George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin Discussion Thread #10 Mon. July 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get how if TM was running, per the 9-11 call, how GZ could have caught him, unless GZ has superhuman speed. Makes no sense imo. If TM wanted to get away he would have, easily imo.

because george was driving.That's when Trayvon cut between the buildings and GZ got out of the car and ran after him.

I cannot imagine the defense having one witness after another testify that is tis GZ's voice screaming, pleading for help in the 911 call. I hope they have more than that, because as a juror, I would find this absurd as well as comical.

There is going to be experts that are going to show that the bullet can only be fired from the position that GZ was claiming. Among other people.

unfortunately cursing is part of a lot of people's every day vernacular. My cousin who I love dearly and who has two young children has the biggest potty mouth around and uses s**t, *advertiser censored**, ******, (no need to go on, you get my drift) in every day conversational tone when discussing all types of situation.

I just do not subscribe that these words in the tone that I heard can be construed as ill will, hatred and depravity

IMO

I cannot imagine the defense having one witness after another testify that is tis GZ's voice screaming, pleading for help in the 911 call. I hope they have more than that, because as a juror, I would find this absurd as well as comical.

And as a "juror" who is only going by the trial and nothing else, I see it as telling that so many people think it is GZ. OMO

GZ doesn't need to know his own voice, he should know if he was the one screaming like he told the police, who else could have been screaming? Oh, maybe TM? They were the only two going at it.

What kind of fight have you ever seen where the guy who is sitting on top, delivering blows to the guy on the bottom, is yelling help?

Do you live in a high crime area? Because that would be comparable.

We had 1 home robbery and 3 car break-ins in my neighborhood in the past week. The next neighborhood over had 5 car robberies over 2 days. Is that considered high crime?

BTW, LE thinks it is teens doing this. Still doesn't make me suspicious of a teen boy wearing a hoodie walking in the rain in the evening. IMO.

Just wondering how many are going through this trial as I am. Listening to the case only and testimony and not the shows and TH and waiting for the trial to lead them to a verdict?

*IMO*
I would venture to guess the majority of WS's discussing in these threads are doing exactly the same as you.
I have not watched any MSM about this case at all. I think even the people here who do watch are well aware of how media is biased one way or the other. I would not assume anyone here is brainwashed by either sides version of media.

I did watch HLN during Arias, but even then I did not take what anyone said as being the holy grail of truth (including pro TA guests). With GZ I do not bother with media, the case is too polarizing.

*IMO*

I think the Judge needs to recess and hand everybody in there a bar of soap after all this cursing :)

because george was driving.That's when Trayvon cut between the buildings and GZ got out of the car and ran after him.

But where he parked and got out was 70 yards or more from where TM was at his dad's GF house... TM then went back to where GZ was. Not the other way around....

That is based on evidence in the case... and partial opinion.

Nobody can explain this. It is a fact that TM stopped running at some point. The question is there is no physical way he kept on going in a straight line and wind up where he did.

I think the logical and obvious conclusion is that TM came back to confront GZ. I don't think he was scared, he was angry. He even could have called 9-11 if he was so scared.

unfortunately cursing is part of a lot of people's every day vernacular. My cousin who I love dearly and who has two young children has the biggest potty mouth around and uses s**t, *advertiser censored**, ******, (no need to go on, you get my drift) in every day conversational tone when discussing all types of situation.

I just do not subscribe that these words in the tone that I heard can be construed as ill will, hatred and depravity

IMO

I agree that some people use that in everyday language and don't even realize it. It is just part of their voculabary. If someone heard me say those words in an everyday conversation, they would think I had lost my mind!

JMO

Toward the end of the discussion, Serino says, "help me, help me". Why would he want GZ to help him? I can think of only one reason. mo

He wasn't asking for GZ's help, he was playing the 911 tape and in the background you can hear "help me, help me". GZ said he was yelling for help.. Hope this makes sense :blushing:

Isn't his job to make it seem to the jury like there is a chance they are lying? And honestly, how do we know they are not lying? I would not testify to something if I wasn't absolutely sure it was fact, and so how can these people be so sure when it can't be proven as GZ's voice? This is so odd.

I think the reason the defense if putting on these people who think it is GZ is because the prosucution put on the family members who thought is was TM. One is to cancel out the other. The expert said people maybe could identify a person they knew well, but their opinion might be skewed. I say that is exactly what is happening. IMO

Good idea. And hopefully he won't start any altercations either imo.

It's a sad world we live in when teen boys need to worry so much about what others think of them so that they should be worried about being shot walking to their friends' house. IMO.

I wish the defense would just save time and ask their witnesses right off the bat if the voice they heard was GZ's, then no more questions. What's the point!

He wasn't asking for GZ's help, he was playing the 911 tape and in the background you can hear "help me, help me". GZ said he was yelling for help.. Hope this makes sense :blushing:

I see what you are saying, but I took it as Serino asking GZ to make his job easier.

I cannot make myself believe that a full grown man that is aware he is armed, trained in MMA, with one ready to go in the chamber would be wailing for help. Totally unbelievable to me, seems the helpless one, the one without the weapon and/or training would be the one wailing.

But where he parked and got out was 70 yards or more from where TM was at his dad's GF house... TM then went back to where GZ was. Not the other way around....

That is based on evidence in the case... and partial opinion.

he went back and asked him why he was following him and if he had a problem.

I was just thinking, if his stepmother was the one who essentially raised him, why wouldn't the prosecution have called her to testify that it s his screaming on the 911 tape?

I agree that some people use that in everyday language and don't even realize it. It is just part of their voculabary. If someone heard me say those words in an everyday conversation, they would think I had lost my mind!

JMO

same here actually. I'm very blech about cursing myself and am always saying to my husband "filter!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname