George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't listen to this at all. I knew all the lies would make my blood pressure go up, and I just had to double my medication a week ago.

If TM was in fear, why did he leave his home and go back to confront GZ?

The evidence shows that TM left the place he was staying, a home in Retreat View and walked to 7/11. He was shot before making it back to that house, and died about a block away.

Where did you get the idea that TM got back home first?

He.Was.Home.....
He went back to find GZ. RJ testified to that. Well, I don't believe a word she says but for those who do, that was her testimony.

I believe some of it. I do. Some of it when asked over and over she changes. And depending on who questions her. I think she has altered some of it after being exposed to crump and TM mom.

Yes. And also repeatedly calling this young man a suspect too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to mention repeatedly referring to his gun as his firearm in his police interview. I don't think I've heard anyone else call it that, except LE. IMO

a juror was seen flipping thru their notes. Comparing it to the misstated "facts" of the prosecutor perhaps? jmo

Bill Sheaffer just summed this closing argument up best on WFTV.

"Long on emotions, short on facts."

MOO.

This guy on the WFTV is wrong....Bernie de la R came back and said it was either shot or killed....And it's not expected to be verbatim, not by REAL law experts. IMO
All that condemning of the Pros's closing and the same man says " this is GZ's last 24 hours of freedom"...IMO what a <mod snip>.....has no idea what he
s talking about..reminds me of West...imo

According to CNN, the judge limited and “redacted” security cameras video. And she further blocked those who know about it from talking about it, and blocked news media from finding out about it. The security expert was allowed to give testimony about the security cameras, however, this judge would not allow him to testify as to what he saw on the videos nor would she allow all of the security camera videos be placed in evidence or shown to the jury. There were 9 cameras in the complex, 1 at the gate was broken. So what about all of the other 8.

Wow. I hadn't heard that. That would seem to me to be significant evidence. Given this Judge's overt prejudice against the defendant, I can only conclude that it supported GZ's version of events. IMO

He.Was.Home.....
He went back to find GZ. RJ testified to that. Well, I don't believe a word she says but for those who do, that was her testimony.

You can't disbelieve everything she says and then rely on the only testimony that supports your theory he made it home.

IMO

I personally do not believe BY means AT or that He didn't mean GZ in the context she said it in.
I do not give much if any credibility to second hand relayed hearsay. By either the State or the defense.

His body was not found by police at home. He did not make it there.

Trayvon told Rachel he was already at the back of the house. Instead of going in, he ended up 70 yards away from the house.

A 16 yr old can drive a car.. Not something I would let a boy do.

I think his age makes little difference because he was beating up a man. his age is irrelevant to me. His actions are what mattered.

Not to mention repeatedly referring to his gun as his firearm in his police interview. I don't think I've heard anyone else call it that, except LE. IMO

I call mine a weapon or a firearm.

I don't believe GZ went out with the intent to kill that night, nor is he a murderer. I do believe he put himself in the situation and is also not telling the truth in all this, I believe he is holding back on what really happened that night. When the State pointed out, and I never saw this until now, when GZ said "I was going back toward him", then changed it to "he was coming towards me". I believe he actually retracted that so he doesn't look "guilty". :twocents: That opened my eyes even more to GZ holding back what really happened and is lying in some instances.

Right.. and I consider and characterize my 15 year old (going on 16) as a kid.. He'll be a kid in my estimation until I feel he has become a man... It was my opinion that parenting is involved. Psychologically he (my son) is not one at this point...and in my opinion, NOT a bad thing :)
I think TM was a kid.. MOO

and I take no issue with what you call your son and I have no idea what TM's parent's called their son other than the conferences they held and may have always said "kid" or may have told him at times stop acting like a kid.... much like I can call my daughter a young lady/adult. But MY parenting is just fine, tyvm if there is an implication of that IMO

I've decided regardless of the verdict, and I do hope he's convicted. I will be able to take solace in the fact that GZ will never be truly free again.

You can't disbelieve everything she says and then rely on the only testimony that supports your theory he made it home.

IMO

yes you can. As a juror it is up to you take what you believe to be credible and dismiss what you do not find credible and it can be a part or an entire testimony or witness. That is how it works.

Worst closing...EVER! Soooo convoluted. What's with showing the jury so much text on poster boards???? I thought closings were supposed to be oral - not written. In spite of the poor performance by the prosecutor, I'm confident GZ will get his just desserts. Even if it's manslaughter it carries a hefty sentence - 20-25 years. He deserves it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl