GUILTY CA - Terry Smith, 11, autistic, Menifee, 6 July 2013

Hypothetically speaking, what medications are prescribed for autism? Are these meds something that can be ‘abused’?

From my experience there are a few type of medications they can use for children with autism. One is abilify it is to help their temper. I was offered it for my son, but we did not use it. He's also said to have ADHD and there's lots of meds out there for that. Some which could be abused.

I also agree with folks wondering why she didn't check on him. If you have a severely autistic child I would think you would check on them often. As I stated my son is not on the severe end but I am always checking on him to see what he is up to, when he's asleep, etc.

It's strange how we know what's coming yet still feel horror and even shock when the announcement is made.

I knew Terry was dead once they began digging at his house, but logging on and seeing it confirmed that a little body was found caused me to involuntarily say, "Oh no." Why is that? Why does that happen?

Perhaps we just want so much for there to be a different ending that we grasp on to even impossible hope.

When I first heard of this story, the first thing that came to mind is the brother. I don't know why, I hadn't even seen anything on him other than his story about him telling Terry to go home. Then, I saw the Mom in the media, and I had additional thoughts about her, the home, and other things.

Listened to the scanner the other night..and something was just off with the police and the night searches, won't bring it up here.

I am so sick that my gut was right...

I am sick for these helpless, innocent children.

I don't want to be right anymore. :(

From my experience there are a few type of medications they can use for children with autism. One is abilify it is to help their temper. I was offered it for my son, but we did not use it. He's also said to have ADHD and there's lots of meds out there for that. Some which could be abused.

Thank you.
if his cause of death were accidental, why manipulate the truth?
if he died is one thing, if he was killed another thing, but now its murder charges, a whole nother ballgame!
jmo

Has this been posted? It's from KTLA - Terry's Aunt Tracy's Interview. Speaks to his conditions. Press begging her to have Mom give a statement prior to body being discovered. It's sad when the community has more emotion than the family. MOO God Bless the Searchers!! They really did try!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toxE8CFs4GY&feature=youtu.be

**for some reason I can't put this youtube here..only the link. :banghead:

I still haven't seen any independent verification of the last time he was seen by someone other than the family :( and ive followed this one pretty closely.

The last I have seen is the people who said they saw him in church on Wednesday the 3rd.
I have been looking for another later one but haven't seen it. :seeya:

I need to take a break from this one! I have such strong opinions on this one!
Fwiw. ..
mom is going to lose 2 sons if she doesnt step up!
jmo

This is what I was trying to say sarcastically in my post that how would his dad who he lived until I believe in this last year not know? Plus the teachers at his school? I would like to know if the Autism diagnoses was just made up recently or if they had been telling people that for awhile since he has been living there? If very recently like when they reported him missing then that would suggest they were trying to get people to believe he wandered off.

I hope I am making sense.... I have ADD and the later it gets the less my brain works.

When I read the report about the dad and 2 teachers refuting the autism claim, I had thought it may have been made up to get more people involved in the search. It hadn't occurred to me that it would be used the way you are suggesting. That would be really low. I am going to defer my opinion.

Has this been posted? It's from KTLA - Terry's Aunt Tracy's Interview. Speaks to his conditions. Press begging her to have Mom give a statement prior to body being discovered. It's sad when the community has more emotion than the family. MOO God Bless the Searchers!! They really did try!

Well she gave the info that he was high functioning and has aspergers. Exactly like my son.

Wow. This is rather telling imo. Thanks for posting.

I need to take a break from this one! I have such strong opinions on this one!
Fwiw. ..
mom is going to lose 2 sons if she doesnt step up!
jmo

I wonder if she cares, JMO.

When I read the report about the dad and 2 teachers refuting the autism claim, I had thought it may have been made up to get more people involved in the search. It hadn't occurred to me that it would be used the way you are suggesting. That would be really low. I am going to defer my opinion.

At first I thought or still have some hope that dad never had him correctly diagnosed and mom did. My post was thinking that if all of sudden they just started saying that then you are right that would be low..... I like your thoughts much better than my own. Mine came about from the 7 year old autistic child Michael Kingsbury found in a car, then seeing all the other autistic children that have gone missing from wandering.

Found Deceased DC - Michael Kingsbury, 7, NE Washington DC, 7 Jul 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If this comes across jerkish I am sorry not intended. Jmo.

Well she gave the info that he was high functioning and has aspergers. Exactly like my son.

