All of the above is IMO.

Have you ever listened to your own voice on tape and say- that doesn't even sound like me! I have.

You KNOW that its you but it just doesn't sound like you.

I believe that is what gz meant- we've all said it when we heard our voices for the first time. They are making a big deal because its a trial. moo

Speaking of bad language- how many times have kids walked across your flower garden or someone bang your car in the parking lot and you might have said- those freakin brats or~ that a__ just messed up my car door? Its a term of disgust when people get away with bad acts-

No difference in this situation. moo

With all due respect, there's a huge difference since a life was taken and TM committed no crime whatsoever according to the lead detective.IMO
http://www.news-press.com/article/2...live-Zimmerman-trial-resumes?odyssey=nav|head

Prosecutors look bizarre with the hostile approach to these witnesses, as if they're all lying?

In My Opinion

Just wondering how many are going through this trial as I am. Listening to the case only and testimony and not the shows and TH and waiting for the trial to lead them to a verdict?

I know, right? I have tons to do and hear I am on WS. WS, "I wish I knew how to quit you." :floorlaugh: IMO

I know! I totally dedicated entirely too much of my time to the Arias trial and vowed to step away from the Websleuths and here the heck I am.

SMH

Intervention needed! :help:

I call my co-workers *advertiser censored**-h***s everyday. Hope I don't go to jail for it.

I know. It's absurd imo. Who likes criminals, anyway. I think effing a-holes fits the bill quite nicely. jmo

Not necessarily true.. I sing.. or did.. Whenever I heard a recording, depending on acoustics and time of day, I did not always hear me...

I think it is subjective and there is no way to make a positive judgment on this.

OMO

I think most people have had the experience of hearing their own voice on a recording and thinking "is that really me?". That is how I took his statement - and honest one - that it didn't sound like he perceived himself to sound.

The Ostermans really rub me the wrong way. Can't really put my finger on it specifically, but I just don't like their manner. Sorry... watching HLN. I'm sure they've moved on in real time.

Yes it is - despite much disinformation in the media about "Stand Your Ground" he is not claiming that but self-defense.

I don't know much about these sorts of things, but doesn't the defense have to prove that he acted in self defense? I know in most cases the prosecution has to prove their case, but I thought in self defense cases the defense has the burden of proof? Is that why they are asking everyone if the screams are GZ? Since nobody can prove it is GZ screaming...how does that count (assuming that is all they have to prove their case with)?

Just wondering how many are going through this trial as I am. Listening to the case only and testimony and not the shows and TH and waiting for the trial to lead them to a verdict?

That is what I'm doing. Again, I dedicated 90% of my time to the Arias trial, all of the talking head shows, all of the testimony, then when the trickery of the defense would come along and we'd surprisingly have a day off of court, I'd be watching more talking heads talking about what the talking heads were talking about the day before and how the talking heads were going to talk more about anything there was to talk about....ugh.

Not this time. The case, the whole case, and nothing but the case. I still haven't formed a firm opinion about Zimmerman's guilt or innocence...I'm going to make a determination of whether or not the state proves upon their burden that Zimmerman is guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaid28