George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin Discussion Thread #10 Mon. July 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
THANK YOU. I logged in specifically to say thank you for this. I'm so very tired of people claiming TM was violent based on some totally unverified tweets, but who will completely ignore GZ's actual police record that documents a history of violent actions. It's completely frustrating.

Yes it is. The GZ IS Almost A Saint Defense simply won't wash. IMO

IMO the individual pounding someone's head into concrete is the aggressor. How long are you supposed to withstand your head being bashed in?

IMO - GZ's wounds hardly suggest his head was "pounded into the payment". I have never believed it. I think the aggressor is the person who got out of their vehicle, was told not to follow yet did so anyway, and clearly stated they weren't gong to allow these &#^@$$@- to get away. :twocents:

There is no evidence to suggest that Trayvon made it back to his father's house. There is no evidence that Trayvon doubled back and confronted GZ. That is opinion and speculation, not fact. GZ was following Trayvon, according to GZ's own words to LE. Everything is MOO and facts on the tape.

RJ's testimony, the state's "star" witness, places TM in the backyard of the house he was staying out. So he would have had to double back to meet up with GZ. It is testimony, which makes it evidence.

GZ parked he truck. Walked out onto the sidewalk that crossed the housing section past the T and back. That was still relatively close to his car and where the fight took place and TM was shot.

TM's father's Gf's home, where TM eaid he was, Before the phone cut out was 70 yards away.. The phone cuts out she calls him back.. He answers and all of a sudden he says " What are you following me for.?"

GZ was still in the general area of his truck waiting for Police and that is where the fight took place. If GZ had found TM where he was waiting next to HIs dad's gf's house, The whole event would have happened right there and that is where they would have found TM.

OMO

Waiting in the general area? How many feet is general area IYO?

Yes it is. The GZ IS Almost A Saint Defense simply won't wash. IMO

I certainly don't see a saint there. Not at all. But if you are going to put someone on trial for murder you should be able to prove it to put them in prison.

I am all for them showing me this horrible murder but it is not there. I want to see it.. I want to be convinced.. But the evidence is just not there.

OMO

GZ parked he truck. Walked out onto the sidewalk that crossed the housing section past the T and back. That was still relatively close to his car and where the fight took place and TM was shot.

TM's father's Gf's home, where TM eaid he was, Before the phone cut out was 70 yards away.. The phone cuts out she calls him back.. He answers and all of a sudden he says " What are you following me for.?"

GZ was still in the general area of his truck waiting for Police and that is where the fight took place. If GZ had found TM where he was waiting next to HIs dad's gf's house, The whole event would have happened right there and that is where they would have found TM.

OMO

BBM, So you are saying he was waiting for the police at the T, in the dark while it was raining?

Where are the mayor and city mgr?

Testimony IS evidence. RJ testified that TM told her he was at his father and step mother's house.

Funny how people want to take one thing she said as gospel, yet they are unwilling to believe anything else she says. :facepalm: Regardless, Rachel had no idea how close Trayvon was to his home, being "close" to home doesn't mean he was within feet of the house. Also, if someone is following you, you never, ever, ever allow the stranger to know where you live. :twocents:

I listened to the tape and in GZ's own words, he clearly states he is the one doing the following. That to me is evidence.

I am a licensed gun owner and I live in a very high crime urban area. I purchased my weapons for home defense but I would definitely carry if I could. Unfortunately, it's not legal where I live.

We live in an extremely rural area, response time can be up to 20 to 30 minutes depending upon where deputies might be at the time. And home invasion type crimes happen on occasion. We have, in the past, had occasion to get our guns in the middle of the night, when our automatic garage door opened. I would have felt extremely vulnerable without my gun.

I just wonder what GZ would have done/reported/etc. if this was a female instead of a male. Same clothing style, same mannerisms, etc., but a girl. I bet he would have kept on driving. Why was Trayvon Martin so suspicious to him that he felt the need to CHASE HIM?! IMO.
And I agree... that GZ couldn't have been so fearful and suspicious since he didn't call the emergency line. Just like he couldn't have been so terribly injured or in fear of being injured that he didn't get seen at the hospital that night. JMO.

The benefit of the doubt should go to the victim (the dead one), not the person who killed them, until that person proves why they killed them. Just like many think the prosecution did not prove their case, GZ's defense has not provided enough to prove theirs either so far. IMO
because of all the recent break ins, IMO

If using bad language is a reflection of a person's character, what does the "filth" on TM and Rachel Jeantel's twitter and Facebook pages say about their characters? I'm genuinely curious to know why you would apply this standard to GZ but not to TM or RJ.
exacty imo

Cursive is indeed taught in Florida public schools.
not here in sarasota.

Ah the former police chief....forced to resign as he stood up to the rev sharpton etal IMO
ole rev should not have been involved nor do I think Obama should have commented. imo

Maybe to point out that he has changed his story and it doesn't match the detectives' testimony imo. I really don't know.

Was Tracy Martin's original reaction/statement videotaped? It doesn't appear that it was.

IMO, despite the two officers' testimony, there is no way to affirm that what they recall having seen/heard, is what they factually saw/heard. Conversely, there is also no way to ascertain what Tracy Martin factually said upon hearing the 911 tape.

Memories are fallible. If I was a juror, I wouldn't give any more weight to the officers' testimony than I would to Tracy Martin's, regarding his alleged reactions to whose screams for help were heard on the 911 tape.

Is anyone watching live steam of police chief's testimony?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member