VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am feeling like LE is really not getting anywhere and that these photos are kind of either a potential big break, or back to square one,

IIRC, astrid posted the CL postings for modeling jobs, yesterday. I looked up one of them Bliss Entertainment and I googled the name, adding Charlottesville, and that store came up in the search. At the time, I wondered if the two were related. I will go back and do the searches again.

But what's the connection between a country gas station and a specialty sex shop in a town 30 odd miles away? Or rather, how did the connection get made? And why'd they turn the focus from Lovingston to Charlottesville? Those are the 50,000 dollar questions.
BBM: I don't think so. I think they are showing the store clerks pictures of people who were near Alexis in the Liberty station photos, hoping somebody saw one of them the same day Alexis went missing. I also think that any store would turn over their surveillance footage just on the off chance that some matching person shows up in it. JMO.

I am feeling like LE is really not getting anywhere and that these photos are kind of either a potential big break, or back to square one,

Respectfully disagree. I feel like they've honed in on one - maybe two - folks. If you read the article, the clerks at those respective places say they were showed pics of 'a man' and not 'men'. I feel like LE rushed to cover those clerks' admissions with the more broad 'we are checking folks (plural) we can't identify', as to not risk giving anyone a heads up.

Respectfully disagree. I feel like they've honed in on one - maybe two - folks. If you read the article, the clerks at those respective places say they were showed pics of 'a man' and not 'men'. I feel like LE rushed to cover those clerks' admissions with the more broad 'we are checking folks (plural) we can't identify', as to not risk giving anyone a heads up.

Hope so.

Not being snarky but yesterday didn't you say your husband was the one who drove by and saw them?

Just saw this, sorry I didn't reply earlier... Yes... I did say that... and then also said that I drove by there myself afterwards ...or something to that extent... I'm on my mobile right now so hard for me to go back and find my exact wording but... to clarify, he saw this on way home from work so I then drive out there myself... didn't mean to cause confusion, my apologies...

Not being snarky but yesterday didn't you say your husband was the one who drove by and saw them?

Just saw this, sorry I didn't reply earlier... Yes... I did say that... and then also said that I drove by there myself afterwards ...or something to that extent... I'm on my mobile right now so hard for me to go back and find my exact wording but... to clarify, he saw this on way home from work so I then drive out there myself... didn't mean to cause confusion, my apologies...

I wonder why there hasn't been any sort of reward offered for information? Could it be because they aren't 100% sure she's not a runaway? Most of the cases like this I have read/heard about usually get at least $1000 from Crime Stoppers or the FBI pretty close to the beginning of the case

But what's the connection between a country gas station and a specialty sex shop in a town 30 odd miles away? Or rather, how did the connection get made? And why'd they turn the focus from Lovingston to Charlottesville? Those are the 50,000 dollar questions.

Maybe they made a connection, like I was considering, between this ad for modeling and the store with a very similar name...both in C-ville:

http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/tlg/3980510081.html

On Craiglist in Richmond it has two BEWARES of BLISS ENTERTAINMENT.. and list names of a male and female. seem to be the same one as C-Ville Bliss Entertainment.

I wonder why there hasn't been any sort of reward offered for information? Could it be because they aren't 100% sure she's not a runaway? Most of the cases like this I have read/heard about usually get at least $1000 from Crime Stoppers or the FBI pretty close to the beginning of the case

There has been offers from public that ive seen on FB, but nothing so far from anything official... that I'm aware of... I've had comments in my personal newsfeed from friends... On offer for $2000 and one for $1000, but they were personal out of pocket offers of reward... Just passing along as FYI

I would say because the tips haven't dried up yet. jmo

This is my first post here, but I've been following this thread for a few days now. I live just a few hours away from where all of this is happening and I'm slightly older than her, so this really stands out to me.

But I remember seeing a post on her vine about her hitting her car on her way to work? Maybe this potential damage is from the same incident. Just a thought.

:wagon: Journey4Justice! :welcome:

Good catch regarding damage possibly due to prior mishap as shared by AM on SM!

:seeya:

IMO, AM agreed to go somewhere with someone she thought she could trust BUT soon was in way over her head.

My thought process went like this: The car was found in/near Charlottesville. Ultimate Bliss is only 2.3 miles away, pretty much on the same road as Carmike, along with a whole bunch of other businesses. They have no idea where she is, but know where the car was found. If she didn't park it there, whomever did should know where she is. If I were LE, I'd search there, along the whole strip, and the housing nearby, trying to find that person.

I had several ways of thinking, JMO only:
1) If there were people near her in the surveillance photos at the Liberty station, LE is trying to see if any businesses along business route 29 has seen anyone in those photos. I am sure they checked other businesses, not just Ulitmate Bliss, but UB makes everyone go "OOOOHHHH!", so it gets the most mention.
2) Perhaps there was surveillance footage of whomever parked the car in the Carmike lot. They are using that picture to see if anyone has seen that person.
3) Or maybe there is another person or persons they suspect, and are asking about him/them at all the businesses.

Since I don't have too much info, that's what I'm thinking they are doing. And as others have said, I'm sure they have a lot more than they are telling us.

Anyone up for a trip to Circle Krime? :innocent:

:laughcry: Circle Krime! :laughcry:

guess what, Jane! I JUST realized a couple of months ago that we have had a Circle Krime attached to a gas station about a mile from my house all this time... And I never realized it! :doh:

Now I giggle EVERY time I see it!

:seeya:

From the article... It says they said they did not see her in the stores:

FBI agents are showing pictures of a man to business owners in Charlottesville as part of the Alexis Murphy case.

Federal agents descended on the Ultimate Bliss adult shop and Quick Pik convenience store on Angus Road Saturday afternoon. Employees at both locations said agents showed them photographs of a man and questioned them about Murphy. Both say they did not see the 17-year-old.

Ultimate Bliss turned over surveillance video to investigators.

The FBI has confirmed agents are showing photos of people seen in close proximity to Murphy on other surveillance cameras and attempting to identify those people.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23101835/fbi-showing-businesses-photo-of-man-tied-to-murphy-case
Let me see if I am reading this correctly...

FBI shows pic of a man to business employees of Ultimate Bliss and Quick Pik...

Employees say they haven't seen AM...

But nothing is reported about the inquiries into if they saw the MAN... Correct?

SOOO... The owners MAY have seen the man in the pic...

(Or not, of course.)

Hope this makes sense!

Ultimate Bliss is across the street from a Best Buy (where all local teens go), a very centralized location, and just a few yards behind a KFC. It's not hidden, by any means, and has been there for years. Plus, there's a bus stop right on the road where you can see the store as you wait for the bus. You also see it as you pull onto the highway, so everyone who's been through town and certainly everyone who frequents Charlottesville knows about it. The store is easy to see because it's slightly up on a hill. Now that I think if it, I guess the store could be a draw for teens looking for such "things," especially without a credit card or the ability to buy things online without parents snooping. I can't imagine what on earth LE has stumbled upon to take their focus there.

Here is a stab in the dark...

could the man who talked with AM at the gas station been on tape... And then his car could have been seen going in the direction of Bliss and Pik?

FBI put two and two together?

(Oh... But C'ville is pretty far from the Liberty gas station... Isn't it... :sigh: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike