New Search at North Dumfries Farm -- September 9, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the neighbours would be pretty hyper-aware of anything going on at the lot at this point too, and their workshed is right on top of the barn.

I believe a poster who lives in the area stated they had seen dark LE type vehicle(s) recently coming out of the property but I don't believe it was physically guarded around the clock. Will go dig for that post.
That's not to say there weren't camera installed in discreet places monitoring traffic.

ETA- finding that post is going to be like looking for a needle in a haystack as I can't remember which thread I even read it in. So.... if anyone else remembers that post, can you help me out please. Thanks.

I would find it a little odd if neither of the two police forces searched the barn itself. You bring up a good point, does anyone know if it was guarded in between now and then? It could have been plenty of time for a guilty party to hide evidence under the hay and then call in a new tip, which is the last thing this case needs, another questionable piece of evidence.

And not directed to you , Puppyraiser, but I know some may think it is kind to hope that LE find something, personally I think it is very macabre and dark to hope they find a body, I personally hope that they find her instead alive and well someplace, so I think it's better to hope that they don't find anything related to LB there, for her parents sake. I know closure would be wonderful, but I know that is not the kind of closure they want, and I hope and pray that Laura is alive somewhere, living of her own free will.

Come on.....we all are hoping that Laura is alive and well, no one here wants her remains to be found in that barn. Unfortunately, the more we sleuth about these two creeps (MS and DM) the likely hood of a positive outcome for Laura does not look good. imo

I just got the same NEWS via Cp24 sent to my email...I sincerely hope they find something...Yes it said trucks started on DM FARM at 8:00am ...robyhood...:facepalm:

Let's hope the canine unit is there, more than 4 cops, and they spend more than 10 minutes searching the entire property. Or at least until Timmie's puts on a few fresh pots.

How many times do they keep going back there without 15 german shepherds with their noses to the ground along with at least 50 cops for more than 15 minutes. Why do we bother spending our tax dollars on training search dogs if they aren't going to use them. It baffles my mind.
Unless they bring out the dogs, they are probably wasting everybody's time.
Does anybody realize how many bodies were found by dogs under floors and floors of rubble after 9/11?

And not directed to you , Puppyraiser, but I know some may think it is kind to hope that LE find something, personally I think it is very macabre and dark to hope they find a body, I personally hope that they find her instead alive and well someplace, so I think it's better to hope that they don't find anything related to LB there, for her parents sake. I know closure would be wonderful, but I know that is not the kind of closure they want, and I hope and pray that Laura is alive somewhere, living of her own free will.

I don't hope the police find anything but the truth. If the objective truth is that there's a body somewhere, no amount of hoping for something else is going to change that. She's either alive somewhere, which would be really nice to find out... or she isn't.

Let's hope the canine unit is there, more than 4 cops, and they spend more than 10 minutes searching the entire property. Or at least until Timmie's puts on a few fresh pots.

How many times do they keep going back there without 15 german shepherds with their noses to the ground along with at least 50 cops for more than 15 minutes. Why do we bother spending our tax dollars on training search dogs if they aren't going to use them. It baffles my mind.
Unless they bring out the dogs, they are probably wasting everybody's time.
Does anybody realize how many bodies were found by dogs under floors and floors of rubble after 9/11?

With all the different scent dogs now being trained in Ontario, and more specifically, the Hamilton area (both by LE and private citizens), I'd be surprised if they haven't tried a few of them on the Farm.

Dave Walker's group comes to mind but LE has to call them in.

Let's hope that someone didn't strike up a deal and roll on the other, when the LE have been at that farm over and over and found nothing.
Surely I am not the only one frustrated as hell, that the many times the LE were there they didn't turn that barn upside down and now, yet again, they are there hopefully because forensics found something in the first search and not because someone got a deal.

I'm happy there's some new news r.e. Laura. I've had bad feelings about her disappearance and purchase of the incinerator. I'm very curious about the new info that's come in.

Dan Lauckner CTV ‏@vidman 1m
Waterloo Regional Police Drug Unit just arrived at the #millard farm towing a large trailer @CTVKitchener pic.twitter.com/EIzosNNkUv
Details

Let's hope that someone didn't strike up a deal and roll on the other, when the LE have been at that farm over and over and found nothing.
Surely I am not the only one frustrated as hell, that the many times the LE were there they didn't turn that barn upside down and now, yet again, they are there hopefully because forensics found something in the first search and not because someone got a deal.

Not sure if you're following the Elaina Steinfurth case, but someone finally talked (from prison), leading LE to search...that person's garage...which everyone assumed LE had already fully searched. They hadn't. (And then they found the body.)

As much as everyone else, we always hope for the best outcome and hope that LB is alive and well... however, IMO, I do hope that LE do find something at that farm. Perhaps they had something come up from their previous search in forensics?? The second remains they had found, I cannot remember, was that cleared of being human? If so, can someone please link that for me? If not, perhaps some DNA was found and they had to match it, hence the length of time inbetween searches.

As much as everyone else, we always hope for the best outcome and hope that LB is alive and well... however, IMO, I do hope that LE do find something at that farm. Perhaps they had something come up from their previous search in forensics?? The second remains they had found, I cannot remember, was that cleared of being human? If so, can someone please link that for me? If not, perhaps some DNA was found and they had to match it, hence the length of time inbetween searches.

Hamilton police have confirmed that they are dealing with only a single set of human remains at the Waterloo region farm of Dellen Millard.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitch...rloo-millard-police-still-searching-farm.html

The CBC started that rumor (more remains) and it remains a rumor.

ETA: I guess things are not looking up for DM and MS's hearing on Thursday this week...

I believe a poster who lives in the area stated they had seen dark LE type vehicle(s) recently coming out of the property but I don't believe it was physically guarded around the clock. Will go dig for that post.
That's not to say there weren't camera installed in discreet places monitoring traffic.

ETA- finding that post is going to be like looking for a needle in a haystack as I can't remember which thread I even read it in. So.... if anyone else remembers that post, can you help me out please. Thanks.

Yes, it was me that saw the LE type vehicle but that was quite some time ago now. I drive that road twice a day and there has not been any presense of any kind since a couple days after the last search.

Interesting that Waterloo Drug LE are there now.

I noticed the straw that was visible hanging from the opening on the second floor in past barn search photos is not visible now in the most recent picture.
Wonder if the second floor held a stash of drugs?

Does anyone have the link for Find Laura Babcock facebook?

Ms. Babcock’s aunt, Lori Ryan, said she fears police are on site in connection to her niece, calling the timing of the incinerator delivery and Ms. Babcock’s disappearance “too fishy.”

“I believe they’re looking for Laura – and I’m sorry [if] they’re looking for Laura,” Ms. Ryan said, adding that at a family event last month, Ms. Babcock’s mother, Linda, expressed hope that her daughter is alive and will “come home when she’s ready.”

Mr. Millard bought his farm for $835,000 in cash in May, 2011. He told his real-estate agent that he planned to use it to build a dream home with his fiancée.

Because it is Toronto Police on scene, I'm also supposing it has to do with Laura.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...urderer-dellen-millards-farm/article14188697/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2