George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The yellow spot is the location of his body when police arrived.
There is no eye witness that saw Trayvon at his Dad's house.
Some believe BY meant AT. It did not. It meant BY. Why would a conversation take place telling him to "run" if he was already AT?

RJ testified that TM told her he was 'behind' his daddy's house. Now, that yellow line never goes behind his 'daddy's house so are we now saying that RJ's testimony is not verified? Was TM lying to RJ when he said he was 'behind'?

You bet there will be an appeal. MOO.

Judge Nelson suggests that is what the irately rude West should do, fully knowing that she is covering ALL the bases so that he will have nada to appeal.

In all other cases, the lawyers Object to the opposing lawyers...But West thinks it's protocol to Object to the Court itself....which is also known as Contempt...IMO

She has given him fair warning.IMO

Now he continues to drone on and on about how he wants the Judge to instruct the Jury...no respect for the Court or women . IMO

But assault is. Key point. Zimmerman was attacked at the T where he dropped his keys.

Who besides GZ testified they saw GZ was attacked at the T?
I believe he dropped his keys to unholster his weapon and use two hands to slide the barrel, loading the gun with a bullet into the chamber.
or to later to fabricate the crime scene evidence

What is with the word 'daddy' in reference to TM's father? Is it yet another way to portray TM as a small kid or a term often used by his family?

It is the exact wording given in court testimony and therefore legal and appropiate. You cannot change the wording of a witness' testimony.IMO

The State has reached an all time low. Child Abuse???? seriously???

I hope they all lose their jobs and i hope George goes free and starts sueing everyone.

jmo

Are there any legal professionals who can explain how the pros. could add a charge now? Wouldn't this potentially have changed the defense's arguments, etc? How do you defend/have a fair trial against a charge added at the last minute?
I am not a lawyer, but I've worked for them. The definition of lesser included says:
A lesser included offense shares some, but not all, of the elements of a greater criminal offense. Therefore, the greater offense cannot be committed without also committing the lesser offense. For example, Manslaughter is a lesser included offense of murder, assault is a lesser included offense of rape, and unlawful entry is a lesser included offense of Burglary.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Lesser+Included+Offense

Of course, IMO, matters at law are not all that simple,so argument is being made now.

It is the exact wording given in court testimony and therefore legal and appropiate. You cannot change the wording of a witness' testimony.IMO

Oh ok. Good to know. Thanks.

Asking 'what are you doing here' is not against the law and not reason to assault someone.

There are a lot of things that are not against the law but still can provoke anger or discord or ill feelings. A husband can cheat on his wife, or vice versa which is not against the law but look at what can happen. I'm just using that as an example of "not against the law but not a good idea to do. I can go out and provoke someone into a fight to the point of where they may even throw the 1st punch, then I get my butt kicked, kill them in self defense and have wounds to prove it, and yet I come out like the victim? Did I play a part in that? Yes, I did. I provoked someone, I may have even pushed that person but no one saw it. Hope this makes sense :)

Who besides GZ testified they saw GZ was attacked at the T?
I believe he dropped his keys to unholster his weapon and use two hands to slide the barrel, loading the gun with a bullet into the chamber.
or to later to fabricate the crime scene evidence

And the evidence presented at trial that leads you to that opinion is… what? JMO. OMO. MOO.

IMO...George should walk, he has done nothing wrong....I have viewed this trail with an open mind, both families race's represent my family!
OT
First off, I am armed 99% of the time (I am a pretty tiny older white woman), I also have a large German Rotti with me almost everywhere we go! I have never harmed anyone in my life, but it would be a mistake to come after me or mine! If I see someone odd in my neighborhood, I walk the dog out and watch them.....remember I am also probably carrying!
I have 3 grown children of mixed race, that have mixed even further with their children! Anyone of my 3 children (1 is a girl), could have handed GZ his *advertiser censored** in a minute, GZ was a thin/fat guy with no muscle at all! Anyone of my children would have called the police if someone where following them, and they felt fear! If the person attacked they had better be armed, because GZ would have lost even against my daughter! At 17 I did not see my kids as children, nor do I see my grandkids at that age as children! My husband joined the Marines on his 17th birthday, all 3 of my kids joined right after they graduated high school!
My oldest son is a youth pastor, at 6'4, 330 lbs in great shape...with a ponytail, long beard.....I would follow him in a minute if he were walking around my neighborhood, he is a scary looking dude! The teens love him, and that is all he cares about...if you look close you will see all the tattoo's are about Christ, but from a distance of less then 6 feet, he'll scare ya!

I'm heading to the liquor store - maybe a stiff drink will settle my stomach.

Is anyone else overwhelmed by the irony of the state trying to claim child abuse when the "child" was the one assaulting the defendant? JMO. OMO. MOO.

BBM: I had to put in my :twocents: when I read this ...

TM was a 17 YEAR OLD -- and a 17 YEAR OLD is NOT a "child" ...

And IF the situation were "reversed" -- TM would have been tried as an "adult" ...

IN MY OPINION ... JMO ... MOO ...

:moo::moo::moo:

It's suspicious because the same people say TM was afraid when the evidence does not bear that out. Not one pro-supported can explain how it's possible that TM could be in the back of his fathers house, talking to RJ and then wind up near the T. RJ never testified she heard running away or anything like that, she heard a scuffle. There is a 2 minute gap in RJ's testimony, what was TM doing during all that time if he was scared? Walking in a circle? Not according to RJ, he was in the back of his fathers house.

If someone was following me in a vehicle, I would choose a path where the vehicle can't follow. I would also be hesitant about crossing the street again and encountering the creepy person in the vehicle.

Trayvon seems to have done exactly that. He took the path behind the condos instead of continuing on the street. But taking that path ment he had to cross the street once more before reaching his destination. Where he is likely to run into the guy that is following him again. TM slows down to avoid a confrontation.

We know the GZ got out of his vehicle and it sounds like he started running. Shortly afterwards, there is what sounds like the crunch of gravel underfoot. This is all consistent with GZ cutting between two of the condo units and showing up in front of TM. The items dropped along the path, between TM's destination and where TM's body are consistent with an initial confrontation south of where TM's body was found.

George sees TM as a burglar and a criminal, one of those ******* who always get away. He is going to make sure that doesn't happen this time.

Note that GZ has not actually witnessed TM committing a crime.

Just an FYI, Listening to trials makes it easier to Sift flour and make cake flour...
;)

Does anyone else find it ironic that the state that could not convict Casey Anthony of child abuse is now going to go after GZ on that charge?

I think if they had found the little girl's body shot by a gun fired by her mother, they could have convicted her...I listened carefully this morning and found there are many many facets of felony child abuse...and haven't heard yet that GZ will face that charge. IMO

That angle is very misleading! Look at the actual maps, crime scene photos and watch the walk thru with George & police on YouTube. The body is much closer to the T than this angle shows. I'm not trying to be difficult, but you are looking at some very "skewed" information from people who are trying to make it look like the body was half way down the path and simple facts show that he wasn't. Brandy Green's home was all the way at the other end. He was not standing next to his home when this happened.

IMO

Photos can easily be skewed by using different mm lenses. And that was done here to show Trayvon farther from the T than he was.

ON SOME PHOTOS I HAVE SEEN...not all!!

IN MY OPINION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members