GUILTY TX - Jackson Farrey, 6 mos, El Paso, 15 Nov 2013

Petty, I know, but what the heck has she been doing to her hair? Did she spend the time driving north by braiding tons of teeny little braids instead of feeding her surviving son? Or just bored in detention without the ability to take a selfie every five seconds??

This one just really gets to me. I have so much compassion for new moms, but I am having such a hard time finding an ounce of sympathy for this one.

or pictures of her nails all glamed up. ...LOL

The facebook profiles are still there, here's the one for Jenna Hendricks https://www.facebook.com/jenna.hendricks.98?fref=ts

The youtube one disappeared yesterday.

That's interesting. The one that I clicked on yesterday from page 1 or 2 of this thread (sorry not sure how to quote it on my phone) led to a "profile cannot be found" page. I do recall someone making a photobucket documenting all of her social media though, so all is not lost.

will you give us a link?

I don't remember where I read it. I've been following this case since they were reported missing as I also live on the West side. I've read so many reports and visited so many webpages that I cannot remember where I read it. Sorry :(

If she was "very distraught" I'm sure it's only because she's thinking about getting caught and having to serve time.

I do not beLIEve trips to the salon for hair and nails, as well as designer clothes are in Jenna's future. :jail:

Oops, let's not forget sports cars and her favourite...Driving, are pretty much non-existent.
Aww, dagnabbit!! :boohoo:

This woman makes me sick. There's a special place in the afterlife for people like her.

I have read some horrible stories on WS and in the news in my lifetime. But this whole thing infuriates me and I have read very little of the posts here since I just feel sick when I try. It's so sad when children draw the short straw for parents and pay the price like this. So many people let this baby down and it hurts my heart. I just can't see TWO people thinking this way of raising children is ok. Who had the controlling personality??

Back to CPS for a moment, the time they "followed" the family what would that consist of?
Parenting classes? Unscheduled visits to the home? Scheduled visits to the home?

I'm asking because, I just can't wrap my mind around the fact both boys were so malnourished & CPS stopped in May....how was this not noticed by them!?

Not trying to defend the grandparents/family, but we live 26 hrs from ours & go weeks without talking on the phone. Although, I do email/post pics on FB, they really have no idea what our daily lives are like. I honestly feel they may have not know, so how could they help :(

HIS family knew, they made it clear in comments on social media.
They knew B was not eating well with her and they knew she had left B home alone.
That's enough, they didn't need to know more than that.

I see my grands every day. I keep close watch because their Moms are young. No matter how old my girls are, I am still their mother, and I see their failures as *my* failures. It's my job to teach them how to woman!

When I knew my oldest was on drugs, I removed my Granddaughter from her care and kept her with me until my daughter successfully completed rehab. She was mad at first, but she did what had to be done, and thanks me now.

I hold these grandparents just as responsible as the crappy parents. We have to teach our kids what is expected of them, and protect their children if needed.

HIS family knew, they made it clear in comments on social media.
They knew B was not eating well with her and they knew she had left B home alone.
That's enough, they didn't need to know more than that.

I must have missed this. I didn't see it mentioned in any news articles, just that they are now trying to gain custody of B. My point was, being so far away its hard to know what's going on.

Yes, many people let this baby down and I can't help shaking the feeling that I am one of them. I know this family in passing, I was never at their house. Yes, Blake did not look right but it's funny how your mind works. You think "all kids are different, maybe he's just a small and slow". I also knew that CPS was involved, so you think SOMEONE in authority is observing the situation. Additionally, Jenna is truly a nasty person. With good hearts, my girlfriend and I tried to help out by offering (new) clothes and supplies for the first baby and, as crazy as this sounds, she would respond with insults and push you away. You'd think "If I never see her again it will be too soon!" I never met Jackson, but I did see Blake with Jeffery in Aug. Blake looked like something from a WWII refugee camp. I remember saying to my girlfriend, "That baby looks totally neglected". But with a combination of your mind not really believing it, being only a casual acquaintance, not thinking the baby is in immediate danger, and knowing they were in the "CPS system"--what could I have done? This is NOT a rhetorical question. Even if I had trusted my instincts, what could I have done or what SHOULD I have done that would have made a difference?

These children were let down by a lot of people. There's no denying that this tragedy could, and should, of been avoided. Holding every single person to lay eyes on B accountable(including yourself) though won't help. Hind sight is always 20/20. In this particular case I feel like if the military was made aware of the situation a lot would of been done.

Personally I'm a pre-k teacher. We have the proper channels to go through and access to do that. I will admit though that once I did cross the line in getting involved when I didnt feel like enough was being done and the child was in danger. I got a grandparents phone number off an emergency contact list, and anonymously contacted them. I could of loss my job and worse, but I would do it again.

I think the only thing that can be done is getting ahold of CPS and sometimes one time isn't enough. Especially if they have her in their reports already I think the more it is reported the better and they offer anonymous reporting but I think it is better to actually give a name. Or even reaching out to other family members but I completely understand making up excuses in your own head about "it's okay" or whatnot. I think we all do it at one time or another and it sort of sits in the back of our mind. I think also most of us could never hurt a baby so we don't really truly think anyone else could either. I think I have a lot more awareness now being part of this board but I still see fishy things sometimes and let my mind downplay it.

I think this case gets to me more than other cases because I had a cousin do almost exactly the same thing. She would give her little boy a bottle but he wasn't big enough to hold it on his own so he slowly was starving. However his grandma witnessed it and it was very obvious because he was skin and bone. There was no fat on this poor baby. He lived thank god. His grandma ended up raising him and his sisters after that and went through court and everything else she could do - she had the money for it fortunately which I understand a lot of people wouldn't.

In this case it is a little sad that now the family is trying to get custody of Blake when I bet we and them all wish it was done a lot earlier. Very tragic.

I know I have a hard time writing on these boards so I wanted to thank those of you who shared your thoughts. It isn't always so easy to do so.

By the way, she had two Jenna Hendricks FB pages and the one still there always looked like that I believe, and the other one has been shut down or something. Maybe too many views who knows.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back