GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Bourbon
I understand its only two miles from school to Abigal's home. So within two miles something ominus happened. I also understand Abigal had a team practice back at school at 5pm, which of course she never made. Is it possible rather than walking two miles to home, she was close to the school somewhere with intentions of making the 5pm practice? Seems to me there is a small window for LE to figure on what happened to her.

I understand its only two miles from school to Abigal's home. So within two miles something ominus happened. I also understand Abigal had a team practice back at school at 5pm, which of course she never made. Is it possible rather than walking two miles to home, she was close to the school somewhere with intentions of making the 5pm practice? Seems to me there is a small window for LE to figure on what happened to her.

Another poster then said that she was not in Fall track shortly after. MOO

If they found her phone after the weird 'lost property' request would LE declare it in MSM?

Also the whole lost property thing. Still curious about that. If we are going back to the start of LE comments just still stuck on that one. Surely there is something in that. If she was picked up with her phone why would it end up in a lost property section of any business?

Or for some reason based on sightings walmart and phone pings do they believe it lost perhaps before she even disappeared. Or if she run away with some guy say who she was talking to on whatsapp or something which would not be traceable maybe she ditched it or was told to lost it on purpose.

I personally don't remember it. But, we do not have any verified insiders on this case yet.

I cannot imagine in insider verifying themselves in a case like this. I suppose it happens. If they had information it seems they'd give it to the authorities. Handing out information that isn't available to the general public would 1) possibly hinder the investigation 2) give them a bad name in a small, tight-knit community.

Do you get a lot of verified insiders here?

<snipped>

Zenya Hernandez, Abigail’s mother, said late Wednesday morning, her daughter “has been a skier and a runner, but she was never part of any organized sports, she was not a cheerleader.”

http://www.newhampshire.com/article/20131106/NEWS07/131109544&template=newhampshire1407

It really makes things so hard to try to piece together when you hear information then its retracted. :(

Ok, I would like to attempt to clear things up a little bit.... I am very familliar with NH law enforcement policy and procedure.....
1. anything that Abby's boyfriend told LE or provided to LE.... they are NOT going to make that public... it is evidence and needs to be protected for the purpose of protecting the integrity of this investigation.
2. Any warrants that have been obtained to search cell records or any other type of personal property, whether it is Abby's property or anyone else ESPECIALLY a minor like her boyfriend, they are not going to make that public for privacy reasons and to protect the integrity of this investigation. Now, in the event they obtain something that creates solid leads and/or evidence that they need the public's assistance with substantiating they will bring it forward BUT they do NOT have to disclose how they came across it unless they think it will be helpful.
3. These kids are MINOR CHILDREN..... LE in NH after several cases with murdered teens etc, including my best friend, they have learned over the years (from 1997 on) it is much SAFER and better all around for the investigation and EVERYONE involved that MINORS are not subjected to a media circus as things may get said that should not, unreliable info or info that needs to be kept quiet could be inadvertantly released and it is traumatic for kids...

JDC is quite outspoken as we know, but he and his family have put forth a great effort to assist LE and most importantly the Hernandez family in finding a way to break this case open and get Abby home...... we should keep this thread respectful in that aspect IMO.... LE is NOT going to allow the boyfriend to subject himself to the media, and I am sure at this point the poor kid can not even THINK STRAIGHT and is under terrible DURESS as i know my best friends boyfriend was..... IMO once you have been through something like this, you have a better understanding of it once the healing process has gone on and years have gone by....

BBM

Respectfully, could you please supply some links for your statements? Some of them seem to conflict with LE's actions in other cases, and others seem to fall into the "insider" category, and it was just pointed out by a mod that we have no verified insiders. I'm just not sure what to make of it.

Thank you.

JMO

I think what ZH was stating was she was not ever a part of an organized sport outside of school, she was referring to the running club that her sister and ZH were in. She was in track at school. But I guess from recent retractions she wasnt running fall track? I wonder why?

If no one was able to make contact with her after 3pm, I am sure by 7:17pm people would be worried. That just is not normal. Does not have to mean there were signs of a struggle, etc.

Just a heads up. There is a comment from a reporter for Huffington Post on the Missing Help Find Abigail Hernandez FB page asking for info on the case and for anyone interested to contact her. You can see the comment and get the info here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...649.1073741828.370102969789905&type=1&theater
I hope the link works... If not, the comment is below the post with the picture of the roadside billboard, posted about 3 hours ago.
In any case, it bothers me somewhat to think that her source of info is going to be the people that run that page, IYKWIM

Just a heads up. There is a comment from a reporter for Huffington Post on the Missing Help Find Abigail Hernandez FB page asking for info on the case and for anyone interested to contact her. You can see the comment and get the info here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...649.1073741828.370102969789905&type=1&theater
I hope the link works... If not, the comment is below the post with the picture of the roadside billboard, posted about 3 hours ago.
In any case, it bothers me somewhat to think that her source of info is going to be the people that run that page, IYKWIM

Well they get it wrong a lot of the time anyway, IMO, so they probably use Fb as a source often.

People are getting desperate and contacting news stations as mentioned on that page the reporter posted on. Better to get it out there than silence. If rumors go out to public it may cause some chaos for the town, but should help to get the job done and find AH!

I think what ZH was stating was she was not ever a part of an organized sport outside of school, she was referring to the running club that her sister and ZH were in. She was in track at school. But I guess from recent retractions she wasnt running fall track? I wonder why?

ZH said Abby wasn't part of organized sports, so I think she meant in general, including at the school. Abby was at the start of her freshman in high school, so it sounds like she hadn't participated in any team sports there (cheerleader, track, or otherwise) yet.

It really makes things so hard to try to piece together when you hear information then its retracted. :(

Especially when it is LE.

I am still hoping one of the posters has access to the post with all the things that were said and then changed.

There was quite a list.

MOO

I believe cross country is generally a fall sport and track is a spring sport, so her track season would not have started until next year.

I cannot imagine in insider verifying themselves in a case like this. I suppose it happens. If they had information it seems they'd give it to the authorities. Handing out information that isn't available to the general public would 1) possibly hinder the investigation 2) give them a bad name in a small, tight-knit community.

Do you get a lot of verified insiders here?
Being verified doesn't give a member carte blanche to post irresponsibly. The mods are usually up to speed on the sensitive areas of the cases we moderate, and we won't hesitate to snip an insider's post if we think it will compromise an investigation. Most are responsible, anyway, and exercise discretion. Then in some cases, a VI is an extended family member or an acquaintance who isn't privy to critical information. And yes, we do have a fair number members who are VI's.

I think they are different. One is cross country and one is sprints! MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members