Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably keeps small tokens. Doubt he revisits, unless it is in a mud ride with friends! But doubt he goes back on his own for after the fact stuff, especially since he knows he is being watched since SC's investigation.

ETA: Then again, being under investigation may heighten the thrill of returning unnoticed. Hmmm.........................

My thoughts exactly. LE should be keeping their eyes out for body jewelry or piercings at RAT's property.

Okay, again quoting myself for reference, sorry if this is obnoxious, lol.

Here is a map:
http://goo.gl/maps/nsVkY

I see some places that interest me upon a cursory glance. These include:

Rappahannock River, Holliday State Park, Bear Creek State Park.

There also appears to be some other park areas up there by the Potomac (Caledon and Westmoreland State Parks)...

WAIT! There's a place called "Mechanicsville" smack dab in the middle....I know, its a stretch, lol.

I was just in Westmoreland State park on Friday. It has a lot of cliffs and deep runoffs there but is also a very busy park this time of the year. It was also an hour drive away from Richmond and probably closer to 3 hours from Lovingston.

From the bg thread:

"Fluvana Co
ase # Defendant Hearing Date Hearing Time Charge Action
GT07000858-00 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN 05/21/2007 09:30 AM 70/55 SPEEDING
GT07000859-00 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN 05/21/2007 09:30 AM NO REG. CARD/LIC IN POSSESSION "

Fluvana, right by Palmyra?

Yes, Palmyra is about 15-20 minutes away from Fork Union in Fluvanna county Va. My grandmother used to live there when I was a kid and we lived for a time in Palmyra ourselves.

This is the first I am hearing of this? All I read is that she was going to go buy hair extensions.

It was brought up early on, when she first went missing, so back in the first thread. She was apparently getting some major league extensions for her senior picture.

Makes me want to cry writing that, thinking she's not going get her senior year. Please let her be alive somewhere, please.

Started looking at possibly vacant private properties....a neeeeeedle in a haaaaaystack...Take Charlottesville for instance...

http://www.centralvaland.com/charlottesville-lots-for-sale/charlottesville-land-for-sale-51.asp

LE has got to have something after all their intensive investigating that can help lead them to something somewhere!!!!!!!!!!

I am really, really hoping that soil/vegetation/etc. samples found on the tires and undercarriage(not to mention other parts of the vehicles) of AM's dad's car... and RAT's various vehicles (Suburban/ATV/Camper/etc.) are being examined by LE/FBI.

Soil and vegetation varies even within a given region/area... Though it would not seem like it to the layman (like myself.. :giggle: )

Ratios of minerals/types of soil and the variation in plants .... As I have learned on WS... Can be informative on the locations vehicles (and their drivers) may have traveled...

All JMO...

I've read somewhere over the last few days that LE searched Greene Acres Lake in Standardsville several times looking for Samantha Clarke, which is about 21 miles from where they found AM's car. There is also a Chris Green Lake, which is only 5 miles from where they found her car. He once lived on Georgetown Road which is just a few miles from where AMs car was found. Of all directions he could have gone with her car, he went towards Charlottesville, Route 29 North. I think he went back to his comfort zone.

Edited to add that he is believed to have lived on Georgetown Road.

I think they need to look somehwere close to where Morgana Dana Harringtons body was found. I still think there is a connection here and that maybe he an accomplice who is African American. Maybe the drug dealer?

Yes, he keeps small tokens because he is an "organized" psychopath. And I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have a prison buddy as an accomplice.....or a gf that helps him out either......moo.
And I don't give a RAT what ethnicity or race they may be....a perp is a perp.

Tokens come in all shapes and forms......underwear, hair, jewelry, phones, etc

I am hopeful that LE has many answers to some of the questions that we are raising.

So, for Alexis, she had, at the very least, her car, car keys, iPhone,
her flowered capris/leggins, dark Pink shirt, Brown boots, undergarments, her Monroe stud, other piercing jewelry, other jewelry and her gray and dark gray purse as well as it's content. So, there is a lot to be found.

As far as the keys go, he probably tossed those either into a body of water or into the woods.

Ok, this just popped in my head FWIW. Storage facility.

Maybe every storage facility within a 2 hundred radius needs to be crosschecked for an owner named Breeden or Randy Taylor. JMO

Again, who knows what his latest aliases might be.

You do know there is a 26 yr old sex offender with the last name of Breeden- that lives down the road from RAT...

Doubt that. There's no history of that type of stuff happening in Nelson County. There are a lot of handy man jack types around here, independent car fixer/seller types, migrant worker types, plenty of people who get paid a good bit of money in cash (not to mention the local drug dealers) and there simply is no history of people being jumped for their pay. Nelson is a place where people don't lock their car doors, some people don't lock their home doors. I'm past all that having lived outside of Nelson for years, but before I moved, I NEVER took my purse out of my car, even left the keys in the ignition, only locked the doors at night and for years before I moved, I lived in a house with only a screen door for a back door that didn't have a lock. And, it's that backdrop in which Alexis was raised, that way of life that could get a local girl in trouble, especially faced with an outsider with ill intentions. She had no way of knowing not to trust some guy she saw at the gas station if he flagged her down. We'll see, but I still believe, because the person in custody was heavily investigated in another disappearance in the state, that this is a stalker/sexual predator case.

I did not mean a random stranger. I meant I wonder whether broke loser RAT knew she had money and went after her for that. Sorry if I wasn't clear...

Doubt that. There's no history of that type of stuff happening in Nelson County. There are a lot of handy man jack types around here, independent car fixer/seller types, migrant worker types, plenty of people who get paid a good bit of money in cash (not to mention the local drug dealers) and there simply is no history of people being jumped for their pay. Nelson is a place where people don't lock their car doors, some people don't lock their home doors. I'm past all that having lived outside of Nelson for years, but before I moved, I NEVER took my purse out of my car, even left the keys in the ignition, only locked the doors at night and for years before I moved, I lived in a house with only a screen door for a back door that didn't have a lock. And, it's that backdrop in which Alexis was raised, that way of life that could get a local girl in trouble, especially faced with an outsider with ill intentions. She had no way of knowing not to trust some guy she saw at the gas station if he flagged her down. We'll see, but I still believe, because the person in custody was heavily investigated in another disappearance in the state, that this is a stalker/sexual predator case.

Was there any mentioning of how far of a range the surveillance cameras at the Liberty Gas Station could point to? Could the cameras see where Alexis was parked at the gas station. Could someone, even RAT or an accomplice have slipped into the back of her car since a lot of people in Nelson don't lock their car doors? A lot of young people where I live in Maryland, don't lock their doors either when they go into stores. My son saw a man climb into the back of a young guy's car while he was in the store.

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@ParkerABC13 4h
NEW DETAILS IN THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ALEXIS MURPHY!

1. Investigators are responding to claims made by Randy.. http://fb.me/2ysRJFzbw

You do know there is a 26 yr old sex offender with the last name of Breeden- that lives down the road from RAT...

I don't think the name Breeden is of much relevance in this case. A couple locals posted a while back and said that Breeden is almost as common of a name as Jones, Murphy, Smith..in that area.

He could have missed his appointment, or tested positive for pot or other illegal substances then. (They call it "my colors came up" here. :floorlaugh:) We don't know yet, but we will.

**Why does my keyboard delete stuff when I am typing and move my hand?? Danged laptop, think I should disable that pad thingy.

The reason behind the "my colors came up" labeling is that the probationers are assigned a color. For example, blue. Then they are directed to call in via phone every evening to an automated service. This service then states "The color for Will County Illinois (or fill in your locale here) is ORANGE. If your color is ORANGE please follow the instructions given to you by your case manager." They then have a certain amount of time to take a "drop" (urine screen) at either the courthouse or certain centers setup for such things: In IL, they can go to an immediate care center that holds a contract with the State AND that is certified to take the drug testing results.

The reason this matters?

If he were to have missed a call-in, OR missed a test, OR missed an appointment, , OR have a diluted drug screen (which really can be from excessive water/coffee being consumed prior to testing, it is not always nefarious)..well in those instances, he would usually not be violated from probation.

HOWEVER, given his involvement in this criminal investigation,, you can bet your bottom dollar that the would use any/every available resource to hold him...including any of the above-listed offenses.