Well, considering the fact that he lived with his dad until about a year ago - in a different State far, far away from these folks, how the heck could he have JUST been diagnosed with this in the past "year," at 10????

I mean really, he was in school there and in CA. He must have been as high functioning as me - and I am not ADHD, autistic on any spectrum, PTSD, etc. Jeeze, whatever happened to active kids??? JMO

I believe dad and former teachers, JMO, and this "description" of Terry has nefarious reasons behind it, JMO.

I totally agree...it wasn't until the first night of searching for this boy that my son and I were driving on Bundy Canyon Rd and discovered the search in progress. I will never forget the look of one of the searchers who stopped our car to hand us a flier and I just knew then...this wasn't going to end well.

It was such a different feeling to actually be in this area at the time of the searching vs. just viewing it online or from a TV.

I will never forget this...heartbreaking! :(

I'm really sorry you had to experience that. It surely must be much more intense than watching on t.v. It brings it home.

I, at this point do not believe Juju was autistic.
I think it was something to cause some to think he wandered.
it is a lie imo

I am leaning that way too. It could have been done as a form of protection.

I have to say though, while there may be some issues in the family, and while it is not normal, IMO to not check on your babies the minute you get home, or to refuse to speak with the media ever or to ask your relatives not to speak with the media, some of that can be explained by the feeling that you need to protect a child. We have seen parents go to great lengths to protect their children. Look at the anthonys.

The photo below shows the involuntary body language of someone hoping for a miracle, IMO. Of someone anguished but hopeful. Of a mother needing their kid back.
missing8.jpg

(Mother on the left). http://www.menifee247.com/2013/07/residents-rescue-teams-search-rural-terrain-for-missing-boy.html

The posts on the Find Terry FB page were that the [16 year old relative] confessed and that's when they knew where to look for the body, IIRC.

I just can't imagine what causes a pretty typical teenager (I agree with that assessment) to murder his little sibling. That's a ton of anger.

#KCAL 9 breaking news-- the first comments from the father of missing Menifee boy Terry Smith.. and he has BIG questions to answer

https://twitter.com/WILGOREN

Menifee 24/7 ‏@menifee247 2m

Father of missing boy says police have told him remains found in a shallow grave are probably those of his son. http://fb.me/2F0pz5YIp

https://twitter.com/menifee247

Well Terry's mom is not the other boy's mom, right? Is he the son of her live in gf? Or is that still who knows ? I was wondering if the livein gf is the step sons' bio mom, then she may have stepped in to protect her son......

Okay, I'm late to this, though am trying to piece things together just now. Am I clear on the fact that (re the Youtube video link above) the Aunt talking in the video is the sister of the "mom" who is too upset to speak? But that the "mom" who is too upset to speak with media is in fact the partner of the bio mom, and there is also a bio dad who the child lived with at times?

I'm wondering why the non-bio partner was the one who needed a 'spokesperson' (the aunt). Seems the bio mom/dad would have longer, deeper ties to this child and be the ones the media would seek comment from. Anyone clear this up for me (so I don't have to read all these pages tonight)? TIA...

Okay, I'm late to this, though am trying to piece things together just now. Am I clear on the fact that (re the Youtube video link above) the Aunt talking in the video is the sister of the "mom" who is too upset to speak? But that the "mom" who is too upset to speak with media is in fact the partner of the bio mom, and there is also a bio dad who the child lived with at times?

I'm wondering why the non-bio partner was the one who needed a 'spokesperson' (the aunt). Seems the bio mom/dad would have longer, deeper ties to this child and be the ones the media would seek comment from. Anyone clear this up for me (so I don't have to read all these pages tonight?) TIA...

I got that the lady speaking was the sister of the bio-mom's partner?

The pepper tree. I wonder why there was a fence around it. Did they bury other things there? Like pets, maybe?

33n98jq.jpg

Was it LE that fenced it maybe?

I felt from the beginning that this one would probably have a sad ending with family involvement. I don't know of many mothers that would not check on a child that young when they returned home from a night out. Even so, I tried to hold onto some hope and shared the missing poster on fb. I had that same why and how feeling regardless. In a way, I hope I always find things this horrific to be shocking (if that makes sense).

BBM
I agree. I didn't want to be seen as bashing the mother, but I did find it odd that the times were from 7:30 pm until late morning. That is a long stretch of time. Usually, a parent will at least 'peek in' to an 11 yr old's room to check on things like lights being left on, computers on their bed, etc, before they go to bed themselves. I just found it odd that no one checked on this young kid, especially given his supposed diagnosis. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back