Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
For getting out of a vehicle? None. For shooting an unarmed teenager that he followed twice and tried to apprehend (IMO) and then shot and killed? 20 years to life.

MOO
Some people get out of their vehicle and end up dead. IMO you should call 911 and then stay in your vehicle. If the suspicious person circles your vehicle, you should drive off to a safer place. But like I've said before, "I'm such a girl." :blushing:

I wanted to express that I was initially offended at JVM show when they talked about how handsome prosecutor Guy was and that he was chosen to give the rebuttal closing because he was so good looking. The panel chuckled and expressed, "especially since the jury is all women!" Seriously? Women can't think beyond a good looking man to the truth? I thought, "and that type of ignorance espoused from the mouths of my own gender?" But then again, are they right? Will a jury of women make a difference? Are they more likely to "compromise?"

I was offended too. But you never know. I think the "charms" of Jose Baez won over the CA jury. I don't think the looks of John Guy will affect this smaller jury. IMO

I need to get my bearings, jurors eating dinner, court waiting for more specific questions from the jury on manslaughter.
Is that basically where we are at?

As an example, would they make up a theory that TM doubled back to confront GZ? There's no more proof of that, IMO, than GZ forced him at gunpoint to accompany him from the back of the house he was visiting. I believe the latter is more logical than the former, since TM ran from him (Or skipped, LOL) and that indicates fear to me.

In any event, whatever the jury decides will be satisfactory to me. That's how the system works.

That is not a theory.. That has testimony that backs that up. The fact that he said he was AT the back of his daddy's house and then he is not again and back where GZ was. That proves he was home by his OWN words as per RJ and went back to the other end of the houses to see where GZ was. If he was so scared all he had to do was go in and lock the door because he told her.. " I LOST HIM."

Some facts some is OMO

i keep thinking that they feel they may be close to a verdict and that is why they are continuing late.

no idea if that is correct but it seems quite possible.

That''s what I think too.

I feel like they are still going through the evidence, being very methodical.

I could be wrong, but at this late hour, having deliberated so many hours today, they would stop for the evening instead of ordering dinner if there were adamant split votes.

This guy was talking and she cut him off said lets go to the court room but this was from earlier that they are showing. I thought it was something new going on! LOL

Oh, they must have hit the pause button. Don't worry, you aren't crazy. Nancy likes to pretend they're live when what she's reporting happened hours ago.

You may have started to notice that I am handing out time outs like candy on Halloween.

Really, on behalf of our moderators, we are done.

Time outs like water. We might end up with 3 people posting but maybe that will get the message.

Thank you.

Yes I am in a grumpy mood why do you ask?
Passing chocolate -- hope it helps. :blushing:

True, but if someone is shot by a known person who admits to the shooting, there is the expectation that he/she has to explain their actions. GZ did that in this case without taking the stand, but his explanations were in there. Legally they don't have to explain themselves, but they'll generally lose if they don't explain how the person ended up shot by their hand.

So the question of credibility comes up: We know who shot the person and caused death; we just need to make sure it was really for an excusable reason. Self-defense really is a bit different than straight murder charges. Explanations are more expected, because we know who shot someone. The why matters terribly.

Most of the best evidence the defense has in this case (imho) relies on believing GZ. It's similar to the Jodi Arias defense that way.

He did explain his actions.. over and over without a lawyer. He never ever hid from this and apologized for it in open court.

He has never run. He is right here answering the charges. He spoke over and over for this jury. The state got to pick it apart where they wanted to..

He spoke. He made his accounts clear and did so without a lawyer.

There is just no proof. No proof beyond a reasonable doubt that this was anything more than a collision of people that escalated fast and that TM beat GZ and that GZ shot to defend himself.

He did not walk up and shoot him.
He did not follow him home and shoot him.

By witness account, they were on the ground together.. No one yelling "GUN GUN... "

TM was giving GZ a beating and when GZ thought he could die, Or be seriously hurt more than he was, He shot him to protect himself.

There is no way to prove anything else. Nothing in evidence..

OMO

I know this is your opinion. But others, including me, have looked at the same evidence and do not agree with you. It's not based on emotion, it's based on facts. You just see it different, which is ok. We are all entitled to our opinions and to see the facts as we see it. Obviously, it's not as clear cut as you would like to believe with the jury.

I do not believe Trayvon "beat" GZ. I do not believe GZ shot to "protect himself". It's ok to agree to disagree. But please, stop saying I, and others, are emotional and irrational because we do not see the facts the way you see them.

Thank you. JMO, MOO and not an emotional one.

My blood pressure is elevated. Need to take a break and watch some mindless stupid tv.... Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. Lol.

Will watch Twitter for updates!

See y'all later!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All of my posts are as always MY OPINION ONLY unless a link is provided!

Nancy Grace just reported that jury has decided murder 2 is off the table.
She is wrong. She doesn't know that. Nobody knows that.

Do you think NG worries about being wrong!!! <modsnip> Lot of the THs on the other networks have opined that the jury most likely has eleminated the murder 2 charge.

JMO

Back from Wendy's and NOT in time-out.

wftv just did a sound check and made me jump.....thought something was happening.

Just thinking about how a sequestered jury must feel. Not even much they are allowed to watch on tv so might as well keep debating the issues until they are too tired. What a long month they have served.

I was stuck to this chair for most of today.....no really.....spilled some sweet ice tea and didn't realize it.....

So ready for this to be over.

Remember sitting here hoping that we did NOT get a hung jury with CA and then wishing afterwards that we had.....

Some people get out of their vehicle and end up dead. IMO you should call 911 and then stay in your vehicle. If the suspicious person circles your vehicle, you should drive off to a safer place. But like I've said before, "I'm such a girl." :blushing:

Exactly! But someone with a gun might not feel so scared...I think that's why GZ was willing to follow TM.

Sorry about the mistake. If we have a verdict tonight are you still planning on doing a show? Is there a cutoff time for you to do a show?

Please don't apologize. I'm grateful you are listening.

My cutoff time for a show is 11 PM Mountain which is 1:00 AM Eastern.

I can't do two shows in one day so I have to make sure I wrap up at Midnight my time tonight so I can do my Sunday show with Beth Karas.

Thanks for the clarification.

Do you think if your child as an adult forgot to buckle their seatbelt and was struck and seriously injured by a teenage drunk driver in a car accident, your child was "breaking the law" and had no recourse to recoup damages from the other driver or the other driver should not be held criminally liable due to your child's negligence? Both seatbelt laws and NW regulations are in place for personal safety as well as the safety of others. I think some of the same principles are in question in my hypothetical situation and your interpretation of GZ's actions.

IMO.

What is described above shows both breaking the law. The one not wearing a seatbelt is not only breaking the law but also behaving in a manner that is putting themselves in danger. Since both broke the law I would expect my child that was not wearing the seatbelt to be given a ticket for that and I would expect the other driver to be charged with the proper charges for driving while drunk, underage and causing harm to someone else by hitting them with a car.

Now, as far as Zimmerman goes he was behaving in a manner that not only put himself in danger but also everyone around him including Trayvon. I would expect for Zimmerman to follow the instructions that were given to the neighborhood watch volunteers. However, he did not. Now he must face the punishment for not following those instructions and killing a teenager.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member