Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe you chose to have a productive day instead of this.

I think that false report was a blessing for you! You got to go about your day without worry or suspese! lol...

LOL.... well, actually, I called my mom to discuss this with her and told her that the jury went home and she said, no, I think they are still deliberating.. I said, no mom, the people on my forum said they went home.. lol :)

Even today, GZ has appeared as if he is in a trance. That was most evident when the judge asked him if he had made his decision as to whether he would testify on his own behalf. He has a remarkable ability to "space " or "zone" out. That day it was if he woke up out of a deep sleep (or dissociative state) and said, "at this hearing." I was like "WTF, it's the real thing now George...this is your trial, man!" The judge politely said, "in this TRIAL."

It is most bizarre how his expression rarely changes. IMO.

GZ is most likely under the spell of some meds. IMO

just an FYI Twitter
New Tweets
12s
Kathi Belich, WFTV @KBelichWFTV
The jurors' meals are here. Court is in recess for an hour. #Zimmermanon91 Retweet Expand

Me I have habit of eating vey quickly..nature of the job and just sticks with me..an hour eating for me unless wine and a date was involved would not happen

just an FYI Twitter
New Tweets
12s
Kathi Belich, WFTV @KBelichWFTV
The jurors' meals are here. Court is in recess for an hour. #Zimmermanon91 Retweet Expand

It's 7:20 pm Florida time - Does this mean the jurors will eat dinner and go home for the night or does it mean they are going to stay late? Nobody knows.

Lawyers are now saying they didn't understand the Defense attitude about Manslaughter as part of the sentence consideration because it is a mandatory inclusion in a charge of Murder 1.

IMO

What does this mean?

Here is the deal. Say if any and all of these women jurors had a teenage son shot dead. Do you think they would feel justice was served with the exact same circumstances if the shooter walks home to his family while there family member is a pine box?
Easy answer isn't it.
IMO

Just because someone is dead does not make them guilty of a crime. That has to be proven.

What your question is is all about emotion not fact or laws. All that matters is the law.

Hey Everyone,

Let's PLEASE stick to what has come up in court OK?

If we start allowing a bunch of allegations against George that happened years ago then we will open up a can of worms that will shut down this thread quicker than you can say STOP IT.

Deal?

This is why I think the manslaughter charge was meant to confuse the jury. Many times we hear of people being charged with manslaughter because they hit someone with their vehicle. Certainly that's not self-defense.

In this case, I don't believe manslaughter was a proper choice. Plus, many think if it as a lesser crime than murder, but the sentence can be just as long.

I think that one of the things that Don West argued before the judge on the issue of manslaughter was if the evidence supported it then that's what the state should have charged. Not Murder 2. It obvious to me that the reason the state over charged was to get a "compromise verdict" of manslaughter.

The state will probably get what they planned from the beginning. MOO.

Even today, GZ has appeared as if he is in a trance. That was most evident when the judge asked him if he had made his decision as to whether he would testify on his own behalf. He has a remarkable ability to "space " or "zone" out. That day it was if he woke up out of a deep sleep (or dissociative state) and said, "at this hearing." I was like "WTF, it's the real thing now George...this is your trial, man!" The judge politely said, "in this TRIAL."

It is most bizarre how his expression rarely changes. IMO.

I think he's scared to death. Everyone expresses emotions differently. Each time I watch a trial,I am amazed at how the defendant just sits there for hours, listening to people talk about them. I couldn't do it. When I am anxious, I pace. I doubt that is acceptable in a courtroom.

LOL.... well, actually, I called my mom to discuss this with her and told her that the jury went home and she said, no, I think they are still deliberating.. I said, no mom, the people on my forum said they went home.. lol :)

I know! When I realized they were still deliberating I wished I could like buzz your PC or something but then though oh well, she'll get a surprise later.

Wouldn't it be refreshing if we could have just one trial where we discussed the factual evidence and left out all the suppositions and tortured conjecture. *sigh*

It's 7:20 pm Florida time - Does this mean the jurors will eat dinner and go home for the night or does it mean they are going to stay late? Nobody knows.

Court is recessed for an hour according to the judge. She instructed the lawyers to take a dinner break. The jurors didn't say they were ready to quit - they appear as if they are planning on keeping on going.

IMO

He was given a TEN DAY SUSPENSION. That is a serious penalty for a student. And there is also a question of him possibly 'fighting' others in the recent weeks and even a text discussing buying a gun. I think the jury should have been aware of some of the computer activity. JMO

What ever happened to TM bragging about slugging a bus driver? I have a problem with all the false info being put out there about GZ, so if this is false, I apologize. Did this actually happen, or was it rumor?

"If Trayvon was overpowering GZ, then Trayvon should have been able to get the gun away from his chest and point it away from himself."

legalmania: Is there some factual knowledge upon which you base this statement, or is this just your opinion?

IMO George Zimmerman was a bit immature. At his age he wanted to become a MMA fighter when he found out he wouldn't make it past the ropes he moved on to wanting to be in LE. When he found he wouldn't qualify for that either he volunteered to be a neighborhood watch person. He ended up costing HOA 1mil plus. IMO he sounded like a kid trying to make up his mind what he wanted to do when he grew up.

I dn't think he or anyone else said he wanted to be an MMA fighter. He did it for exercise and to lose weight. The Martins are the ones who cost the HOA the money, they sued and got a huge unearned payout imo.

I know! When I realized they were still deliberating I wished I could like buzz your PC or something but then though oh well, she'll get a surprise later.

THANK YOU :blowkiss:

I go over the facts in my head a lot. I have been rethinking and watching the trial in parts where I wanted to be sure of the facts.

I see nothing but self defense. By fact and evidence.

I just do not see anything else has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Not to me anyway,

I hope at this late hour, any verdict reached is held over until tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolibery