GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just now hit me! I wonder how much MM did pay for the facelift.
Didn't I hear it was about a 7 hour surgery?
Was it ever mentioned?
I am guessing somewhere between $7,000 - $15,000?
He may have gotten a hefty discount due to his occupation...

Whatever amount he paid, it must have been worth it to him.
Thinking that he was paying for part of his alibi.
Not that he would ever miss the money...
IMO... it just proves how determined he was to kill her.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

It was done in the Guy Heinz trial in GA. On the 2nd or 3rd day they dismissed a juror (Ithik because he wasn't deliberating) and he was replaced with an alt. The judge threw out the 2 verdicts that had been reached out of the 13 and told them to begin anew. 4 hrs later they reached guilty on all 13 charges.

It might just be death penalty trials that do this...not sure. I think in the JA trial they kept the alternates also. Also, Scott Peterson trial. iirc

They have put in all this time it just seems like good business to keep them. Anyone could have an accident or become too ill to deliberate. They just seemed to be told they were dismissed with no limitations at all.

Originally Posted by minor4th
Seriously, can anyone come up with any reasonable alternative to how Michele died other than what the state just laid out? Any devil's advocates out there?

"Me, me, me!" saith Spencer. "She drugged herself all up! AND she was constipated!!!!"

I guess I'm back to watching HLN for verdict watch. I just checked them on the web and no verdict watch clock at the bottom of their screen!

I bet the person whose cell phone went off at the end almost soiled their pants. as soon as it went off. My stomach tensed up, and I'm not even there!

I wouldn't want the judge to yell at me.

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow 3m
@Jinga_saurus You can set my Twitter feed to mobile alerts. When I know, you know.

HLN is currently showing the Defense's closing where Spenser is going over Dr. Frikke's medical findings on autopsy. Spenser spent more time talking about Michele's constipation than he did on the myocarditis. My jaw dropped as he went into a detailed explanation of how full of feces Michele was. I think the jury understands what constipation is. What he was trying to infer was beyond me. The only thing I can think of is that constipation is the ONLY thing he understood. That and cranio-rectal inversion. :) JMV

Yes , he sounds like I do and looks like he feels like I do...
Poor man . I have liked this judge

The last few weeks, when I ask my kids something, when they've answered, I've taken to saying, "Very good."

I agree. I've liked him, too. I've sensed that he's really felt the weight of what he's doing. And he seems like a genuinely nice man.

Watching this trial with the benefit of all the fine people here on Websleuths has been fascinating. Without the many helpful comments here on this forum -- whether they be legal, medical, anecdotal, or perspective -- there is absolutely no way I could have come to the degree of understanding that I did of the various aspects, personalities, theories & nuances of the case.

They say you learn something everyday -- while participating on this WS forum, I learned many, many somethings and I am grateful. I can't thank you all enough.

What Italy said ^. I have enjoyed your posts too Italy. Where is everyone going after this?

Watching this trial with the benefit of all the fine people here on Websleuths has been fascinating. Without the many helpful comments here on this forum -- whether they be legal, medical, anecdotal, or perspective -- there is absolutely no way I could have come to the degree of understanding that I did of the various aspects, personalities, theories & nuances of the case.

They say you learn something everyday -- while participating on this WS forum, I learned many, many somethings and I am grateful. I can't thank you all enough.

Stick around for the next trial. This was a tame forum. Sometimes things can get heated.:blushing:

I bet the person whose cell phone went off at the end almost soiled their pants. as soon as it went off. My stomach tensed up, and I'm not even there!

I wouldn't want the judge to yell at me.

Could it have been the atty's cell to let him know time was up?
Can they do that?

What Italy said ^. I have enjoyed your posts too Italy. Where is everyone going after this?

Well, who got murdered recently, or not so recently?

Someone said it would be good if Spenser just skipped to an explanation of why Martin didn't just get her out of the tub---- (sorry, I lost the quote)

It was against OSHA regulations!

:giggle:

LOL, so funny! That was a completely useless testimony, IMO!

Can I just say I'm glad that Spenser is being his typical self and starting to run on? I think every time he does this he loses the jury just like he loses up and I don't mean "loses" as in we don't understand, I mean as in it becomes blah blah blah blah and loses any and all effect.

I so agree! He goes on and on, my brain tunes out time after time even though I'm trying to listen, and then I find that tens of minutes have gone by and I can't figure out what exactly his point is. Or, I get one or two points but I can never remember how he arrived at them.

HLN is currently showing the Defense's closing where Spenser is going over Dr. Frikke's medical findings on autopsy. Spenser spent more time talking about Michele's constipation than he did on the myocarditis. My jaw dropped as he went into a detailed explanation of how full of feces Michele was. I think the jury understands what constipation is. What he was trying to infer was beyond me. The only thing I can think of is that constipation is the ONLY thing he understood. That and cranio-rectal inversion. :) JMV

Opiates cause constipation because they slow the gut down.
We were to believe that Michele was taking more than 2 percocet a day and this is why she was so "backed up".
*that is if the jury members already know this*
Was it addressed by an MD during the trial? If so I missed it.

I like him... I think he might have some social anxiety issues.

I know this is coming late, lots of problems with WS loading this week again.

I think the Judge is more on the intellectual level of thinking. This trial may compromise intellect and emotion. That is very difficult for intellectual thinkers. Social anxiety plays a big role in that. :)

I'll see if this posts in the next few minutes...

I don't know of any soon to be televised interesting cases. I had hoped the woman going to trial for wacking her Professor boyfriend to death with her stiletto shoe would be televised. I'd love to see how someone accidently got clubbed to death with a shoe but I haven't heard anything since it first happened.

Any interesting cases coming up let me know please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa