George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the person on top, Zimmerman said that after he shot Trayvon, he got on top of Trayvon and stretched out his hands because he thought that Trayvon had something in his hand when he was hitting him. Do you think maybe this is when the people saw Zimmerman on top? At least one witness said that only one person got up-- the one on top. Then the person on top started walking back and forth. Then the neighbor came out with a flashlight. Trayvon's pants had grass stains on the knees. George's clothing had grass stains on the back.

If the jury goes by the law, they have to assume that Trayvon started the fight because there is no evidence that suggests who started it. If there are two possible outcomes, one that suggests guilt and the other that suggests innocence, the jury has to go with the one that suggests innocence.
I agree with one exception. IMO starting a fight should not be an excuse for someone killing you.

How did GZ know that no one videoed the event out of one of their windows? Common sense tells me that GZ would have no way of knowing that fact. MOO.

...ah, ANYONE could have video the fight with a cell phone....and if Trayvon ran toward another street, maybe Zimmerman was looking for number not street address name.

We can have guns in our homes. Concealed carry permits are very very hard to get here. I'm thankful for that.
If I see something suspicious, I call the police and let them do their jobs.

But Linda, you are saying you would call police and yet you are assuming the police did not do their job in Sanford, Florida. Once you are a crime victim it changes your perception. Law abiding citizens don't carry weapons to do harm. They carry them to protect themselves from those who want to do them harm.

This case wasn't even taken before a grand jury for an indictment. It was charged for political reasons.

Not in evidence.

The facts show that GZ called the cops and waited while keeping an eye out for TM. Not that he was hunting him down.

TM shows poor judgment by not just going in when he was already home. HE knew that GZ was out there. All he had to do is walk in the house. However He went back to where GZ was. According to RJ and her calls and accounts and fit with GZ, It is TM that goes after where GZ was. Not the other way around.
Just interpreting what you consider evidence, differently. :)

The evidence is that there is no evidence that he did. If he had pulled the gun on TM while just standing there, Either TM would have still been standing there when police arrived, GZ shoots TM while standing and GZ does not have a scratch on him.
The fact that GZ was beaten, yelling for help on the ground shows that at this point the gun is a non issue.

No evidence is unfortunate...

But I disagree that if GZ had shown a gun TM would have just stood there and GZ would not have a mark on him.

IMO, it is equally possible, that scared to death BECAUSE he had been shown a gun, TM attacked in an effort to get away.

There is no actual evidence for either scenario....I just think that it is equally possible TM attacked because of the gun and did not just stand there waiting for GZ to do heaven knows what.

IMO, The gun could not have been a non issue because TM was killed by it.

I agree there is not enough hard evidence to convict of 2nd degree murder though.

You really didn't mean this?
What if the boy gets killed before he GETS HOME ? IMO

He had already made it to this father's fiance's condo per the State's witness & YES, I mean what I posted !!! Otherwise, it would not be on the WWW for all to see.

Facts, it's all about the facts :twocents:

MHO of course

I still think TM's twitter account (No_Limit_Nigga) and his text messages regarding fights and guns should have been allowed into testimony. It showed his mindset at the time. The prosecution portrays GZ's mindset as wanting to be a cop and that was allowed. Well TM's mindset was just as important. Rachel said she thought it was just "a fight", like no big deal. Fighting was something TM mentioned a lot in the days, weeks and months before his death. IMO MOO

That does not mean people are not walking around armed..

I honestly would rather have more citizens legally carrying than the criminals.

I'm biased, admittedly. I am speaking from the perspective of a mother of a black, tall, lanky 15 year old boy that often walks to the store.
My biggest fear right now is the thought of an armed wanna-be profiling my kid and chasing him through the streets of his neighborhood.

There is no way GZ could have know there was no video of it! Camera phones are common. People also buy IP cameras for their front door.

IMO.

There you go..

Prosectution..

"He is out there with this man and he does not take his gun out.... "

He has a right to conceal right?? "

Is he kidding me? There is nothing in this case..

From what I've read on this thread, profiling was at the very heart of this tragedy. Is that NOT race related? If it was my son, you betcha I'd cry for justice...regardless of his color. LE was very quick to accept everything that GZ said at face value. Why? The parents had every right to seek out answers and state their beliefs, IMO.

BBM I agree with your words that I bolded. In my heart, and perhaps in yours (if you're a mom), we know our kids (in my case, son). I believe TM's mother knew her son, she knew her son liked to fist-fight, and I believe in her heart she wishes TM had not started that fight that night, because it ended in his death.

SF did not want to answer honestly on the stand when asked if she was hopeful that TM's own actions didn't have anything to do with his death.

She knew. If it were my son and the evidence showed what I knew in my heart, that he had started that fight, I would accept the verdict of not guilty for GZ. Would you? All is MOO.

I don't think that BDLR talking funny helps his case with the jury. It sounds juvenile to me. MOO.

I don't know that that was TM. She said she heard Get off but listening to GZ voice I believe it was GZ saying that. Not TM. Especially when it was TM that approached GZ.

She testified that it was Trayvon! So, we are only going to believe part of her testimony, the part that might help GZ, but not the rest? IMO, not really impartial. I believe her...Trayvon RAN and told GZ to "GET OFF!" Feeling like GZ said it, is not evidence. Witness testimony and the evidence supports Trayvon telling GZ to "Get Off", which means GZ was the attacker. :moo:

There is no evidence that TM approached GZ. Why would he? He was the one running, trying to get away. Doesn't make sense. The person doing the chasing was GZ. The evidence supports it. :twocents:

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member