It is good that they got him on this violation, whatever it may be. Even a missed call-in is a violation, and ANY violation is cause for suspension of probation (it's just rare.)

Source: Paralegal in Cook County (Chicago) for Criminal Courts

I don't think the name Breeden is of much relevance in this case. A couple locals posted a while back and said that Breeden is almost as common of a name as Jones, Murphy, Smith..in that area.

I just brought it up due to Margarita's mention of it- and someone in one of these VA cases used the alias of Larry Breeden...

Probably unrelated, but since Roanoke is just over 90 miles away, and RAT had a few days before being arrested:

Police investigating in a Roanoke neighborhood

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/pol...ood/-/20128466/21509922/-/qkdupf/-/index.html

Also, same story, different news station: Roanoke Police investigating body found at Southview Condominiums

http://www.wsls.com/story/23163271/roanoke-police-investigating-body-found

I doubt it. I see no reason a person would transport a body from a relatively rural area with numerous places to easily dispose of it to much more highly populated city where he could easily be noticed.

Indeed.

We have got to find his dumping grounds. My question is if this is one place, or a bunch of different places.
With the Tuesday find of the car they were able to go to the health club and possibly the Clubhouse at the first set of apartments.

LE was on his house by that 1st Saturday just a day or so after showing pics to two businesses (Bliss and the other store that sounded like a convenience store) of "people" seen, on "other cctv" images, with AM.
The 2nd day, after the first search of his property, LE also searched a home on Country Lane.

And if I am not mistaken, LE was conducting another search in C-ville at the same time as they searched the Country Lane home.

They are onto something.

Today, I noticed there are camping huts at a nearby popular Park. They are a little spooky, IMO. But, I figure one must reserve those "cabin,"

The abductor has a workshop or a favorite place and it is probably on Rt 29, VA 151, VA 56 or I-64.

It is very important to find out what facility he was housed at until 1996 and note the town or county where it is located. I get the distinct feeling that he had talks, while confined, with someone of like nature. I can see three scenarios taking place. One would be some sort of competition or even partnership of sorts. The other would be to study jail/prison mate's MO and to try it on for size.

I am very curious as to the man who is also listed as the property owner of the ramshackle house in Lovingston and the two different men who filed assault charges against RAT.

Did Alexis work in Charlottesville? I read on her account where she mentioned on July 31st about having to go to work on August 1st. On August 1st, she was complaining about the morning traffic and the rain in Charlottesville. Her car was also found in Charlottesville the Tuesday after she went missing. Someone knew her schedule, even a stalker, just by looking at her account. I guess whoever left her car at the Carmike Theater parking lot must have been there before. Most strangers do not go out their way to hide a car over 35 miles away from where a person was last seen. Not unless the stranger was under police radar, knew that he would be the first suspect, and thought he could still get away with committing crimes.

Some things are just not adding up right!!

Did Alexis work in Charlottesville? I read on her account where she mentioned on July 31st about having to go to work on August 1st. On August 1st, she was complaining about the morning traffic and the rain in Charlottesville. Her car was also found in Charlottesville the Tuesday after she went missing. Someone knew her schedule, even a stalker, just by looking at her account. I guess whoever left her car at the Carmike Theater parking lot must have been there before. Most strangers do not go out their way to hide a car over 35 miles away from where a person was last seen. Not unless the stranger was under police radar, knew that he would be the first suspect, and thought he could still get away with committing crimes.

Somethings are just not adding up right!!

Yes, she worked at Kid 2 Kid in Charlottesville.

I live relatively close by to the areas we are discussing. To even try to understand the huge amount of land we are thinking about, I tried to visualize my own land. We have many acres. I was pretty shocked when I thought about my own place. We live "way out" and if there was something put on our land, we may not know it for a long time. There could even be someone LIVING on our land, and we would not notice as it would be out of sight with woods, hills, ravines, etc.

I was in Lynchburg today - the mall, restaurant, walmart (joy, joy) and did not see one poster, etc. Maybe I missed it, but nothing.

My hubby is aware of this case from me telling him, but otherwise no one we work with has ever discussed it, or brought it up, even though it's on news.

To summarize my round-about thinking... people with large tracts of land may have heard of this case, but probably aren't thinking they need to go check their land. This seems to be a real "needle in the haystack" thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa