CT CT - Billy Smolinski, 31, Waterbury, 24 Aug 2004

I just bought and watched the disappeared episode from itunes and cannot believe how bungled this case was from the beginning. The poor Smolinski family, i feel awful for you. The ex girlfriend and her friends and her lover, why weren't they given lie detector tests and heavily interrogated by law enforcement to get some answers here? Any associates of the deceased son should be as well. Its maddening because justice is not being done here.

Also, another question I have is why didn't the neighbor who said Billy asked him to look after his dog appear on the program? I want to hear more from him about the last encounter he had with Billy. According to his ex who shared custody of the dog, Billy always went to her first to take care of the dog so somethings fishy there.

Hanson found, rearrested.

http://www.newhavenregister.com/articles/2012/01/13/news/doc4f0f7230a1d92740458903.txt

"Police have re-arrested Chad Hanson, the informant who led authorities on an unsuccessful search for a missing local man and subsequently escaped from a Waterbury halfway house...Police had interviewed him about Smolinski in 2008, with Hanson telling police...he helped another man bury Smolinski’s body. Police searched an area...but did not find anything...Hanson then told police he had lied about the incident, and in fact didn’t know where Smolinski was buried."

I can't believe he made up the story - Billy's family has had to endure so much.

There's an article in today's New Haven Register that talks about Billy's Smolinski's case. The article's central point is that police should take missing persons cases seriously in the early hours and days because otherwise, important evidence can be lost and the person never found (if victim of foul play). If the person isn't really missing, no harm done.

On another note, I never heard how things turned out in the harassment case brought by MG against Janice. Is it finished? Does anyone know the outcome?

http://nhregister.com/articles/2012/04/05/news/doc4f7e201e625c6210263533.txt

Published: Thursday, April 05, 2012
By Michelle Tuccitto Sullo, Investigations Editor
mtuccitto@nhregister.com
and Andy Thibault, Contributing Editor
Tntcomm82@cs.com

The family of missing man William “Billy” Smolinski is pushing for police to do a more thorough search of a large wooded area off Wigwam Drive in Shelton, where a resident believes she spotted Smolinski’s truck being driven into the woods around the time of his 2004 disappearance.

This case needs to keep going an not go to the cold file, after reading alot about this case an knowing the mom thru sites. I believe that Madeline is involved. an the police in that town are corrupt since Madeline's other married boyfriend has political ties..go to billy4justice.com an read left hand side information, very interesting.

Superior Court Judge Thomas Corradino, in a 34 page ruling issued late Friday, awarded $32,000 to Gleason for intentional infliction of emotional distress, $7,500 for defamation, plus $13,166 in punitive damages.

I am puzzled by this as reported in the link however-

Police have said they believe Billy Smolinski, who disappeared Aug. 24, 2004, at the age of 31, was murdered. He has never been found. Police have said they believe Gleason’s son, Shaun Karpiuk, killed Smolinski. Karpiuk died in 2005 at age 27 of a drug overdose.

I dont remember the police ever stating that they believe Madeline's son killed Billy. I want to know how the reporter defines the word "police." The tipster, Chad Hanson, is heading to trial this week because he made false reports and misled investigators. Which means that his information is not credible, I would think.

What a mess.

the Smolinskis began to receive reports that Billy’s missing person flyers were being torn down in Woodbridge, Ansonia and Seymour. They placed more flyers up, and they were torn down, slashed, and defaced by someone spray painting “Who cares?” across a mutilated image of Billy’s face.

The Smolinskis hired a private investigator to find out who was tearing down the flyers, and eventually staked out the area themselves. When the culprits revealed themselves, the Smolinskis were stunned – it was Madeline Gleason and her friends.

http://waterburyobserver.org/node/1247

I remember this case. I was sympathetic until I heard the mother on a podcast trashing the ex-girlfriend and even ridiculing the deaths of the ex-gf's children.
Lost all sympathy right there.

Glamourkitty, surely you don't mean that you feel Billy Smolinkski somehow deserved to disappear because you didn't like the way his mother came off in a podcast.

And before you write something like that, I would suggest you take a look back through some of the archives and news articles about the case. There is a very long history and his mother has good reason to be suspicious and, at the very least, bitter.

I remember this case. I was sympathetic until I heard the mother on a podcast trashing the ex-girlfriend and even ridiculing the deaths of the ex-gf's children.
Lost all sympathy right there.

Glamourkitty, surely you don't mean that you feel Billy Smolinkski somehow deserved to disappear because you didn't like the way his mother came off in a podcast.

And before you write something like that, I would suggest you take a look back through some of the archives and news articles about the case. There is a very long history and his mother has good reason to be suspicious and, at the very least, bitter.

I understand your point glamourkitty1922. While I agree there is a long history between the two, the fact is that the GF prevailed in some pretty critical legal filings recently and I am afraid that Billy and the truth of his case have become lost because of tunnel vision.

My heart completely breaks for the Smolinski family-I would love to see Billy returned to them. But I truly believe this case needs to start from scratch with a completely blank slate.

I understand your point glamourkitty1922. While I agree there is a long history between the two, the fact is that the GF prevailed in some pretty critical legal filings recently and I am afraid that Billy and the truth of his case have become lost because of tunnel vision.

My heart completely breaks for the Smolinski family-I would love to see Billy returned to them. But I truly believe this case needs to start from scratch with a completely blank slate.

I agree about the blank slate with an open mind, and exploring any and all theories. Only a couple people know what happened, sadly, and I think it may be limited to Billy and the person or people who were responsible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back