Did John Ramsey carry the body to contaminate the scene or not?

Did John Ramsey knowingly try to contaminate the scene by carrying JonBenet upstairs?

• Yes, he did try to handle the body to contaminate the scene.

Votes: 122 53.5%
  • No, he did not think him handling the body would contaminate the scene.

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • no, it was a natural reaction for a father

Votes: 39 17.1%
  • He wanted the body discovered.

Votes: 47 20.6%

• Total voters
I think "found" her because he grew tired of waiting for law enforcement to. He wanted to leave the state and for some reason he believed he would be able to. Which in itself is bizarre IMO

I think he carried her upstairs and put on that performance because he thought that's what he should be seen doing.

I don't think he did it to purposefully contaminate. That was a unintended bonus. IMO
I feel Patsy was putting on the performance of her life. Oscar worthy.

BBM
I agree. If his carrying her was about contamination, why wait so late to "find" her? If he waited too long the cops may find her and there may be no opportunity to contaminate.

I think I am too easily tempted to think it was purposeful contamination because the circumstances seem to suggest he wanted witnesses of him with JB. It could be the evidence was never on his mind and this was always about the drama he and Patsy could play out in front of friends and LE.

I was just reading over on the other thread that some think PR was the abuser and JR nothing more than an uninvolved husband and father. :waitasec:

His behaviour that day tells me he knew exactly what had happened and was the main planner of the "staging"...although I honestly don't think he vetted the "ransom note". It's far too wordy, disorganised and delusional. I think he instructed PR to write one, and roughly what to put in it, but he wanted two sentences not an entire essay of wtf.

I think he just got sick of waiting around for LE to "find" her, so he found her himself, just like he directed them to the ransom note on the stairs when they first got there. Note he didn't handle the note like he did the body, and I believe that's because he knew he didn't handle the note so didn't need to cover himself.

Poor John, he has to do everything himself, he's the only one who doesn't screw it all up.

:cow:

ETA: it helps to bear in mind that he didn't think they would get caught when he was doing all this planning. He's far smarter than everyone so overlooked some pretty basic details as very bright people tend to do...they get smug in their own intelligence.

He was right, too. He wasn't caught. :(

quoting Venom:

Arndt ordered FW to guard the door to the basement but instead he ran back down to the WC.
He ran back downstairs to look at the broken window again, correct?

his second look at the window was when he and JR went down there after Arndt suggested that they check the house for something missing or out of place. that's when JR told him he'd broken the window when he was locked out one time

after JB was taken upstairs FW went back down to look at the WC again, and picked up the black tape that was on the blanket

he first noticed the window when he walked through the basement within 15 minutes of his arrival that morning, and saw that one of the panes was broken. that's when he moved the suitcase, looking for more than the one small piece of glass he saw on the floor

FW saw the broken window at about 6:10am. JK's book says that FW observed a broken window that was closed and unlatched. ST's book says that after the discovery JR admitted going to the basement around 10am (during the two hours he was missing) and closing the open window. none of the books provide a clear distinction between open/unlatched and closed/latched and if/how much BPD pursued it that morning. I'd have been all over that (because of my experience in questioning children, teenagers, and husbands. you gotta get the specifics!)

she told JR that his daughter was dead and he said "It has to be an inside job."
What did he mean by "inside job?" How would he know?

PMPT: per Arndt, Jr said "No one knows about the wine cellar in the basement" and therefore his daughter's murder "has to be an inside job."

It has to be an inside job!"............Jeeze, who talks like that anyway?

What did he mean by "inside job?" How would he know?

PMPT: per Arndt, Jr said "No one knows about the wine cellar in the basement" and therefore his daughter's murder "has to be an inside job."

So an intruder wouldn't have known about the wine cellar? :facepalm:

All the latching windows.....iirc, the broken window was broke for months and they didn't worry with fixing it. Then that morning he worried about latching it?

there was a lot of discussion lately re the fibers and Ramsey supporters claim it was all innocent transfer....I wonder why JR himself disagrees then?he could have easily said,yes,so what if my fibers are there,I live in that house and put her to bed sometimes or helped her with the toileting issues...but no>>>

21 Q. (By Mr. Levin) Mr. Ramsey, it is

22 our belief based on forensic evidence that

23 there are hairs that are associated, that the

24 source is the collared black shirt that you

25 sent us that are found in your daughter's

1 underpants, and I wondered if you --

2 A. ********. I don't believe that.

3 I don't buy it. If you are trying to

4 disgrace my relationship with my daughter --

5 Q. Mr. Ramsey, I am not trying to

6 disgrace --

7 A. Well, I don't believe it. I

8 think you are. That's disgusting.

23 MR. LEVIN: This is a murder

24 investigation, and I am trying to get an

25 explanation, which can be an innocent

1 explanation.

why were both LW and JR so aggressive?they could have come up with an innocent explanation but were afraid of this topic.transfer is an innocent explanation,no?they weren't prepared for this me thinks
they chose to argue "those are not MY fibers"

Hey Madeleine - we need a link for your post above about the transcript. Can you provide one please? You can pm it to me and I'll add it to your post if you like.

Thanks,

Salem

Thanks for finding that link. It looks like it may be a transcript of a deposition. Do you know what this transcript is from?
At the very top of the linked page, it says:

VIDEOTAPED INTERVIEW OF
JOHN RAMSEY

August 29, 2000

2140 The Equitable Building
100 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, Georgia​

At the very top of the linked page, it says:

VIDEOTAPED INTERVIEW OF
JOHN RAMSEY

August 29, 2000

2140 The Equitable Building
100 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, Georgia​

But is it a deposition for something? All this tells me is the date and address of the videotaped interview.

<modsnip>. But why was this interview conducted?
There is an article about it here:

http://extras.denverpost.com/news/jon082900.htm

Ramsey talks spark anger
By Karen Augé and Marilyn Robinson
Denver Post Staff Writers

Aug. 29, 2000, updated 9:45 p.m. - John and Patsy Ramsey returned today for a second day of questioning about the death of their daughter, JonBenét, by investigators from Boulder, who insisted their questions "have to be answered."
The two sides squabbled Monday over the line of questioning by special prosecutor Michael Kane, with the Ramseys' attorney, L. Lin Wood, saying Kane was refusing to consider any suspects other than the 6-year-old's parents.

As Kane returned for the second day of talks today, he said Wood "doesn't want his client to answer some tough questions."

"This case is ... almost four years old. Whether it's an intruder or somebody in the house who committed this homicide, there are some difficult, tough questions that have to be answered," he said.

Beckner told reporters Monday morning that much has happened since the Ramseys were last questioned in June 1998. Beckner said investigators wanted to ask the Ramseys about things they wrote in their book, "The Death of Innocence," published this spring. And "new forensic evidence has developed over the last couple of years," he said.

Much more...

this is one of the lines from JR's poem to Beth

...you are growing older with woman looks that are now clear

I find it weird but dunno why

don't ask me for a link,it's from PMPT,quoting Linda W.

That does sound weird. I know what it implies to me, but I'm sure others can see where I'm going. :moo:

the poem was called "Daddy's little girl"

page 556,PMPT

I know, I know! Someone trying to divert attention away from himself and his wife...:scared::facepalm:

JMO

RBBM: Just thinking about JR's statement here. An "inside job," I wonder what exactly he meant by this? Did he mean "inside" Access Graphics job? Did he mean "inside" the City of Boulder job? "Inside" their circle of family and friends job? Just what did JR mean by this?

JMO

:lol: my dad would never write me poetry in a month of Sundays!

Weird!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back