Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#3

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Amanda only testified that she found the door open.

The pro guilt logic is that Amanda found the door open, therefore she went prancing around the cottage naked without bothering to close the door.

I have no clue why anyone would think that way. But perhaps they are so full of hate that they have stopped thinking.

Bouncing off of Otto's reply.....and what about the argument that she did some of these odd things because of her "quirkiness?" She could have indeed left the door open and gone and taken a shower and pranced around the house naked due to her "quirkiness" and kind of in some of haze she was supposedly in during her "childhood."

But oh I see, so she can be quirky when it suits someone's argument, but not quirky when it doesn't suit it.

Have you come across that email lately? I read it a long time ago and wanted to have another look at it, but haven't been able to locate it.

No I was just looking for it as well but I did find this interesting statement analysis done on it.
http://.blogspot.com/2012/11/amanda-knox-email-analyzed.html

Not that it's an exact science or anything but very interesting none the less.

No, Amanda only testified that she found the door open.

The pro guilt logic is that Amanda found the door open, therefore she went prancing around the cottage naked without bothering to close the door.

I have no clue why anyone would think that way. But perhaps they are so full of hate that they have stopped thinking.

That (logic) is not the point.

If you come home to an unlocked door... the intruder may still be there.

Locking the door after you enter isn't the problem.

who has stopped thinking?

No I was just looking for it as well but I did find this interesting statement analysis done on it.
http://.blogspot.com/2012/11/amanda-knox-email-analyzed.html

Not that it's an exact science or anything but very interesting none the less.

I'm not into the pseudo psychology of the analysis. The only things I think you can really take from it are inaccurate typing and general immaturity. Both are consistent with my view of Amanda in this situation. She is not precise and not mature for her age. I think those two things are a lot of the reason she got into so much trouble. JMO

Regarding the question of whether Knox locked the cottage door after finding it wide open and deciding to take a shower: she did not lock the door before taking a shower:

"i assumed someone in the house was doing exactly what i just said, taking out the trash or talking really uickley to the neighbors downstairs. so i closed the door behind me but i didnt lock it, assuming that the person who left the door open would like to come back in.

i left the bathroom and got dressed in my room. after i got dressed i went to the other bathroom in my house, the one that filomena dn laura use, and used their hairdryer to obviously dry my hair and it was after i was putting back the dryer that i noticed the **** that was left in the toilet, something that definately no one in out house would do. i started feeling a little uncomfortable and so I grabbed the mop from out closet and lef the house, closing and locking the door that no one had come back through while i was in the shower, and i returned to raffael’s place."

http://www.truejustice.org/ee/index.php?/truejusticeforums/member/messages/pm/812/P490/

Well, there ya go. It only took a page of debate to agree that the 1st post making the statement was correct.

Well, there ya go. It only took a page of debate to agree that the 1st post making the statement was correct.

Err, no... She said she closed the door. She did not leave it open.

It was locked or unlocked... nice try.

It was locked or unlocked... nice try.

I was the one who asked the original question which was whether or not she left the door open. It's not a try, it was my question.

Err, no... She said she closed the door. She did not leave it open.

She said that she knew that the door did not remain closed unless it was locked. She did not lock the door, so she knew perfectly well that there was a possibility that the door would be wide open when she got out of the shower and boogied naked down the hall on the bloody bathmat:

"here’s the thingabout the door to our house: its broken, in such a way that you have to use the keys to keep it closed. if we dont have the door locked, it is really easy for the wond to blow the door open, and so, my roommates and i always have the door locked unless we are running really quickley to bring the garbage out or to get something from the neighbors who live below us."

http://www.truejustice.org/ee/index.php?/truejusticeforums/member/messages/pm/812/P490/

I was the one who asked the original question which was whether or not she left the door open. It's not a try, it was my question.

According to Knox, the door was either locked and closed, or unlocked and wide open. According to Knox, the door could not be unlocked and closed.

Nobody said she took a shower and left the front door wide open. Has it come to these types of arguments here? The entire point was how it was when she arrived, what she did after coming in, and what she did when she left.

Nobody said she took a shower and left the front door wide open. Has it come to these types of arguments here? The entire point was how it was when she arrived, what she did after coming in, and what she did when she left.

Actually, they did. Repeatedly!

Each flatmate KNOWS this can happen, therefore they would likely not leave the cottage that way.

Not so much the open door, the lamp, the blood drops, locked door, broken window, poo in toilet, etc...

But all... would any female person you know actually take a shower in that situation?

Wonder IF they did... would they forget their towel?? :scared:

Handy that shuffle along the hallway (with her foot slipping off occasionally :facepalm: ) on the bloody bathmat... when talking to LE.

Oh, you found my barefoot prints in luminol in the hallway... I hope I didn't mess them up any with my boogie.

:jail:

Note: not just the open door, but ALL.

I am in the process of reading A Death in Italy.

Has the whole issue of the mop and the beach been covered? I can't get past that. RS's housekeeper says beach was never in his house....and the mop carried from Amanda's house, just does not make sense. I can only think, coverup.
Do you have a page number? IIRC the housekeeper at the time of the murder said that she did not use bleach, but the previous housekeeper said that there was bleach in the flat and that the amount was the same between the time she stopped working there and the time of the arrest. The police released information to Richard Owen indicating that there were bleach receipts, but they never materialized.

She said that she knew that the door did not remain closed unless it was locked. She did not lock the door, so she knew perfectly well that there was a possibility that the door would be wide open when she got out of the shower and boogied naked down the hall on the bloody bathmat:

"here’s the thingabout the door to our house: its broken, in such a way that you have to use the keys to keep it closed. if we dont have the door locked, it is really easy for the wond to blow the door open, and so, my roommates and i always have the door locked unless we are running really quickley to bring the garbage out or to get something from the neighbors who live below us."

Thanks otto.
Her own words... maybe that will help things from getting sidetracked.

That (logic) is not the point.

If you come home to an unlocked door... the intruder may still be there.

Locking the door after you enter isn't the problem.

who has stopped thinking?

You assume it was an intruder. But why do you believe that everyone else will make that same assumption?

I have come home and found my garage door open a couple of times. But I don't assume that someone broke into my house. Other people live in this house. They may have left the door open for a reason. I also know that the cat sometimes runs into or out of the garage while the door is being closed and that triggers the safety circuit and reverses the garage door opener.

Amanda didn't live in the cottage by herself. She had three roommates that could have left that door open while they stepped out for a minute. Or forgotten to lock it when then left. Finding the door open was a bit odd, but not a reason to call the police immediately.

A better question might be to ask the maid where they kept the paper towels, cloths, rags, toilet paper or old clothes to get up a small water spill. RS couldn't seem to find them.

You assume it was an intruder. But why do you believe that everyone else will make that same assumption?

I have come home and found my garage door open a couple of times. But I don't assume that someone broke into my house. Other people live in this house. They may have left the door open for a reason. I also know that the cat sometimes runs into or out of the garage while the door is being closed and that triggers the safety circuit and reverses the garage door opener.

Amanda didn't live in the cottage by herself. She had three roommates that could have left that door open while they stepped out for a minute. Or forgotten to lock it when then left. Finding the door open was a bit odd, but not a reason to call the police immediately.

If you know your family and cat are out of town... you might be worried.

If you entered and found blood, broken window, poo.... what do you do then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marionmiller