NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE typically does not comment to the media or otherwise in every missing persons case. Just FYI. They're not concerned about what people think or wonder unless the media is coming down really hard on them.

I know what you mean, we have been told that the car is still being processed. Should we believe this? I guess it boils down to trusting or not trusting what is being said.

Or have not even gotten to it yet?

If you are an adult and of sound mind and you do not want to be found, contact the investigating police department and identify yourself. They should close your file and would not be legally allowed to tell your relatives etc. where you are, due to privacy laws. -
http://www.charleyproject.org/faq.html

BBM

Just as I suspected, but LE will still tell the family that he was found. LE wouldn't leave them in the dark about his missing status. IMO, that is where their obligation ends, then the family has to hunt him down for child support, etc.

JMO

Am I the only one a bit perturbed by the attention-seeking (IMO) on the FB page for finding Robert?

All about MEEEEEE comes to mind. JMO

Are you referring to IM? Please clarify. If anything, she's thanked posted for their well-wishes, which have been many.

I didn't even want to comment on it, but it has been increasing at a steady clip to the point where I can barely scroll through the page without a post about HIM - and it seems that the assistance being offered to IM is false (Please note: If I am wrong, and this is just a well-meaning member of the community genuinely trying to help, then I will gladly eat my own words.)

-----

So interesting, the characters that play into these disappearances. Surely it is not nefarious, but still, it is distracting to the actual purpose - finding Robert...

Again please clarify. I think she has received a tremendous amount of assistance from a multitude of avenues.

Or have not even gotten to it yet?

You never know what LE is thinking or doing exactly. IMO, sometimes they don't tell the family everything. Let's say LE has suspicions RM was possibly murdered by a family member, friend, or co-worker. They would most likely keep that thought to themselves until they have enough evidence for an arrest. They are not going to let that cat out of the bag prematurely, IMO.

Just a thought . . No facts.

Ok sooooo why would dogs not be called in to search the scrap yard?

1. They know he left there
2. he was seen someplace else?

I don't know the answer for sure, but the reason may be that it is private property. LE and the search groups would need permission or a warrant. Keep in mind, that industrial area is probably mostly private property.

Are you referring to IM? Please clarify. If anything, she's thanked posted for their well-wishes, which have been many.

Again please clarify. I think she has received a tremendous amount of assistance from a multitude of avenues.

IMO = In My Opinion
HIM = him (HBO guy)

Caustic was not speaking about IM (Ida). IM has always been gracious and thankful.

I was so hoping to wake up this morning and hear good news for IM being that her birthday was yesterday.

How do we know the cameras at Arrow were not working? How do we know if he was involved in other things? Were there money issues? There's so many missing links here and at this point, anything is possible. Bottom line there is much more to this story than what is being told.
In my opinion I dont think it was suicide. He either ran away for some reason or he was killed for maybe something he knew about or was involved with.
It's way too clean leading me to believe the latter of the two. :scared::twocents:

What would prompt her to request that no status updates be given?
Wouldn't it behoove the investigation, even if not criminal?
IMOO.

good question Treelights---all I could think is that they are private people who feel that any "chatter" is destructive to the family or to the "case"--if any such case exists.-- Sorry-I guess I am not answering-lol

Ravynne------your post 751------what was your take on the "blog-icle" I am calling it??? Things came to light I did not know---"Robbie" is his nick-name and it was peppered thru out the piece as tho the writer was (IMO) trying to humanize him. And also the part about the phone call.

Let's hope Rob Mayer returns home safely to his family one day soon..

Ramswon1---- you just prompted a question!!!!
If RM appears---what happens to the reward money???? Gets returned?

Just as I suspected, but LE will still tell the family that he was found. LE wouldn't leave them in the dark about his missing status. IMO, that is where their obligation ends, then the family has to hunt him down for child support, etc.

JMO

When an adult is the subject...LE, absolutely, has no obligation to report back to the family if he is alive and well and just does not want to be found. Unless he committed a crime or is involved in criminal activity...

Hey Team,

Not being a FB kind of guy, can anyone tell me when was the last time IM or LE or any family member posted anything concerning RM? When was the last ground search conducted? Are any more searches planned?

It appears to be so quiet (factually), that I just want to determine whether we are trying to help solve a mystery that has already been solved. No offense intended. Thanks very much J

Wondering about the car again. Thinking out loud...

If RM has either contacted LE and informed them he is alive and well, or they have confirmed by other sources he is alive and well, would LE continue with the time and expense to process the car?

As it is not illegal to go missing on ones own accord, confirming this would make an further expenditure of time and money moot, assuming that no crime has been committed.

Knowing the status RM's car might shine a light on what is or what is not happening with regard to the case. If it was suddenly released to family without processing, that in my humble opinion would speak volumes.

Of course if it is still in LE impound, that would indicate to me that the case is still either active missing person or a criminal act is suspected.

Hey Team,

Not being a FB kind of guy, can anyone tell me when was the last time IM or LE or any family member posted anything concerning RM? When was the last ground search conducted? Are any more searches planned?

It appears to be so quiet (factually), that I just want to determine whether we are trying to help solve a mystery that has already been solved. No offense intended. Thanks very much J

greengny----welcome and regarding status---it seems to happen on facebook. I am not on FB personally but as I understand alot (ahem) seems to go on. I'd think news about searches would be provided there.

"...mystery that has already been solved"--could very well be.

The car, the car the car.....maybe LE gave it back to RM and he had it shipped to his new location. If he loved it that much...... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle