CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that's strange. I was in a few stores away from The Habit on McBean yesterday. I was actively looking for Bryce while there (I don't live in Valencia). I pray the siting is credible!!!

I know of one via WS and at least a couple via FB on foot and searching

michael_karen_brycelaspisa-288x334.jpg

http://scvnews.com/2013/09/11/dads-car-burglarized-while-searching-for-missing-teen/

I'm trying to think "in Bryce's shoes". If one were to have suffered a head injury that caused amnesia and complete disorientation, how would one react. Would basic survival instincts kick in - thirst, hunger, shelter? I would think so... anyone?

I think I would go to a hospital or some medical facility. jmo

I wish I could find a resident! It's somewhat deserted here during the day. I did find the John Russell Rec Ctr not far on John Russell Dr. It looks the same. You can see everywhere but the bathrooms, so that would be the only place he could be if he was here.

Can you check the Summit Park / YMCA area? It's right there on McBean a block away towards Valencia Blvd.

26147 McBean Pkwy

There is a large park located between Hart High School and Placerita Middle School. Someone check there? Walking distance from The Habit.

Ok, for anyone living near Castaic, what kind of area is it there ?

Hello Dragracerz, Great job in getting the media involved. KFI 640 is a GREAT outlet to the LA area. Bill Carroll, Tim Conway JR, John and Ken are ALWAYS on top of big stories that are being overlooked.

I am a Castaic Resident and have spent many, many hours at the lake. Training and doing Triathlons ( bike riding on Lake Hughes and surrounding areas and swimming in the lower lagoon) as well as walking my dogs almost every day at the lake, near the damn and the lower lagoon.

I have been out if town since last Thursday, but have continued following on websleuths, hometownstation since I left. I will be back today and will try and get some facts from my Lifeguard friends as well as see if I can help look for Bryce as soon as tomorrow.

re: the area. As you know the little town of Castaic, close to the lake, is just several blocks of actual stores, including restaurants, truck stop gas stations, a really run down hotel ( wonder if anyone has looked there?) a newer strip mall with a Starbucks, Popeyes chicken, Jersey Mikes, Pep boys, and a few there stores. There is a rundown Bar ( another place to ask people if they know anything and put flyers) called Country Girl. The residential area around Castaic lake range from mobile home type homes, apartments to suburban neighborhoods. There is definitely a " shady" element over there.

I would like to add the main part of The Santa Clarita Area, the town of Valencia is very LA Suburb. Very new and booming. This is located about 10 minutes from the lake.

Literally, across the street from entrance to the lowere lake, there is a Sherrif Station, which I believe has access to horses as I see them on horseback around the lake now and then.

I live on the other side of the 5, a newer area of Castaic. I have been there for 11 years. I get an email about 2 times a month that says what crime has taken place in the area. Usually car break ins, bikes being taken out of the garage, minor thefts.

I'm happy to take any video, pictures etc of the surrounding area, including lake Hughes, lake Castaic and the crash site ( if they let me near that area).

my sister in law in a PI, maybe she will assist in some way.

WS folks, let me know if I can answer any questions about the area, although I'm not great with measurements or distance, but will do my best.

Still hoping for answers for you and your family. Best Wishes.

I contacted Habit main office to obtain district mgs # and kept calling store, even they are closed. I finally spoke with store mgr and there are no cameras there. I sent him flyers, he will talk to all employees and see if anyone remembers him

Sad, but many times when people go missing its hard to distinguish which ones are credible sightings and which ones are false as to take advantage of a sad situation to draw media attention to their place of business and waste precious time away from the searchers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I hope they keep searching that lake. It is the thing that makes the most sense to me, much as I hate the idea and hope I am wrong.

Can you check the Summit Park / YMCA area? It's right there on McBean a block away towards Valencia Blvd.

26147 McBean Pkwy

I did go to the YMCA and Summit Park and hiked the trails in back. No flyers up there yet but I asked a very nice volunteer who was putting up flyers near The Habit if she could pop over there to put some up. I know others have searched Summit, too. I also walked some if the paseos and along the wash.

Someone on FB mentioned the wash & homeless kids camping in hidden areas & being around Granary Square. Also the RV storage across the wash.

Yes! I used to live in the houses behind Granary Square & used to walk past the paseos & through the wash to get to work on Bouquet Cyn / Railroad Ave (San Fernando Rd) & Soledad Cyn / Valencia Blvd. This is an area that needs to be looked at.

26147 McBean Pkwy

I belong to the YMCA AT SUMMIT PARK and just called staff to alert them to the sighting. Robin at the front desk is advising staff to be on the look out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Someone on FB mentioned the wash & homeless kids camping in hidden areas & being around Granary Square. Also the RV storage across the wash.

Yes! I used to live in the houses behind Granary Square & used to walk past the paseos & through the wash to get to work on Bouquet Cyn / Railroad Ave (San Fernando Rd) & Soledad Cyn / Valencia Blvd. This is an area that needs to be looked at.
I did go to the YMCA and Summit Park and hiked the trails in back. No flyers up there yet but I asked a very nice volunteer who was putting up flyers near The Habit if she could pop over there to put some up. I know others have searched Summit, too. I also walked some if the paseos and along the wash.

@abugs - you are a step ahead of me! :D

I belong to the YMCA AT SUMMIT PARK and just called staff to alert them to the sighting. Robin at the front desk is advising staff to be on the look out.

Yay!

Staples and OfficeMax are doing color flyers

For Dragracerz: I'm catching up with threads while on the plane back to Castaic. just saw the "possible sighting at The Habit" There are two Habits, I go to the one off newhall Ranch, which would be closest to Castaic and a short 5 minute drive or a few miles walk from Castaic lake I go to the Habit about 2x a week. It's is located in a shopping area right off the 126/Newhall that has an LA FItness and several other restaurants. have you identified if they have a surveillance cam there yet? I am sure the shopping area must have some sort of surveillance cameras by The Habit if not.
let me know if I can help, I could run over there tonight when I return approximately 5:00p. There is another Habit off Mcbean, in a shopping center called Granery Square, this is deeper into Valencia.

Quick update. There may have been a second sighting, don't know if it was today or if someone said they think they saw him before. People are searching / canvassing Valencia area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519