Arias files motion to fire lead attorney Kirk Nurmi

Could this "Jake" be the infamous penpal? He was on Nancy Gace a few times.

"Arias jailhouse pen pal sticks by her side"
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/02/26/jodi-arias-jailhouse-pen-pal-sticks-her-side

This Jake had nothing to offer for her defense. He only knows her through letters and phone calls. The quote from the article tells me he is not a good judge of people. To trusting. He should count his lucky stars she was not acquitted.

Jake” also told Nancy Grace producers, that Arias is such a good friend, he and his mother told her that if she is acquitted, she is welcome to come and live with them when the trial is over.

in all honesty, I believe she is pretty spot on in her complaint and totally believe the feelings and situations she describes in regards to nurmi. nurmi made it obvious every second that he hated JA. he also came off as a lemon lot used car salesman who lives in his mom's basement.....creepy, gross and sketchy.

however, it is hard for me to feel sorry for her. part of me actually laughs at her suffering and complete diss by nurmi.

...im still reading it, but those are my thoughts thus far.

I agree Nurmi is a whiner.

However, attorneys do not have to like their clients, or even fake it. Yep, it is true. He can show his disdain yet still represent her to the best of his ability.

Attorneys have very few clients that they like. So few it is absurd when clients think their attorney is their friend. No one should think that (unless you already have a long life established friendship). They are not, they are doing their job. If most clients know what attorneys think of them, they would not be pleased. Think retail jobs and people selling you clothes that look bad, or people that look down on you since you don't make as much money or not as well educated.

Nurmi has done his job.

oh btw. the document has NOT been filed. it has only been DELIVERED in order to be filed. ;) so in reality, it is not a legal document. its just her diary ramblings.

Still doesn't explain how Kiefer could get his hands on a copy that includes a certification page from MCSO? Can you help me out here?

I agree Nurmi is a whiner.

However, attorneys do not have to like their clients, or even fake it. Yep, it is true. He can show his disdain yet still represent her to the best of his ability.

Attorneys have very few clients that they like. So few it is absurd when clients think their attorney is their friend. No one should think that (unless you already have a long life established friendship). They are not, they are doing their job. If most clients know what attorneys think of them, they would not be pleased. Think retail jobs and people selling you clothes that look bad, or people that look down on you since you don't make as much money or not as well educated.

Nurmi has done his job.
True, and how can she claim ineffective council when he gave her a decent defense and Wilmott was also on the team???

Still doesn't explain how Kiefer could get his hands on a copy that includes a certification page from MCSO? Can you help me out here?

You didn't ask me, and I can't help you out, but see the last paragraph of 21merc7's post #44 above, which offers one explanation.

It appears things just aren't going well for the Princess. jmo

True, and how can she claim ineffective council when he gave her a decent defense and Wilmott was also on the team???

Oh not to worry, she will find someone to file that Habeas when the appeals are denied, but it will be unsuccessful. She has made sure of that, in her own Motion that we are discussing!

But really, the Judge has made sure, the attorneys both sides, have made sure, and all is on video, not just transcripts. No way she can claim it and expect anything from it now. ;)

Had to jump in here after reading the motion CMJA made to fire Nurmi.

First, I laughed all the way through. I don't like Nurmi much for reasons that he defended said killer and let her speak for 18 days, trying to destroy Travis's reputation, and that he defends child molesters. Okay got that out of the way.

CMJA just makes me laugh. She is so stupid, so arrogant, so lacking in social skills, morality, ethics, human nature. Empty. Can you imagine JSS reading her motion and laughing too? I can.

Does she really think we care about her? Still laughing that she called us obsessed haters. After all, what did she ever do to any of us? Oh yes, that's right!.....she slit the throat of a human being any of us would have loved to have as a friend. Oh then, she shot him in the head. She even stabbed him 29 times for good measure.

She says Nurmi won't communicate with her and then turns right around and says she is the one refusing to see or talk to him. Cry me a river!

And poor Jennifer. CMJA throws her under the bus with Nurmi too, since Jennifer has never tried a capital case.

Clearly, CMJA is delusional and thinks she can be tried again. This time she will walk freely among us and onto her next victim. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

CMJA you are there for life. Deal with it. As far as the death penalty, can I quote you? You said you preferred death. It will set you free.

I doubt that, CMJA. I doubt it.

CMJA's 12 page motion is the Cliff Note version of her trial.

:rolleyes: Borderline at its best.

I don't understand the term "borderline personality". Border to what? She has no personality. Under her smile, she is empty. Nothing there. Who coined that phrase for psychology? I like psychopath much better.

I'm sure KN hasn't stopped :praying: since the moment he found out this motion was filed..."Please Lord, let it be!"

Poor man, his career went straight in the toilet when he drew this case.

This was cute, the prayer icon and all. However, his career defending child molesters needs to go into the toilet. Hard to pity him. He allowed her to drivel on the stand for 18 days and he seemed to enjoy it. I didn't believe him when he said he disliked her nine days out of ten. As long as she was on the stand, I rather thought he was enjoying her.

Someone end this BS now .. if the state drops the DP they can go straight to sentencing and we are done .. come on Bill .. enough is enough .. let's just do it and give Arizona tax payers a break ..

