George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
UGH. How did she rule on that issue because my feed locked up! TIA

You are correct. He didn't need to go home but he did need to keep his fists to himself. imo

And if he used his fists because he felt threatened and needed to defend himself...? IMO

Sad that people forget Trayvon was a child, defined by US Law....not by anything else. The prejudice against him is breathtaking in that Court Room. IMO

I think it's sad that the state wants to argue that a tree beat-up George Zimmerman, and not Martin. What is this, Wizard of OZ?

IMO

For those that missed the Tricia's True Crime Radio Wed July 10th.
There were some very good questions and perspectives, as well as a very interesting phone call & thoughts on the TM case by Smoking Joe Frazier's grandaughter.
Defense Attorney Mickey Sherman joins us along with Sheryl McCollum to discuss the latest events in the Zimmerman trial.

Tricia's True Crime Radio Wed July 10th 9 PM Eastern

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215456"]Tricia's True Crime Radio Wed July 10th 9 PM Eastern - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Where is O'Mara? Of all the days he is needed today is the day! I am just glad West hasn't peeved the judge off to the point of a contempt charge. :)

IMO.

Judge just disallowed one of the Prosecution's items in the jury instruction!

JMO

The question that has not surfaced in the courtroom -- the elephant in the room -- is this: Did Martin fear for his life after being followed and confronted by a stranger while going to the store to buy candy and a soft drink? Was he, Martin, justified in standing his ground and defending himself when this stranger, an apparent stalker, approached him in a threatening manner?
Zimmerman didn't identify himself and never said he was part of the neighborhood watch group.
Think about it: We're told over and over that if Zimmerman was afraid of Martin, according to Florida law, he had the right to put a bullet in the chamber of his concealed handgun, get out of his car after being told not to by the 911 dispatcher and follow and confront Martin and shoot him to death.
At the same time, we are told that Martin, who had far greater reason to fear Zimmerman, practically and for reasons of American history, did not have the right to confront his stalker, stand his ground and defend himself, including by using his fists. We are told that this was entirely unjustified and by doing so, Martin justified his own execution.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/11/opinion/francis-zimmerman-trial/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

One very honest question:
I know that all law abiding, mentally sound adults have a right to carry a concealed weapon, in Florida but I must ask...
What is the motivation...why do people feel the need to arm themselves with a CONCEALED weapon (to the grocery store, to the car wash, to the dog park, to the whatever)....What the heck do they fear so much that they need to carry a weapon everywhere except the bar, court rooms, police departments, banks, etc?

I ask WHY?

To be honest, I don't think it matters. I think some people just like guns and have a legal right to carry them.

I think it's sad that the state wants to argue that a tree beat-up George Zimmerman, and not Martin. What is this, Wizard of OZ?

IMO

It would be funny if a man's life wasn't on the line. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Actually it is always available under Florida's Murder 2 with which he is charged and it's called Felony Child Abuse, Murder 2 and can be applied in cases where the Victim is under 18 years of age.IMO

Doesn't matter....it is an erroneous charge and top that with the prosecuton KNOWING this case was only charged out of political pressure. Extreme cruelty on the part of the prosecution. IMO!

Is it common for the judge to add sentences other than the ones he prosecution originally went for???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many Judges add or subtract charges at the request of either side.
The court ruling on Third Degree Felony Murder is still pending....

If he was a responsible gun owner, he didn't carry with a round in the chamber.
If his arms were pinned and/ or only had use of one at any time it takes two hands on his 9mm to put a round in the chamber to slide the barrel. He couldn't have.

So, according to your statement it is better to be a responsible *dead* gun owner than an irresponsible *alive and breathing* gun owner.

IMO, I'll go with *alive and breathing* every time!

I never said he didn't have the right to carry, and yes, it would bother me if someone was carrying a gun in the store just because he can, concealed or not.

The point is, there are laws that allow carry conceal weapons. It's not those people that you need to be concerned with. There are far more people that we come in contact with that don't have a permit that worries me. The crazy people that just open fire in a McDonalds worries me. Those victims were sitting ducks. Nobody should have a gun in public places, but as long as the criminals are doing it, the playing field should be leveled. I know if I were sitting in a restaurant, and some idiot started shooting, I'd pray a "good guy" with a gun was sitting next to me.

Wow I did not hear about the felony child abuse charge being added or possibly being added. That is ridiculous. I feel like the jury needs to know before the trial starts what sentences are possible that way they can decide which level of guilt during the trial and also the defense can model their case. This is crazy. And what happened is not child abuse, he and no idea how old TM was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest, I don't think it matters. I think some people just like guns and have a legal right to carry them.

I think that the whole idea behind CCW permits is to give citizens the ability to defend themselves if attacked, just like what happened in this case.. MOO.

So the prosecution failed in every attempt to prove GZ guilty and now they want to add felony child abuse? Get any kind of conviction at all costs? I am sick to my stomach and just livid? Even the former chief of police said he was told to arrest GZ whether there was probable cause or not.

I am deeply disappointed that the judge didn't squash this in a nano second.

Agree about being livid. I just took another blood pressure pill.

Ah DGC. Good to *see* you. And we agree in this case also. :)

:seeya: Nice to see ya as well !

I heard that Closing Arguments will be either today or tomorrow, so I decided to "peek" here to see what is going on ...

:seeya: And hello to everyone !

IMO !

Scary isn't it? The prosecution is doing their best to divide this country.

This case has made me realize how political Florida has become and with no signs of becoming less so...and how in the end, jury instructions are VERY important.

Why so many dirty tricks by prosecutors if they have a solid case??

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member