Oh, and Jodi, stop using words like 'nay' you're not some page from Tudor times you pretentious ****!

Two snaps and thumbs up for your comment Mrs G.:) Her latest antics would be funny but imo this shows the weak link to having juries sent sentences cases drag on when there is no agreement. Sad to the point of being painful to watch criminals manipulating the system. Jmo

Ciao

Looks like we should be expecting news of a jailhouse interview sometime next week, possibily as early as Sunday

Some tweets:

Cole Bartiromo ‏@ColeBartiromo 6 Oct @JodiAnnArias @PROdealorg What time & day are you calling? Get me a heads up.

Jodi Arias ‏@JodiAnnArias 6 Oct @PROdealorg 10/27 it is!

You can track Cole to his FB page and from there to a Newsball Inc. which reports on crime related stories. On the Newsball website is this little gem:

Other upcoming articles:

An exclusive interview with Jodi Arias from her cell in Arizona as she awaits a new sentencing trial.

http://newsball.com/

Looks like Princess just can't stay out of the spotlight for long and she's got a media blitz on her agenda.

Looks like we should be expecting news of a jailhouse interview sometime next week, possibily as early as Sunday

Some tweets:

Cole Bartiromo ‏@ColeBartiromo 6 Oct @JodiAnnArias @PROdealorg What time & day are you calling? Get me a heads up.

Jodi Arias ‏@JodiAnnArias 6 Oct @PROdealorg 10/27 it is!

You can track Cole to his FB page and from there to a Newsball Inc. which reports on crime related stories. On the Newsball website is this little gem:

Other upcoming articles:

An exclusive interview with Jodi Arias from her cell in Arizona as she awaits a new sentencing trial.

http://newsball.com/

Looks like Princess just can't stay out of the spotlight for long and she's got a media blitz on her agenda.

Somebody just gave me some information on Cole Bartiromo and this kid has a very serious scamming history, including SEC charges for defrauding investors of more than $1 million when he was only 17 years old. I'm wondering now if this is tied into the launching of her appeal campaign.

The link below gives his history and the imbedded links appear legit.
http://www.re-newsit.com/2013/07/a-sociopath-in-truest-form-cole.html

CMJA...more subterfuge

I doubt that Cole Bartiromo and Newsball would be in any way considered mainstream, much less media.

Here is an article about his own previous exploits and adventures in prison:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-279710--.html

Published: Dec. 10, 2010 Updated: Aug. 21, 2013 1:17 p.m.

Former teen swindler tries to start over
Cole Bartiromo, now 26 and out of prison, seeks a new and legitimate career as 'The Dollar Scholar.'

By GREG HARDESTY / THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

snip

"Bartiromo went to prison for 33 months in 2004 for two frauds he committed after the Internet scam. In November 2009, just weeks before his probation was about to end for those crimes, he went back to prison for violating probation by using a cell phone in a halfway house.

He got out of prison in late July and ended a mandatory stint in a halfway house in late September, and no longer is under federal supervision.

However, the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Internal Revenue Service continue to chase Bartiromo for fines that now total $2.8 million."

Quite a long and interesting article.

RSBM

Lol. Why so she can say no one called her imaginary witnesses? That only worked for one young female and an entire team of pro bono attorneys.

We do not want to hear any more inmate whining! Why do any kind of interview?

Oh, to see what the population of listeners is? How many web site clicks? No thanks.

She can continue to shove herself further in the hole.

Really, interview? By the person that has the copy of the new Motion?............

Inmate Convicted Murderer JA getting lonely? Not enough attention? Aw, make it worse for yourself. Inmate 101 also says "Shut up, don't talk to anyone about it." Too bad she didn't comprehend. :behindbar: :floorlaugh:

Think of the damage she can do if she were to be put into general population. She tries to manipulate people on the outside now. The man in New York is a perfect example. Can you imagine what she will try to do if she is put in general population which LWOP will give her? jmo

---------------
I think of the damage they can do to her. She will (would) also meet a lot of people who are also manipulators. I dont see life being easy for her which is payback for how she mutilated Travis. She might try to manipulate but not like what the person does back. In her letter she writes as though Nurmi never tried to get off her case. She is either full of carp or thinks she can fool everyone. I hope and pray the Judge denies this. No matter who does the penalty phase she aint never goin' anywhere. I truly think she does not understand what she was sentenced, murder1. She wants life with parole after 25 years. From what I read on that, she cant even try for parole until after 25 years. Az Lawyer (God Bless Her) wrote quite a bit on this..Jodi, your ship has sailed.:floorlaugh: :jail:

Well they are only ABA "guidelines", however he does still owe her some duties. Didn't Nurmi want to be fired?

Somebody just gave me some information on Cole Bartiromo and this kid has a very serious scamming history, including SEC charges for defrauding investors of more than $1 million when he was only 17 years old. I'm wondering now if this is tied into the launching of her appeal campaign.

The link below gives his history and the imbedded links appear legit.
http://www.re-newsit.com/2013/07/a-sociopath-in-truest-form-cole.html

CMJA...more subterfuge

. . .as if the arsonist wasn't enough? :scared::facepalm:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member